Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants/Lions Cablevision issue?

Giants/Lions Cablevision issue?

as of right now anyway.

and just for cablevision customers.

We regret to inform you that News Corp, in an act of corporate greed, has pulled Fox 5 and My9 from your Cablevision channel lineup. This is an unfortunate attempt to extort unreasonable and unfair fee increases from Cablevision and our customers.

News Corp is demanding more for Fox 5 than we pay for every other broadcast channel. In fact, they want more for Fox 5 than we pay CBS, NBC, ABC and Univision combined and are asking for more than $150 million a year. Thatís an $80 million increase for the exact same programming! In these tough economic times, an increase of these vast proportions is irresponsible and unfair.

We have made numerous fair and reasonable proposals to News Corp and they have refused every one. And now, News Corp has pulled the plug on Fox 5 AND My9. This was News Corpís decision, not ours. We want to keep these channels on the air while we negotiate a fair agreement.

As a result of News Corpís refusal to negotiate, Cablevision is willing to accept binding arbitration to resolve this matter fairly. We are confident that an independent third party will agree that what we are offering to pay News Corp is fair. We call on News Corp to accept binding arbitration, and return Fox 5 and My9 to the air until an agreement is reached.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by News Corpís actions, and we ask for your help. Call 1-877-NO-TV-TAX (1-877-668-8829) or visit www.cablevision.com/fox and tell News Corp to put Fox 5 and My9 back on the air, and to keep you out of the negotiations.

Thank you for your patience, your patronage and your support.

good question now is, will we get another game on cbs?

yes, I know I said I wouldn`t post here anymore but I thought this may be of interest to football fans here. Sorry about the post. Just an fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by 18F View Post
    yes, I know I said I wouldn`t post here anymore but I thought this may be of interest to football fans here. Sorry about the post. Just an fyi.

why won't you post here anymore?

Bust out the antennas!

inquiring minds got to know

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    why won't you post here anymore?
    I was asked not to. http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=70

and??

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

lol, dude, you don't have to stop posting here, all opinions are valid and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    lol, dude, you don't have to stop posting here, all opinions are valid and welcome
    obviously they aren`t welcomed regardless of validity.

Hall Of Fame
    I think that was meant facetiously.

Kind of like, while everyone has an opinion, if your opinion is really really really stupid, maybe don't post it.

Grow a nutsack and keep posting

-

alright, maybe you should stop posting.

Toughen up kiddo.

[QUOTE=18F;3781567]I was asked not to. [url]

suspending revis over a speeding ticket, I see where they're coming from on this one.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3781584]
    I was asked not to. [url]

suspending revis over a speeding ticket, I see where they're coming from on this one.
    Sanchez over-cooked some pasta thursday night, was all mooshad.

Sit him for 2 offensive series.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Dude what's up with that signature video???

That's of rather bad taste.

I don`t like Revis. I didn`t even want him back. He isn`t playing anyway, or at least not up to his "best ever" status he thinks he is. 81 in a 40 is not just speeding imo. He should be suspended since he isn`t 100% anyway, plus a nice fine(maybe $41 million)would be good too. They should`ve let him sit for the next 3 years and honor the original contract he held out for. Now he`s just a gimpy average db with more $ than he deserved IMHO.

but to go back on topic, will we cablevision customers get a second game on cbs now since the Giants won`t be aired locally?

[QUOTE=18F;3781589]
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    I don`t like Revis. I didn`t even want him back. He isn`t playing anyway, or at least not up to his "best ever" status he thinks he is. 81 in a 40 is not just speeding imo. He should be suspended since he isn`t 100% anyway, plus a nice fine(maybe $41 million)would be good too. They should`ve let him sit for the next 3 years and honor the original contract he held out for. Now he`s just a gimpy average db with more $ than he deserved IMHO.

but to go back on topic, will we cablevision customers get a second game on cbs now since the Giants won`t be aired locally?
    Doubt it. After all, Time Warner still has the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Aaaaannnddd this is why you were asked to stop posting.

You made your point--as really really really stupid as many thought it was. Let it go.

_

The game will still be on your local Fox affiliate.

Hall Of Fame
    I think the bigger question is: "Who gives a f***?"

Go post this crap on a Giants forum. Maybe they'll give a sh*t.