Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This show is turning to sh-t.
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 02-20-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantle & Namath View Post
    This show is turning to sh-t.
    Hopefully the next few will be good. They promised some great episodes. Still waiting for them. This was one of my least favorite episodes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Season 1 was awesome, Season 2 has been a pretty big letdown.

I love the premise of the show (been wanting a zombie show for years) and will continue watching, but I can't believe how goddamn clueless all the characters are.

Rick is a jackass who can't come to grips with how the world has changed. He may go off on these half cocked speeches about how the world has gone to sh*t and they need to do whatever they have to do to survive, but his actions dictate otherwise.

Saving the kid on the iron fence was a big "are you f*cking kidding me?" moment for me. Yeah, you're out in the open and there are zombies surrounding you in every direction, but let's take the time to save a guy who was just shooting at us 5 minutes beforehand and is probably a lost cause anyway.

I don't know about you guys, but the day a zombie apocalypse breaks out is the day I'm throwing morals out the f*cking window. It's all about survival at that point. But these idiots are more concerned with running around and playing House with eachother.

For a show that devotes so much of it's time to character development, I still don't give a sh*t about a single character on the show.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

I love the premise of the show (been wanting a zombie show for years) and will continue watching, but I can't believe how goddamn clueless all the characters are.

Rick is a jackass who can't come to grips with how the world has changed. He may go off on these half cocked speeches about how the world has gone to sh*t and they need to do whatever they have to do to survive, but his actions dictate otherwise.

Saving the kid on the iron fence was a big "are you f*cking kidding me?" moment for me. Yeah, you're out in the open and there are zombies surrounding you in every direction, but let's take the time to save a guy who was just shooting at us 5 minutes beforehand and is probably a lost cause anyway.

I don't know about you guys, but the day a zombie apocalypse breaks out is the day I'm throwing morals out the f*cking window. It's all about survival at that point. But these idiots are more concerned with running around and playing House with eachother.

For a show that devotes so much of it's time to character development, I still don't give a sh*t about a single character on the show.
    Cosigned.

Not to mention that the majority of the acting is terrible.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Cosigned.

Not to mention that the majority of the acting is terrible.
    Everyone in the group is a f*cking buffoon.

Honestly, you'd probably stand a better chance by yourself than tagging a long with these clowns.

And here's something I've been wondering about for quite some time...why the hell are they still camping outside in tents? The world is overrun by zombies you a$$holes!

Yeah, I'm sure I'd feel totally safe sleeping in a flimsy canvas tent out in the open every night.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terrible over dramatic acting... Everyone is whiny, and annoying... Even the Asian kid who was at one time likable.

I hope they all turn into zombies...

Becoming a very bad show.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Frank Darabont leaving DESTROYED the show.

You can look past under developed characters and bad acting if the action is good and the plot has some intrigue. Season 1 had that. Slow development of characters was leading to plot reveals and there was some twist and turns at least. Also there was zombies. Zombies are nice to see on a zombie show.

Whoever took over had a bad idea. Lets take these characters that no one cares about at all and isolate them on a ****ing farm. Its gonna lead to drama between people we dont really know much about. When theres a chance they'll die people will hope they die. When Lori was in the car last night, I wanted her to get eaten. It shouldnt work like that.

One of the reasons Lost was great for a while were the flashbacks. It gave us a story behind them, connected with/ added to the plot and gave us some rooting interest. Example, Charlie couldve been thought of as a whiny character but his flashbacks showed a lot of **** he went through and made him much more likeable and sympathetic. When he died, I actually cared that a guy on a TV show was dying as opposed to just laughing like I usually would.

Darabont would have made this show a lot like the comics and added his gift for telling a great story on the screen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Hopefully the next few will be good. They promised some great episodes. Still waiting for them. This was one of my least favorite episodes.
    I feel this episode got us ready for **** to get crazy, finally everyone feels Shane is nuts, but Rick is getting there too. I wont give up on this show regardless of the acting, I think the best is coming.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was mumbling "bite her" when the road zombies tried to get Lori and was disappointed that they failed. I hated Lori even more when she (and the terminally dopey looking Dale) gave Shane crap because he lied to her that the group had come back. Yet we're supposed to overlook the fact that her kid had no idea his mother had taken off without telling anyone.

The "saving the guy on the fence" scene while a few dozen zombies were closing in simply insulted the viewer's intelligence. The writer(s) missed a golden opportunity to show that Rick and Herschel had in fact accepted how F*cked up the world had become. One of them should have coldly capped the kid in the melon to spare his agony during the imminent zombie attack but that's where their (annoying) mercy should've ended. It would've played perfectly against Shane's decision to cap Otis last season. Instead we get another wishy washy storyline that goes against the very lesson they learned the episode before.

I also rolled my eyes at the group members living in the flimsy tents during the zombie apocalypse. Lori wasnt on the road for 5 minutes when two brain eaters appeared.

Also the zombies swarmed like flies after hearing the gunshots in town but none showed up after the shooting at the farm...maybe the zombies don't want to risk getting hayfever.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 02-20-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Two questions I have....

How does the farm have electricity, and why don't the walkers ever come there?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Two questions I have....

How does the farm have electricity, and why don't the walkers ever come there?
    They mentioned multiple generators and obviously they venture on or near the farm. The well scene and the swamp are evidence of that...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before the zombie apocalypse happened they must have leased a good generator.

The Farm is a money saving device by AMC. They are trying to be cheap and save money on sets and zombies and such, hoping we will be satisfied by all the profound human relationship drama and boring introspective bloviating...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    They mentioned multiple generators and obviously they venture on or near the farm. The well scene and the swamp are evidence of that...
    They even showed Herschel filling the generator up in one episode.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I was mumbling "bite her" when the road zombies tried to get Lori and was disappointed that they failed. I hated Lori even more when she (and the terminally dopey looking Dale) gave Shane crap because he lied to her that the group had come back. Yet we're supposed to overlook the fact that her kid had no idea his mother had taken off without telling anyone.

The "saving the guy on the fence" scene while a few dozen zombies were closing in simply insulted the viewer's intelligence. The writer(s) missed a golden opportunity to show that Rick and Herschel had in fact accepted how F*cked up the world had become. One of them should have coldly capped the kid in the melon to spare his agony during the imminent zombie attack but that's where their (annoying) mercy should've ended. It would've played perfectly against Shane's decision to cap Otis last season. Instead we get another wishy washy storyline that goes against the very lesson they learned the episode before.

I also rolled my eyes at the group members living in the flimsy tents during the zombie apocalypse. Lori wasnt on the road for 5 minutes when two brain eaters appeared.

Also the zombies swarmed like flies after hearing the gunshots in town but none showed up after the shooting at the farm...maybe the zombies don't want to risk getting hayfever.
    I am not a Shane fan, but what he did with Lori was the right thing to do. He's definitely losing himself though, he's definitely wacky.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thank God everyone feels the same way. The show has done exactly what it shouldn't have: stopped showing people getting destroyed by hordes of zombies (the only good moment in the last episode was the zombies eating the dude behind the bar) and instead focused on a few characters that are impossible to like and their stupid "regular world" issues.

They should all be dead long ago by now based on their actions, and does anyone really give a crap about Lori anymore? God I wanted her to just die in the car after that ridiculous move.

And as everyone has said, the whole idea that the farm is somehow relatively secure enough from zombies to camp in tents, start fires at night, run generators etc, yet there doesn't seem to be a single shred of security whatsoever and plenty of zombies 5 minutes from the farm, is just awful.

Sht better hit the fan asap, or it just becomes another failed zombie concept, done in by pointless character development.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    They even showed Herschel filling the generator up in one episode.
    Missed that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who else cringed when Carl asked if they can name the baby Sophia?

This show is beyond terrible at this point. I will still obviously watch it, mainly to laugh at its awfulness.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Exactly. If it hadn't happened already, that was WD's shark jumping moment.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this actually a good show? I'm a little zombie'd out right now from all the Resident Evil/Land and Day and Night of the Afternoon of the Dead sequels.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Is this actually a good show? I'm a little zombie'd out right now from all the Resident Evil/Land and Day and Night of the Afternoon of the Dead sequels.
    It was great last season as the character development wasn't an annoying distraction...the hook was the relentless suspense and struggle to stay alive every moment- it was a notch above. Now there is constant whining and pontificating with occasional bursts of suspense. I don't know who else watched Heroes but its starting remind me of that, first season great and then meandering plots and needless plot tangents.