Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    The British did the very depressing miniseries Dead Set.
    that's right. I do remember watching that around halloween. That don't count though, I mean... they're British.

All League
    Looks like SOME answers are coming with the gang reaching the CDC...I don't trust that epidemiologist, though. Remember what they tried with Stu Redman.

Oh, and that chic shooting her sister after she "Came back"...yeah, that was deep.

All League
    sucks that only one episode is left, and we have to wait some time before it returns!!

But looks like some questions will get answered as to how the epidemic started and if any cure was or is capable of being found. Do you think we will hear from Merle is the last episode???

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    sucks that only one episode is left, and we have to wait some time before it returns!!

But looks like some questions will get answered as to how the epidemic started and if any cure was or is capable of being found. Do you think we will hear from Merle is the last episode???
    I think he'll make a fleeting appearance toward the end of the last episode...maybe a cliffhanger for next season(?) While this show is much better than Heroes I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate where season 1 was gold but subsequently turned to confusing and dumb plots.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I think he'll make a fleeting appearance toward the end of the last episode...maybe a cliffhanger for next season(?) While this show is much better than Heroes I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate where season 1 was gold but subsequently turned to confusing and dumb plots.
    in the spirit of patri*t week, I'd just like to say: gfy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    in the spirit of patri*t week, I'd just like to say: gfy.

Ok in that same spirit, here is wishing that a "walker" takes a grapefruit sized bite out of your pancreas.

The series is so good that I questioned how they didn't hear all those zombies shuffling through the woods. Apparently I had no problem with the fact that zombies existed in the first place....

The plots thus far have been the perfect mix of gore, tension and (human) character development.
    Yeah, I do the same thing. For example, it seems to me that once one zombie brought down a "regular guy", every other zombie would crowd around and try eating off the same body ... you wouldn't have random zombies still wandering around looking for something else to eat. (Dramatic camp scene). And I agree, no way all those zombies make their way up the hill without being heard.
    And why didn't the guy they left sitting against the tree demand to be killed? (Or agree to take the gun so he could kill himself?) He/they have to know he's gonna turn into a walker, right? Who would want to be just "left alone"?! You're not gonna die, dude!
    But all that aside, I've enjoyed the show for the most part. Seems like it might get a little too science fiction for me now that they've made their way to the CDC. We'll see ...

Ok in that same spirit, here is wishing that a "walker" takes a grapefruit sized bite out of your pancreas.
    You think the zombie would get high?

Pretty emotional last episode of the season. I love this series and I can't wait for the next one. Anyone know when it will be?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

MORE!!!

Great series, I really look forward to it on Sunday evenings. And the end of season 1 really set the stage for additional seasons. We've apparently got a long wait though. From wikipedia:

On August 31, 2010, Darabont reported that The Walking Dead had been picked up for a second season, with production to begin in February 2011. On November 8, 2010, AMC confirmed that there would be a second season consisting of 13 episodes.[3] Darabont, who wrote and directed the pilot, spoke of his plans to introduce fan favorite Michonne early on in the second season's run. He would also like to include some of the "environmental elements" that take place during Volume 2 of Kirkman's book.[15]

On December 3, 2010, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, executive producer Gale Anne Hurd commented that "It's completely inaccurate. [In] the writers' room, there are people that have set up other projects that will be their first priority if their own series is picked up as a pilot or if itís a series. I think [Eglee] just decided that he wants to run his own show." She revealed that it is likely the show will return in October 2011, as Darabont and Kirkman plan on mapping out the next season early in 2011. She also confirmed that "every one of the principal cast is signed up for multiple seasons."[18]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...28TV_series%29

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    MORE!!!

Great series, I really look forward to it on Sunday evenings. And the end of season 1 really set the stage for additional seasons. We've apparently got a long wait though. From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...28TV_series%29
    October 2011?!

All League
    WHat does the Doc whisper to Rick before they bail from the CDC? I gots to know!

Edit: I think I know
    Last edited by Jet_Engine1; 12-07-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Season Premiere Sunday at 9pm

Very excited about season 2!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Season Premiere Sunday at 9pm

Very excited about season 2!
    Yup.

Hopefully the episodes after Darabont got axed won't suck.

All League
    Is this the show about the pastey vampire who competes with a marky marky looking werewolf for the affection of a constantly brooding brunette? Its been so long I forgetzit.

All League
    Anyone else catch this last night? I wont spoil it for those who havent seen, but a little slow start, but i guess they are just laying story lines for the season.

Veteran
    Tonight's mid season finale was really intense..im new to this show, it was intense..did any of u guys see it as well?

All League
    Best episode so far. Had no idea they were going on hiatus!

Going to be intersting to see how this playes out. I thought the first couple episodes were a bit slow, but happy with this "mid-season" finale.

The Shane and Dale plot will be a good one to follow.

I hope a zombie eats the cop's skinny wife. I can't stand that nagging be-otch. This whole season has pretty much sucked compared to last season.

Too much boring, windy, dialog. Too much staying in one place endlessly searching for SOPHIA. Move the damn story along already!

Too many characters annoyingly getting in each other's business. The Asian kid nagging the pregnant chick to tell her husband?? WTF business is it of his?!? You'd think he'd have better things to do during the zombie Apocalypse than worry about this crap? Especially while trying to score with the farmer's hot daughter. How realistic is that BTW? Southside would have a better shot than that dorky Asian kid.

Now granted, I haven't seen yesterday's episode. Hopefully it's a lot better than the past few!

I'm a few episodes behind at current, but Seasin #2 has been everythign Season #1 wasn't.

Boring.

Stale.

Uninteresting.

Stagnant.

Hoping for improvement (quick).