Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 100

Thread: The Delaware Debate (on CNN)

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062

    The Delaware Debate (on CNN)

    Odd that a race like this gets Nationally Televised.

    Did anyone watch it?

    What did you come away with after doing so?

    And why do you think CNN broadcast this one small-state race, where one candidate is 15+ points behind in the polling, as opposed to other, more "vital" or contested races?

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island & Section 337
    Posts
    4,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Odd that a race like this gets Nationally Televised.

    Did anyone watch it?

    What did you come away with after doing so?

    And why do you think CNN broadcast this one small-state race, where one candidate is 15+ points behind in the polling, as opposed to other, more "vital" or contested races?
    I saw some of it. The questioners seemed antagonistic toward Ms. O'Donnell. Interupting her answers, asking follow-ups with anger in their voices.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    They memorized their talking points rather well. And I came away with the overall feeling that no matter what happens, we're all pretty much f*cked.


  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,763

    C'mon WF-this is easy

    Every state has 2 Senators so all Senate seats are crucial and are weighted equally vote-wise - all are vital in that respect, even if any newcomer not named Hillary usually has to take a back seat on some committee

    However this particular slot is the "Biden" seat - full of history and "gravitas"

    Furthermore the (R) challenger is a TPer

    Calypso facto 'n QED CNN's motivation is to:

    a) Expose/Embarrass the TPer as a novice, unfit, etc. like any (D) house organ would

    b) After diminishing her project her as emblematic of all TP candidates if not all (R)

    The Palin playbook they didn't use on B. Hussein Carter

    It's all about (D) maintaining power

    Otherwise this is C-SPAN fodder
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 10-14-2010 at 10:31 AM.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Every state has 2 Senators so all Senate seats are crucial and are weighted equally vote-wise - all are vital in that respect, even if any newcomer not named Hillary usually has to take a back seat on some committee

    However this particular slot is the "Biden" seat - full of history and "gravitas"

    Furthermore the (R) challenger is a TPer

    Calypso facto 'n QED CNN's motivation is to:

    a) Expose/Embarrass the TPer as a novice, unfit, etc. like any (D) house organ would

    b) After diminishing her project her as emblematic of all TP candidates if not all (R)

    The Palin playbook they didn't use on B. Hussein Carter

    It's all about (D) maintaining power

    Otherwise this is C-SPAN fodder
    Doubt it matters much.

    No one watches the lamestream media. That's why FOX kicks their a** in ratings every night

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Every state has 2 Senators so all Senate seats are crucial and are weighted equally vote-wise - all are vital in that respect, even if any newcomer not named Hillary usually has to take a back seat on some committee

    However this particular slot is the "Biden" seat - full of history and "gravitas"

    Furthermore the (R) challenger is a TPer

    Calypso facto 'n QED CNN's motivation is to:

    a) Expose/Embarrass the TPer as a novice, unfit, etc. like any (D) house organ would

    b) After diminishing her project her as emblematic of all TP candidates if not all (R)

    The Palin playbook they didn't use on B. Hussein Carter

    It's all about (D) maintaining power

    Otherwise this is C-SPAN fodder
    you nailed it: the attack dogs help the Dems

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    you nailed it: the attack dogs help the Dems
    Not everyone agrees with you.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/...hancetocatchup

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    CNN is entertainment, not news. Having the witch on a debate is passable entertainment for politics junkies.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    CNN is entertainment, not news. Having the witch on a debate is passable entertainment for politics junkies.
    I've heard the term "witch" used about her a number of times, but not the reason why.

    Care to enlighten me Bit?

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I've heard the term "witch" used about her a number of times, but not the reason why.

    Care to enlighten me Bit?
    She told Bill Maher on Politically Incorrect years ago that she "dabbled" in witchcraft. It is kinda lame to use it against her IMO.

    I wanna give that chick a spanking.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    She told Bill Maher on Politically Incorrect years ago that she "dabbled" in witchcraft. It is kinda lame to use it against her IMO.

    I wanna give that chick a spanking.
    Is that like the comment (also on Maher) that she once said masturbation was wrong? A stance, one must admit, that is consistent with her faith after all.

    /shrug. I found mention of the story on wiki, sounds like she dated a wanna-be back in High School. Are we labeling people as "X" for who they dated in High School now?

    I guess I'm still wondering why Bit would call her a witch, assuming he knows the story.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

    I guess I'm still wondering why Bit would call her a witch, assuming he knows the story.
    She dabbled in witchcraft when she was 19 so the left calls her a witch.

    Strangely, I don't recall them calling Robert Byrd a klansman based on his past........

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    She dabbled in witchcraft when she was 19 so the left calls her a witch.

    Strangely, I don't recall them calling Robert Byrd a klansman based on his past........
    Was she exonerated about using election money to pay her rent?

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    odonnell herself has an ad where she goes on the air and says "im not a witch... im you"

    http://theweek.com/article/index/207...im-not-a-witch

    snl had a parody of it that was pretty funny

    http://theweek.com/article/index/208...d-the-reaction

    "and just like you i have to constantly deny Im a witch. Isn't that what the people of delaware deserve?"

    here's the original clip of her dabbling

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nECxQUi_pr0
    Last edited by bitonti; 10-15-2010 at 12:41 PM.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    /shrug

    Just not seeing the legitimacy of the namecalling, beyond being a rather silly attack.

    I guess no matter what, I will always be dissapointed at the quality folks who jump right on the "call folks nasty names" bandwagon.

    I don't know Bit, are you everything all the women you dated in High School are? Maybe you are....let me ask, if I called your mother a "whore", because she had a boyfriend in High School, is that legit? What if she hung around a pot smoker, can I call your mom a "Druggie Whore"?

    You tell me.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    did not watch the o'donnell debate but did watch much of sharron angle wax harry reid last night and expose him for the bumbling moron he is...

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    CNN is entertainment, not news. Having the witch on a debate is passable entertainment for politics junkies.
    having a self admitted bearded marxist run for a senate seat is manna from heaven for left-wingers...

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    19,179
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Was she exonerated about using election money to pay her rent?
    Charlie Rangel has mastered that topic no?

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    let me ask, if I called your mother a "whore", because she had a boyfriend in High School, is that legit? What if she hung around a pot smoker, can I call your mom a "Druggie Whore"?

    You tell me.
    if my mom was on a network TV show and said "I dabbled in Whore-dom" and them ran for senate and had a commercial "Im not a whore" I think it's reasonable that one could make some dispersions of her character.

    Did you watch the original clip? or are you just shrugging for shrug sake?

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    if my mom was on a network TV show and said "I dabbled in Whore-dom" and them ran for senate and had a commercial "Im not a whore" I think it's reasonable that one could make some dispersions of her character.

    Did you watch the original clip? or are you just shrugging for shrug sake?
    I'm shrugging because it seems a stretch to label someone a "Witch" of rhaving had a (probably Wiccan, or even more probably a "lolemowitchcraft!") boyfriend for a short spell in High School.

    I don't know Bit.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us