Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official '10 - '11 New York Knicks Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    +1

And when your offense is hoisting 3s all game....

The Mike D'Antoni countdown should be ticking.
    I see this same damn pattern from my varsity teams and I freaking hate it. Tallest SOB in the team trying to shoot 3's! Get the fuk down in the paint sissies, *****eees.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    He looks like a genius when they're hitting...

But since it only happens once every two weeks, the scheme should be reconsidered...
    And its only going to happen once every two weeks by the law of averages alone. It's a terrible offensive philosophy and when you couple it with a lack of defense emphasis it's terrible! It obvious they miss Turiaf!

What happened to all the passing and finding the open man for 15-18 footers or guys cutting to the basket that we saw the 1st week of the season?

He should be on these guys asses DURING the game to do that. But he allows these guys to hoist 3 pointers with 15 seconds on the shot clock...

Make that five losses in a row. I wonder how long it is before the "Fire D'Antoni" chants start at the Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Make that five losses in a row. I wonder how long it is before the "Fire D'Antoni" chants start at the Garden.
    Not soon enough...My only fear is Jimmie Dolan will run back to Isiah...If he were to do that, I'm done as a Knicks fan...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 82nd Airborne View Post
    Man, WTF is wrong with the Knicks? Listen, I am above and beyond fan for these people, more than a Jets fan, my # 1 Knicks. I am sick and tired of seen them get blown by sorry M****ers like the Wolves, wake the fuk up!
    I'm not into the NBA very much these days. But I've been a Knicks fan for a long time and was AT the Garden the night Willis hobbled out onto the floor from the tunnel...but that had to be THE worst Knicks loss I have ever witnessed. And I do blame D'Antoni. He was completely outcoached. Terrible match-ups. Terrible adjustments. No accountability on that team.

Knicks finally end the losing streak tonight in Sacramento.

Knicks finally end the losing streak tonight in Sacramento.
    Nice to see some life. Gallo with a very solid game...

Knicks are cursed.

The best case scenario is the Knicks play better rest of the season and James "The Moron" Dolan doesn't panic, fire Walsh and rehire Isiah as GM. After this season Carmelo signs with us and Chris Paul follows in 2012.

Worst case scenario: Dolan panics, fires Walsh and makes Isiah the GM again. Isiah goes out and puts this team back into cap hell by trading bad contracts like Ben Gordon and Drew Gooden.

Please Dolan - stop being a f*cking idiot.

Will Action Get a Chance?

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/11...-get-a-chance/

by Tommy Dee

We’ve written about the Mike D’Antoni situation several times over the past few days and without question, last night’s win plus a Friday meeting with the David Lee-less Warriors may get the Knicks out on a string of wins that would bring security for the coach, at least for a little while.

We are talking about the Kings and the Warriors after all, and they play similar systems so these are the type of real live scrimmages that allow the Knicks to get further comfortable in the system.

Danilo Gallinari had a great game of drawing fouls from behind the arc, and even making a few threes. He was active all night and took it upon himself to go at Casspi as if he were engaged in some battle of Euro dominance.

Speaking of Gallinari, and this is in all seriousness. Take a look at the players taken from 7-14 in that 2008 draft and tell me, which one of them is contributing to Ws for their team. Who of all those players is leading their team to wins? Bayless plays 10 mpg in New Orleans, Joe Alexander is out of basketball for now, the Nets, Bobcats and Clippers have 9 combined wins.

Let’s see if Gallo gets on a roll.

Should the Knicks continue to flop logic would dictate (and through a few conversations) that Mark Jackson would be right atop the list in terms of a replacement.

Fans have been clamoring for the throwback Knicks and it makes sense. I asked a source within a Western Conference team if players have any reservations of a coach who lacks coaching experience and he said, “If you know the game, you can coach the game. You have to be tough in New York. Doc Rivers did it, there’s no reason Mark can’t.”

Mark also had a great relationship with Donnie Walsh in Indiana as a player.

D’Antoni was the right hire at the time based on the plan, and if the team continues to struggle, and while Walsh continue to recover, things sound a little calmer at the moment.

I think Jackson’s time spent analyzing the game helps, and the fact that he was a showman who won’t be shaken by the job. If you surround him with the right people in terms of experience then he’ll be fine i believe. I just hope he would have the ability to teach defense better than he played it (Riley traded him because of it), although no one can argue how much the man got out of his body and how many doubters he proved wrong.

He’s a New Yorker.

Obviously, a big hinderence to letting D’Antoni go would be the idea of having to interview and choose between Jackson and Patrick Ewing whose name would be in the mix as well. But there’s only room for one at the top and from a coaching standpoint Ewing has more bench experience. I think Ewing could be a good fit, but where are the Knicks going to get a back-to-the-basket post player for him to groom. In fact, one has to imagine Jax would want some post play too. This roster has no post players.

This, however all becomes moot if the Knicks play like they did last night. Beat a beatable team on the road and win home games.
    I'm done with D'Antoni, no one is more incompetent at drawing up at plays down the stretch. It's also pretty clear that he's losing the locker room.

Mark Jackson will be the 'Rex Ryan' of basketball (just needs that shot).

Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/11...-get-a-chance/

I'm done with D'Antoni, no one is more incompetent at drawing up at plays down the stretch. It's also pretty clear that he's losing the locker room.

Mark Jackson will be the 'Rex Ryan' of basketball (just needs that shot).
    I agree. If anyone should be fired it's clearly D'Antoni.

Teams have found a pretty simple formula for beating the Knicks: go into a zone on defense, let Amare get his 25 pts per game he'll also turn the ball over 6-8 times - Douglas and Gallo won't hit enough shots from the field to hurt us and then on offense just pass it to the wide open guy in the paint for the easy layup.

What does D'Antoni do to counter this? Nothing. Same ol' bullsh*t plays, same ol' let Gallo and Douglas chuck it up all day or just give the ball down low to Amare who will turn it over because you can't dribble in the zone.

The Knicks are clearly better than the Golden State Warriors, Minnesota Timberwolves and Philadelphia 76ers of the NBA. They are much more talented than this. D'Antoni sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    I agree. If anyone should be fired it's clearly D'Antoni.

Teams have found a pretty simple formula for beating the Knicks: go into a zone on defense, let Amare get his 25 pts per game he'll also turn the ball over 6-8 times - Douglas and Gallo won't hit enough shots from the field to hurt us and then on offense just pass it to the wide open guy in the paint for the easy layup.

What does D'Antoni do to counter this? Nothing. Same ol' bullsh*t plays, same ol' let Gallo and Douglas chuck it up all day or just give the ball down low to Amare who will turn it over because you can't dribble in the zone.

The Knicks are clearly better than the Golden State Warriors, Minnesota Timberwolves and Philadelphia 76ers of the NBA. They are much more talented than this. D'Antoni sucks.
    we're back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    we're back!!!

Young season buddy and not everyone can be a pretend college scout, fox news contributor like you. Some of us are actually real fans.

Knicks looked really good in the first half against Golden State. Hopefully they can come out with more of the same in the second...

Knicks hold on to pull out the win. This game was similar to when the Warriors came to the Garden a week and a half ago, except with the roles reversed. Felton had a monster game tonight and Gallinari came up with some big time shots in the last few minutes. Knicks head to the Staples Center tomorrow night to take on the 1 win Clippers. They need to take care of business and make it three in a row before they head home. 3-8 with 3 games left on the road trip can suddenly look a whole lot better with a win tomorrow night, which would improve them to 6-8.

Knicks starting to actually look like a team. Gallo showing improvement and it's obvious that he's been hitting the gym. Keep it up, Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    Knicks starting to actually look like a team. Gallo showing improvement and it's obvious that he's been hitting the gym. Keep it up, Knicks.
    Didn't get to catch the game last night, but was very pleased to see that they took care of business on the road against the team that they should be beat. Nice little three game win streak and I'm looking forward to see them Tuesday night back at the Garden vs. Charlotte.

Didn't get to catch the game last night, but was very pleased to see that they took care of business on the road against the team that they should be beat. Nice little three game win streak and I'm looking forward to see them Tuesday night back at the Garden vs. Charlotte.
    Knicks never win on the west coast so it's nice seeing them actually win games on the road out there. They've bounced back and are playing much better. Am going to the game tonight versus the Bobcats.

Good first half, taking an 11 point lead into the locker room. They're doing good things on offense.

Make it 4 in a row, holding on to beat Charlotte tonight. 2nd leg of the home and home tomorrow night down in Charlotte. I'm enjoying watching them these last 4 games. These winning streaks have been a rare occurrence this last decade. Certainly didn't expect this when they were sitting at 3-8 on a 6 game losing streak.

Make it 4 in a row, holding on to beat Charlotte tonight. 2nd leg of the home and home tomorrow night down in Charlotte. I'm enjoying watching them these last 4 games. These winning streaks have been a rare occurrence this last decade. Certainly didn't expect this when they were sitting at 3-8 on a 6 game losing streak.

+1

Turiaf means so much to them..I had no idea he was such a good player before he came over in the trade.