Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: The Sunday Morning Lol-Politics Moment

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062

    The Sunday Morning Lol-Politics Moment

    On one of the Sunday Morning talk shows, their argument:

    Obama has done everything right except one.

    The one thing Obama didn't do was brag about how great his policies was, and the reason (they gave) was that "he just doesn't have a big ego, he doesn't know how to talk about what he's done, he doesn;t know how to play partisan politics".

    And of course, the reason the American people don;t know that everything Obama has done was the right thing to do......you guessed it, FOXNews.

    Lol, Sunday.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    On one of the Sunday Morning talk shows, their argument:

    Obama has done everything right except one.

    The one thing Obama didn't do was brag about how great his policies was, and the reason (they gave) was that "he just doesn't have a big ego, he doesn't know how to talk about what he's done, he doesn;t know how to play partisan politics".

    And of course, the reason the American people don;t know that everything Obama has done was the right thing to do......you guessed it, FOXNews.

    Lol, Sunday.
    Narcissist never do.

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    how many people know that the stimulus actually cut everyone's taxes?

    that taxes are lower now than they were under Bush?

    it's true he's not promoting the things he's done properly.

    but in the end I dont think it matters, cause right now there's a very vocal minority that hates everything the guy does...

    cause on election day we will see the same democratic trends we saw in 2006. the country didn't get more conservative. The conservatives just got louder.

    inside of the halls of Washington he's a struggling President on the brink of failure. blah blah blah but the truth for most people he's a decent guy with a 46% approval rating.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island & Section 337
    Posts
    4,859
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    how many people know that the stimulus actually cut everyone's taxes?

    that taxes are lower now than they were under Bush?

    it's true he's not promoting the things he's done properly.

    but in the end I dont think it matters, cause right now there's a very vocal minority that hates everything the guy does...

    cause on election day we will see the same democratic trends we saw in 2006. the country didn't get more conservative. The conservatives just got louder.

    inside of the halls of Washington he's a struggling President on the brink of failure. blah blah blah but the truth for most people he's a decent guy with a 46% approval rating.
    Those 46% sounds similar to the 48% without any federal tax liability. Coincidence????

  5. #5
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    how many people know that the stimulus actually cut everyone's taxes?

    that taxes are lower now than they were under Bush?
    That is an absolute, steaming crock of lie. This past April 15th, for the first time ever, I was required to send a check for more than $5,700.00 to the IRS when filing my taxes. This, after always receiving a modest refund check. My job/salary from the year before was the same. Ditto for my wife. Ditto for our exemptions. And no, we don't fall under Obama's ridiculous definition of "rich."

    The one and only difference between years past and 2009? An Obama presidency, and a democrat congress. According to my tax accountant, 2010 promises to be even worse.

    So explain again how the stimulus cut my taxes, bit.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    Those 46% sounds similar to the 48% without any federal tax liability. Coincidence????
    it's down to 41% from gallup with the majority dissaproving of his failed policies...

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Ga...-Approval.aspx

    as far as zero yelling about his "achievements", his own party is abandoning him...

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=219234

    but hey, its' a "vocal minority" that's responsible for bringing down this "decent guy"- not the fact he's a demagogue that's turned a deaf ear to the citizens of the nation...lmao
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 10-24-2010 at 02:25 PM.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    how many people know that the stimulus actually cut everyone's taxes?

    that taxes are lower now than they were under Bush?

    it's true he's not promoting the things he's done properly.
    Prove it.

    I can show you my Paystubs. My taxes, nope, nope less.

    but in the end I dont think it matters, cause right now there's a very vocal minority that hates everything the guy does...
    Liberal Talking Point #1: Anything bad, assume racist hate of everything Obama.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    how many people know that the stimulus actually cut everyone's taxes?

    that taxes are lower now than they were under Bush?

    it's true he's not promoting the things he's done properly.

    but in the end I dont think it matters, cause right now there's a very vocal minority that hates everything the guy does...

    cause on election day we will see the same democratic trends we saw in 2006. the country didn't get more conservative. The conservatives just got louder.

    inside of the halls of Washington he's a struggling President on the brink of failure. blah blah blah but the truth for most people he's a decent guy with a 46% approval rating.
    On a wild guess, You DON'T use tanning beds, or smoke, etc.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    cause on election day we will see the same democratic trends we saw in 2006. the country didn't get more conservative. The conservatives just got louder.
    more laughs

    40% of Americans Conservative - #1 bloc and that was LAST year

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/123854/co...cal-group.aspx

    and now this is how the VOTE is shaking out

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/143468/li...servative.aspx

    a struggling President on the brink of failure?
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 10-24-2010 at 03:46 PM.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    That is an absolute, steaming crock of lie. This past April 15th, for the first time ever, I was required to send a check for more than $5,700.00 to the IRS when filing my taxes. This, after always receiving a modest refund check. My job/salary from the year before was the same. Ditto for my wife. Ditto for our exemptions. And no, we don't fall under Obama's ridiculous definition of "rich."

    The one and only difference between years past and 2009? An Obama presidency, and a democrat congress. According to my tax accountant, 2010 promises to be even worse.

    So explain again how the stimulus cut my taxes, bit.
    i dont know your situation but if i had to bet money i'd say it had something to do with a mortgage interest deduction. that's where most people's situation change. Maybe you re-fi'ed in 2008 or something? Maybe you need a new accountant?

    Look it up shakin it's absolutely 100% true that federal taxes are lower now than they were under Bush. people don't know it tho... cause state and local taxes have often been raised. But it was an ill advertised part of the stimulus.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Prove it.

    I can show you my Paystubs. My taxes, nope, nope less.

    here's a recent blog post from the white house. You can verify if it's false but it all sounds accurate...

    Tax Cut Facts: How Obama’s Tax Cuts Are Helping American Families
    Posted by Jared Bernstein on October 21, 2010 at 01:09 PM EDT

    A recent article in the New York Times pointed out that a lot of people don’t know that the Recovery Act cut their taxes.

    Well, I’m here to tell them that it did. A lot. Or, to be more precise, by $240 billion so far, going up to nearly $290 billion before we’re done (assuming Republicans fail in their efforts to raise your taxes by canceling the rest of the tax breaks, something they’ve pledged to do).

    Those tax cuts have helped American families make ends meet. They’ve helped them pay their kids’ college tuition, cover the cost of health care, and even offset the costs of energy-efficiency improvements to their homes. And they’ve helped move the economy from free fall to growth.

    As the Times article points out, there are good reasons why folks may not be familiar with these tax cuts. For example, even though the Recovery Act provided states with billions of dollars to help avoid Medicaid cuts and keep teachers on the job, some states were forced to go the other way, raising taxes to help offset their budget shortfalls.

    Take another example—the Making Work Pay Tax Credit. It reached 95% of working families—over 100 million American taxpayers, more people than any other tax cut in the history of tax cuts. Taxpayers received up to $800 through the credit, which came to them incrementally by reducing how much money was withheld from their paychecks for taxes both this year and last.

    This incremental nature probably explains part of the lack of recognition—if you get a tax credit little by little instead of all in one big check, you’re less likely to notice that your income went up. And of course, there’s been a lot of very tough stuff going on with people’s jobs and paychecks throughout this downturn. But the data confirm that workers are spending the benefits they got during this period.

    Look at the following graph, which first appeared in this analysis by Gary Burtless of the Brookings Institute (we’ve updated it). As Gary put it:



    The severity of the recession caused private incomes to plunge…[but] Federal government programs and stimulus dollars cushioned the massive blow to private family incomes. Disposable income fell less than 1 percent after the start of the recession, a stunning fact too often ignored given the severity and length of the current downturn.

    Gary Burtless Disposable Income Chart, October, 2010

    The bottom line shows how much income folks got from the private sector, from paychecks, profits, and capital income. The top line shows their take-home, after-tax disposable income, including benefits like Social Security and Unemployment Insurance. And as you can see, even as private income has fallen, disposable income has remained steady, thanks in large part to reduced tax payments and higher benefit payments to folks hit hard by the recession.

    The gap between the two lines is historically very large, and it’s a great picture of the Recovery Act at work. To be clear, we’re not claiming—not by a long shot—that these tax breaks offset anything approaching the full spate of economic pain families are experiencing as a result of the Great Recession. But we are strongly asserting that they helped.

    In fact, as you can see in the chart below, consumer spending is almost back to its pre-recession peak, suggesting that families have been using these tax cuts and benefits to make ends meet.



    Real Consumer Spending Chart, October 2010

    And as I noted, there’s a lot more than Making Work Pay at work here. Other key Recovery Act tax credits include:

    * The American Opportunity Tax Credit, which gives students and families up to $2,500 in tax savings to help pay for college tuition and other expenses. The AOTC and other tuition benefits have helped more than 12.5 million students and their families pay for college, an increase in tax benefits for higher education of more than 90 percent from the year before (see here for details).
    * The Earned Income Tax Credit, which helps moderate-income working families make ends meet. The Recovery Act increased the credit for families with three or more children, bringing the maximum amount to $5,657.
    * The Child Tax Credit, which helps low-and moderate-income families with children. More families are benefitting from the child tax credit under the Recovery Act, which reduced the minimum amount of earned income used to calculate the additional child tax credit to $3,000 from $12,550.
    * COBRA and Unemployment Benefits:For those who lost their jobs in the recession, to help them get back on their feet, the Recovery Act provided a 65 percent tax credit to help cover the cost of health care and made the first $2,400 in unemployment benefits tax-free, when normally 100 percent of those benefits are taxable.
    * Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Incentives: Taxpayers are eligible for up to $1,500 in tax credits for making some energy-efficiency improvements to their homes such as adding insulation and installing energy efficient windows.

    Moreover, the President continues to support significant new cuts, to middle-class families and to small businesses, to help preserve the gains we’ve made so far and build on the economy’s momentum.

    Like I said, there’s a lot of moving parts when it comes to taxes, and families have enough to deal with these days without taking a quiz on how changes to the tax code have helped them. But the facts, supported by clear evidence, are that President Obama has presided over hundreds of billions in tax cuts that continue to help families get through these tough times.

    Jared Bernstein is Chief Economic Advisor to the Vice President
    Liberal Talking Point #1: Anything bad, assume racist hate of everything Obama.
    I didn't bring Race into this, you did.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    On a wild guess, You DON'T use tanning beds, or smoke, etc.
    save the tanners! and the smokers! golly gosh will someone help the American self-tanner in this recession?

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i dont know your situation but if i had to bet money i'd say it had something to do with a mortgage interest deduction. that's where most people's situation change. Maybe you re-fi'ed in 2008 or something? Maybe you need a new accountant?

    Look it up shakin it's absolutely 100% true that federal taxes are lower now than they were under Bush. people don't know it tho... cause state and local taxes have often been raised. But it was an ill advertised part of the stimulus.
    Sorry bit, but that is still an absolute crock. It's a shell game. Nothing changed in regard to my situation -- NOTHING -- not my income, not my wife's income, we did not refinance, we claimed the same exemptions, we use the same accountant. The changes that DID affect us? A massive stripping away of deductions that in the past we qualified for. This is how Obama and the democrats pulled their effing "no new taxes" shenanigans -- they absolutely raped the valid and viable deductions hard-working families like mine had for years.

    Get married, have a couple of kids, work your ass off and watch these scumbags reach so deep they tear the f-cking bottoms out of your pockets, then get back on here and try to sound like you know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by shakin318; 10-25-2010 at 10:11 AM.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,763
    even more laffs

    real income is 94% of 12/07 (not good)

    yet disposable income is 102% of 12/07 levels

    so how "we" get a whopping 2% increase in 3 years of (D) Congress

    who's the we getting those "huge" breaks and almost spending
    as much as they did before

    People who don't pay tax, the public sector, union members and generally everyone whose jobs were propped up by the "stimulus"

    how much do "working families" and "low-and moderate-income families"
    make?

    2% more $ to spend than 3 years ago yet actually spending less -
    that's real explosive growth by gum

    Hey! You taxpayers w/ the drafty windows! You are eligible for a tax credit of $1500 (I mean tax cut) if you spend the $5-8K 1st . Why oh why didn't you spend the $5-8K??? What's that you say? 5K is more than the 2% of extra disposable income you have?? Oh.....
    -------------------------------------------------

    A trillion $ doesn't buy what it used to, let alone 3T

    just votes

    sure, there are people out there who will believe this (D) propaganda

    not analytical folks like me

    I'd consider myself one of the "smart" ones but that's another thread
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 10-24-2010 at 06:06 PM.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    ....from the white house.....

    Tax Cut Facts: How Obama’s Tax Cuts Are Helping American Families
    Lol.

    No bias in that source, right?

    Suddenly, whatever the White House says simply MUST be true.

    Amazing how you've gone from 100% distrust of the White House PR Machine, to total and utter faith.

    Like I said my friend, I could show you pay stubs and returns My taxes were not reduced.

    I didn't bring Race into this, you did.


    Liberal Talking Point #2: After Playing the Race Card, Throw Hands in Air when called on it and yell "Hey man, I didn't bring race into this, only a racist like YOU would do that!"

    Usually followed by Liberal Talking Point #3: You must be too dumb to understand what we Liberals are saying.
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-24-2010 at 06:56 PM.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    save the tanners! and the smokers! golly gosh will someone help the American self-tanner in this recession?
    You know where I was going with this, The hidden taxes, mandates and fees the lying piece of garbage has implemented.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    On one of the Sunday Morning talk shows, their argument:

    Obama has done everything right except one.

    The one thing Obama didn't do was brag about how great his policies was, and the reason (they gave) was that "he just doesn't have a big ego, he doesn't know how to talk about what he's done, he doesn;t know how to play partisan politics".

    And of course, the reason the American people don;t know that everything Obama has done was the right thing to do......you guessed it, FOXNews.

    Lol, Sunday.
    A guy who wrote two books about himself doesn't have a big ego?

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    A guy who HAD SOMEONE WRITE two books about himself doesn't have a big ego?
    Fixed! I have yet to see the"brilliance" of this man. Every aspect of his life is scripted.
    Last edited by acepepe; 10-25-2010 at 09:17 PM.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    And no, we don't fall under Obama's ridiculous definition of "rich."
    Are you white and making more than $100k? You're rich and you don't know it.

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    so basically, you all refuse to believe something that's true, because the source is the lying, deceiving white House.

    how about disproving it? if you can...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us