Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I still like the show, but I'd be lying if I said Season 2 has been on par with Season 1.

I just personally don't care for any of the characters at this stage. It's exactly like what Monsterxman said, I cared more for the black guy, his kid, and Rick during the first few episodes of Season 1 more than I care about the 20 or so characters in Season 2 combined. No one is likeable on this show anymore besides maybe Darryl, that's it.

Not to mention just how goddamn clueless everyone in the group seems to be. Darryl and Shane are the only two who are in full blown survival mode. Everyone else is concerned with "doing the right thing" and sticking to their moral values when there are f*cking corpses walking around and eating people.
    +1.

Darryl and Shane are the only 2 characters who get it.

Carl should be chained to a bed post for walking into the woods just for sh*ts and giggles.

_

Wow! Looks like the show is getting good again.

Hope they don't go straight back to slow boredom though.

All League
    How did Shane become a walker? Also was the esapee the walker that went after Daryl?

Great episode, I hope Rick turns into a bad mofo for good.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    How did Shane become a walker? Also was the esapee the walker that went after Daryl?

It was, I am trying to figure out how the corpses are turning into walkers without being bitter.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post

My GF seems to think that now anyone that dies irregardless of the cause will re-animate as a walker--no need to get bitten anymore.

The first 5 minutes of the show was probably the best part of the season so far.

Was nice seeing them get angry about Dale and taking it out on the walkers.

Looks like hell's a comin.

_

Veteran

from what I've been reading

On the Facebook fan page, everyone is infected and when they die, they reanimate more quickly than if you were bitten or scratched. I also read that this show is derived from a comic book. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyjetsfan View Post
    On the Facebook fan page, everyone is infected and when they die, they reanimate more quickly than if you were bitten or scratched. I also read that this show is derived from a comic book. Is that true?
    Yes and yes.

I believe that's the secret the Dr. at the CDC whispered to Rick in season 1, that everyone is infected - this season they've been finding walkers without bites - the security guards, now Randall and Shane.

And just another guess on my part, but I think it might be that everyone is affected except Rick for some reason. The Dr. at the CDC did blood tests when they got there; maybe Rick is carrying some zombie-antivirus and that's the big secret.

If true, the title The Walking Dead has more than one meaning....yes, the zombies are the walking dead, but so is everyone else... when you die, you're coming back.

Just conjecture on my part...but what a mind-**** that would be, knowing that even if you survive, and die in your sleep at 80, you may come back and try to eat your family.

All Pro
    I think everyone is infected (theyve been hinting the disease is air-born). When they die, they re-animate. The only way they dont re-animate is if they are killed with a blow to the brain or whatever.

Ive seen a lot of people saying that, and while it may be true, I don't get it at all. That would kill the entire premise of the show, knowing in the end they all turn into walkers anyway.

My theory on it is, Shane and Randall both had open wounds on this episode and both coincidentally turned after they died despite no bites, could that have something to do with it? Far more likely though, in Shane's case, the knife Rick killed him with is the same knife thats accumulated many zombie deaths on it, I gotta believe stabbing Shane with it mixed some of that genetics. Still doesn't explain Randall though (possible some pathogen getting in his body when he was bloodying himself from the handcuffs? When his leg was about to be chopped off earlier?)

All League
    Slow start, but finished strong last night!! Just by the scenes from next week, looks like they will finally be off the farm, as hundreds of walkers are on the property.

Didnt expect the Shane twist, but you knew he could not last much longer.

Jets Insider VIP
    I was pretty bored up until the end which made up for it.

Why didn't carl yell "hey dad lookout" and why is this kid never accounted for?

Also interesting/funny that his single gun shot is now the cause of hoards of Zombies considering they were freely blasting rounds and even conducted shooting practice before.

I've read all the comics. People who die come back. They have no explanation for it, as there are no doctors working on it. They added the cdc episode to give some info but the comics ignore that and just have you assume something happened and now anyone who dies comes back regardless of the way you die. SO anyone they bury is buried alive. It's really just the tale of Rick Grimes and that's it. They actually have Carl kill shane in the comics and very early in them as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

Why didn't carl yell "hey dad lookout"
    It's the age old TV/movie cliche where the person with the gun shoots past the person with his/her back to the threat, killing the threat like it's one big surprise.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    It's the age old TV/movie cliche where the person with the gun shoots past the person with his/her back to the threat, killing the threat like it's one big surprise.

_
    I guess he wanted to be all badass and atone for his womanly attempt at throwing rocks at the walker in the mud the week before.

Seriously, what kinda panzy ass bs was that? The kid should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

_
    +1 and it's fail.

I'm dying for a show where the people.....actually act like people.

The entire broadcast history of LOST would have been 5 episodes long.....if the poeple actually shared whet they knew/thought/wanted with each other.

Walking Dead is very bad on this too, far too much cliche, far too little "people acting like real people".

The comics are about Rick and Carl. That's it. Everyone else is expendable. and I mean everyone, nothing is held back. Wait till next season when the introduce the Governor. Then it will get exciting.

From the Comic:

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I guess he wanted to be all badass and atone for his womanly attempt at throwing rocks at the walker in the mud the week before.

Seriously, what kinda panzy ass bs was that? The kid should be ashamed.
    Shane was right.

He's weak.

Or IS he...?

_

Veteran
    AM I the only one who still likes this show? 2 major characters get killed in the last two weeks and the intensity factor throughout was great, you never knew if something was going to happen type tension, Shane finally losing it ...This show kicks ass, it has it all, drama, horror, suspense...Boring last night???? It started off with zombie killing action..Deryl and glenn going CSI in the woods and figuring out that shane musta killed randall ..

Jets Insider VIP
    Last nights episode was awesome! Arguably the best of the entire series so far.

It's about damn time that the show picked up some steam.

But if Rick resorts back to being the "good guy" with upstanding moral values after killing Shane, then his character is incredibly flawed on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Last nights episode was awesome! Arguably the best of the entire series so far.

It's about damn time that the show picked up some steam.

But if Rick resorts back to being the "good guy" with upstanding moral values after killing Shane, then his character is incredibly flawed on this show.
    Is that necessarily a bad thing?