Thread: Chris Ponder will be the best QB of this bunch...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Ponder will be the best QB of this bunch...

very smart, accurate and he's one tough SOB, like him better than Luck, Mallett and the kid from Washington.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luck is by far the best, but I do like Ponder over Mallett and even with Locker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ponder has moxie, he looks like an NFL QB, not one of these college prima donnas, he takes very hard coaching and doesn't flinch, I've seen Jimbo really lay into him and he responds well every time, he doesn't make too many knucklehead mistakes though and is not afraid to stand in there and make the big throw.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is gonna be one of those years with more than just 1 or 2 QB prospects. This could be like Donovan's year or Marino's year... not to say there's an all-pro in this crop but there could be 4 first round QB depending on who declares.

Ponder has his MBA already, ya know some crusty GM loves that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, the best of them is going to buffalo so i hope none is very good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been really disappointed with Ponder's senior year.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    I've been really disappointed with Ponder's senior year.
    agreed....he's a game manager, and nothing more....he's smallish, but is not great rolling outside the pocket then throwing on the move.. he has had injury problems and his arm is average...at this point he's a lesser Chad Pennington...

and to compare the pending 2011 QB draft to 1983 is a complete joke...

Elway/Kelly/O'Brien/Marino are head and shoulders at equal points in their college careers compared to Locker/Mallett/Ponder with the later three being nothing better than average-to-disappointing this season....the only guy that you may be able to slot in their is Luck, and as much as i like Luck his resume' does not match the '83 class moving toward the draft...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 10-16-2010 at 03:06 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    IDk if he's playing with a bum shoulder, but it looks like he's even lost arm strength...

Against BC, everything he threw outside the hash marks floated...And if he's just a game manager, he better start making better decisions with the football.

I don't think I would take Ponder first down now based on the way he's played so far.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not the same this year, he's playing hurt, but to compare his arm to Pennignton is a joke. We'll see, I still think this kid has legit NFL starting QB characteristics.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    agreed....he's a game manager, and nothing more....he's smallish, but is not great rolling outside the pocket then throwing on the move.. he has had injury problems and his arm is average...at this point he's a lesser Chad Pennington...

and to compare the pending 2011 QB draft to 1983 is a complete joke...

Elway/Kelly/O'Brien/Marino are head and shoulders at equal points in their college careers compared to Locker/Mallett/Ponder with the later three being nothing better than average-to-disappointing this season....the only guy that you may be able to slot in their is Luck, and as much as i like Luck his resume' does not match the '83 class moving toward the draft...

I agree, I don't see a Marino or an Elway in this bunch. But still think Ponder and Luck are legit NFL prospects. I don;t like the way Mallett comes across in interviews.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    IDk if he's playing with a bum shoulder, but it looks like he's even lost arm strength...

Against BC, everything he threw outside the hash marks floated...And if he's just a game manager, he better start making better decisions with the football.

I don't think I would take Ponder first down now based on the way he's played so far.

Yeah, he's definitely hurt, it might be a good thing for a team to steal him in the 3rd or 4th round if he slips. I would grab him as a backup in a heartbeat and get rid of KC. Then again, he has no one to throw to this year, Easterling, Haulsted and Reed are not exactly world beaters. Loaing Fortson didn't help. The Noles are running it a lot more this year their trio of running backs, plus Lonnie Pryor at FB is probably the deepest in the country.
    Last edited by Slikmojet; 10-16-2010 at 04:43 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Yeah, he's definitely hurt, it might be a good thing for a team to steal him in the 3rd or 4th round if he slips. I would grab him as a backup in a heartbeat and get rid of KC. Then again, he has no one to throw to this year, Easterling, Haulsted and Reed are not exactly world beaters. Loaing Fortson didn't help. The Noles are running it a lot more this year their trio of running backs, plus Lonnie Pryor at FB is probably the deepest in the country.
    I actually think FSU has very solid talent at WR.

But that just could be because I'm a UF fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He's not the same this year, he's playing hurt, but to compare his arm to Pennignton is a joke. We'll see, I still think this kid has legit NFL starting QB characteristics.
    lol...why?? Pennington did not have legit starting charateristics???

Ponder's arm is adequate on a good day- so was Pennington's...the main difference is Ponder has a six year head start on shoulder injuries...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christian Ponder looked like he was on the take against BC. or drunk.

He basically did just enough to not lose the game but was awful. Throwing picks etc. Locker had a better saturday and I think he's the better senior QB.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Christian Ponder looked like he was on the take against BC. or drunk.

He basically did just enough to not lose the game but was awful. Throwing picks etc. Locker had a better saturday and I think he's the better senior QB.
    I go to FSU, he broke something in his elbow and played through the injury. He is not as good as he was last year and I dont think he has the talent to be an NFL starter

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    I go to FSU, he broke something in his elbow and played through the injury. He is not as good as he was last year and I dont think he has the talent to be an NFL starter

The bursa sack, but I disagree, this kid can play.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bursa sack, but I disagree, this kid can play.
    If he played the way he did last year then he could of been a 1st round talent. As long as he keeps winning and beats UF then he's great in my book.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to play with a busted elbow, but the kid has guts and I tell you what he looks to throw but he can tuck it and run and pick up tough yards, he's no Michael Vick, but he has a nice set of wheels.