Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Delaware Debate (on CNN)

JetsInsider.com Legend

The Delaware Debate (on CNN)

Odd that a race like this gets Nationally Televised.

Did anyone watch it?

What did you come away with after doing so?

And why do you think CNN broadcast this one small-state race, where one candidate is 15+ points behind in the polling, as opposed to other, more "vital" or contested races?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Odd that a race like this gets Nationally Televised.

Did anyone watch it?

What did you come away with after doing so?

And why do you think CNN broadcast this one small-state race, where one candidate is 15+ points behind in the polling, as opposed to other, more "vital" or contested races?
    I saw some of it. The questioners seemed antagonistic toward Ms. O'Donnell. Interupting her answers, asking follow-ups with anger in their voices.

Hall Of Fame
    They memorized their talking points rather well. And I came away with the overall feeling that no matter what happens, we're all pretty much f*cked.

All Pro

C'mon WF-this is easy

Every state has 2 Senators so all Senate seats are crucial and are weighted equally vote-wise - all are vital in that respect, even if any newcomer not named Hillary usually has to take a back seat on some committee

However this particular slot is the "Biden" seat - full of history and "gravitas"

Furthermore the (R) challenger is a TPer

Calypso facto 'n QED CNN's motivation is to:

a) Expose/Embarrass the TPer as a novice, unfit, etc. like any (D) house organ would

b) After diminishing her project her as emblematic of all TP candidates if not all (R)

The Palin playbook they didn't use on B. Hussein Carter

It's all about (D) maintaining power

Otherwise this is C-SPAN fodder
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 10-14-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Every state has 2 Senators so all Senate seats are crucial and are weighted equally vote-wise - all are vital in that respect, even if any newcomer not named Hillary usually has to take a back seat on some committee

However this particular slot is the "Biden" seat - full of history and "gravitas"

a) Expose/Embarrass the TPer as a novice, unfit, etc. like any (D) house organ would

b) After diminishing her project her as emblematic of all TP candidates if not all (R)

Doubt it matters much.

No one watches the lamestream media. That's why FOX kicks their a** in ratings every night

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

you nailed it: the attack dogs help the Dems

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    you nailed it: the attack dogs help the Dems
    Not everyone agrees with you.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/...hancetocatchup

JetsInsider.com Legend
    CNN is entertainment, not news. Having the witch on a debate is passable entertainment for politics junkies.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    CNN is entertainment, not news. Having the witch on a debate is passable entertainment for politics junkies.
    I've heard the term "witch" used about her a number of times, but not the reason why.

Care to enlighten me Bit?

Hall Of Fame
    I've heard the term "witch" used about her a number of times, but not the reason why.

Care to enlighten me Bit?
    She told Bill Maher on Politically Incorrect years ago that she "dabbled" in witchcraft. It is kinda lame to use it against her IMO.

I wanna give that chick a spanking.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    She told Bill Maher on Politically Incorrect years ago that she "dabbled" in witchcraft. It is kinda lame to use it against her IMO.

I wanna give that chick a spanking.
    Is that like the comment (also on Maher) that she once said masturbation was wrong? A stance, one must admit, that is consistent with her faith after all.

/shrug. I found mention of the story on wiki, sounds like she dated a wanna-be back in High School. Are we labeling people as "X" for who they dated in High School now?

I guess I'm still wondering why Bit would call her a witch, assuming he knows the story.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

I guess I'm still wondering why Bit would call her a witch, assuming he knows the story.
    She dabbled in witchcraft when she was 19 so the left calls her a witch.

Strangely, I don't recall them calling Robert Byrd a klansman based on his past........

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    She dabbled in witchcraft when she was 19 so the left calls her a witch.

Strangely, I don't recall them calling Robert Byrd a klansman based on his past........
    Was she exonerated about using election money to pay her rent?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    odonnell herself has an ad where she goes on the air and says "im not a witch... im you"

http://theweek.com/article/index/207...im-not-a-witch

snl had a parody of it that was pretty funny

http://theweek.com/article/index/208...d-the-reaction

"and just like you i have to constantly deny Im a witch. Isn't that what the people of delaware deserve?"

here's the original clip of her dabbling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nECxQUi_pr0
    Last edited by bitonti; 10-15-2010 at 12:41 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    /shrug

Just not seeing the legitimacy of the namecalling, beyond being a rather silly attack.

I guess no matter what, I will always be dissapointed at the quality folks who jump right on the "call folks nasty names" bandwagon.

I don't know Bit, are you everything all the women you dated in High School are? Maybe you are....let me ask, if I called your mother a "whore", because she had a boyfriend in High School, is that legit? What if she hung around a pot smoker, can I call your mom a "Druggie Whore"?

You tell me.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

did not watch the o'donnell debate but did watch much of sharron angle wax harry reid last night and expose him for the bumbling moron he is...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

having a self admitted bearded marxist run for a senate seat is manna from heaven for left-wingers...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Was she exonerated about using election money to pay her rent?
    Charlie Rangel has mastered that topic no?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    let me ask, if I called your mother a "whore", because she had a boyfriend in High School, is that legit? What if she hung around a pot smoker, can I call your mom a "Druggie Whore"?

You tell me.
    if my mom was on a network TV show and said "I dabbled in Whore-dom" and them ran for senate and had a commercial "Im not a whore" I think it's reasonable that one could make some dispersions of her character.

Did you watch the original clip? or are you just shrugging for shrug sake?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    if my mom was on a network TV show and said "I dabbled in Whore-dom" and them ran for senate and had a commercial "Im not a whore" I think it's reasonable that one could make some dispersions of her character.

Did you watch the original clip? or are you just shrugging for shrug sake?
    I'm shrugging because it seems a stretch to label someone a "Witch" of rhaving had a (probably Wiccan, or even more probably a "lolemowitchcraft!") boyfriend for a short spell in High School.

I don't know Bit.