Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberal Democrat On His Way to Being Elected California Gov

Banned

Liberal Democrat On His Way to Being Elected California Gov

I thought this was supposed to be another big-time year of the angry white male like 1994 when republicans swept into power and America rejects liberalism. Maybe not.

Poll: Jerry Brown has double-digit lead over Meg Whitman

By David Siders
    Sacramento Bee

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/2...#ixzz13Jt6S8qR

Democrat Jerry Brown has opened a double-digit lead over Republican Meg Whitman in the governor's race, according to a new Los Angeles Times/USC poll.

Brown was leading Whitman 52 percent to 39 percent among likely voters, expanding his lead particularly among women and Latino voters, according to the poll.

Brown, campaigning this morning at several churches in south Los Angeles, said after one stop that he is "cautiously optimistic" about his chances in November. He was campaigning with the Democratic candidate for lieutenant governor, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom. Brown struck a populist tone, saying California is a wealthy state but that officials must "spread it out," not "suck it all up to the top."

He criticized Whitman for her scant voting record and called on congregants to cast ballots Nov. 2.

Whitman was campaigning yesterday in the Los Angeles area. She had no scheduled public events today.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/2...#ixzz13Jr6m5r0

Hall Of Fame
    That's why California is teetering on bankruptcy and illegal aliens.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I thought this was supposed to be another big-time year of the angry white male like 1994 when republicans swept into power and America rejects liberalism. Maybe not.
    Really? You're using California to frame this argument? The state that elects Nancy Pelosi? Um, yeah, ok.

BTW, isn't Brown a white male?
    Last edited by shakin318; 10-25-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Hall Of Fame

Poll: Jerry Brown has double-digit lead over Meg Whitman

He criticized Whitman for her scant voting record and called on congregants to cast ballots Nov. 2.

Whitman was campaigning yesterday in the Los Angeles area. She had no scheduled public events today.
    Does he have the support of the civil sevice bourgeois???? California will be the next big bail out. Public employee bourgeois.

California public employee union retirees - the new bourgeois?http://www.examiner.com/marin-republ...-new-bourgeois

California's Pension Problem: Shockingly Irresponsible
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1531...-irresponsible

California's Illegal Aliens Cost Taxpayers Nearly $9 Billion A Yearhttp://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/000506.html

Analysis of California Pensions Finds Half-Trillion-Dollar Gaphttp://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/bu...07pension.html

Hall Of Fame
    Well, based on one isolated data point, I'm convinced

All Pro
    Brown, campaigning this morning at several churches in south Los Angeles
    I see Governor Moonbeam is pretty flexible on that whole "Separation of Church and State" thing.

He criticized Whitman for her scant voting record
    I'm guessing he never found the time to criticize Obama for his scant voting record.

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe if Whitman spends another quarter of a billion dollars campaigning, she might win?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    He should win.

I heard Whitman is a whore.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    He should win.

Meg Whitman killed my uncle.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Does he have the support of the civil sevice bourgeois???? California will be the next big bail out. Public employee bourgeois.

California public employee union retirees - the new bourgeois?http://www.examiner.com/marin-republ...-new-bourgeois

California's Pension Problem: Shockingly Irresponsible
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1531...-irresponsible

California's Illegal Aliens Cost Taxpayers Nearly $9 Billion A Yearhttp://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/000506.html

Analysis of California Pensions Finds Half-Trillion-Dollar Gaphttp://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/bu...07pension.html
    It kills you that the local, state and federal gov't can't outsource and treat their employees like sh*t.

All League
    What is the point of this thread? Since when did anything in California become a litmus test for the pulse of the country? A liberal may be elected governor in the land of Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein and Waxman? Shocking, stop the presses.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    What is the point of this thread?
    to further prove that not taking one's prescription medication then posting on the world wide web is a dangerous combination....

Since when did anything in California become a litmus test for the pulse of the country? A liberal may be elected governor in the land of Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein and Waxman? Shocking, stop the presses.:rolleyes
    for sh!ts and giggles i took a look at the poll....ayatollah obama's JA rating in the poll is 54%- obviously along the lines of what most Americans are thinking...

http://www.gqrr.com/articles/2536/61...ts%2010.24.pdf
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 10-25-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    He should win.

This is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleasetheAnimal View Post
    Meg Whitman killed my uncle.

This, hysterical.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    It kills you that the local, state and federal gov't can't outsource and treat their employees like sh*t.
    No...but it boggles my mind that simple math seems to NOT be relevant with public employee unions.

Any other industry would have been bankrupt decades ago. This is NOT about treatment of employees...more so it is about the thousands of retired civil servants with annual guaranteed pensions of $100,000 a year.

Hall Of Fame
    No...but it boggles my mind that simple math seems to NOT be relevant with public employee unions.

Any other industry would have been bankrupt decades ago. This is NOT about treatment of employees...more so it is about the thousands of retired civil servants with annual guaranteed pensions of $100,000 a year.
    Generalize much?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Generalize much?
    Generalize facts???? Read the articles or smply google it. tens of thousands of state workers have pensions in excess of $100K.

What don't you understand?

Have you EVER taken an economics course????? You dodge the question.

Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    What is the point of this thread? Since when did anything in California become a litmus test for the pulse of the country? A liberal may be elected governor in the land of Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein and Waxman? Shocking, stop the presses.
    Consider the original poster. We might as well be responding to someone insisting that the moon landing was faked.

Banned
    This is why California is teetering on bankruptcy and illegal aliens.
    Fixed

Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 10-25-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    ...someone insisting that the moon landing was faked.
    Oh goddammit. Will you guys make up your minds?!? Are conspiracy theories cool or not now??

I thought we were down with them since that Muslim Sleep Agent won the election.

Don't drink the tap water. They put stuff in it to make you vote Democrat. But you didn't hear that from me...

Banned
    Generalize facts???? Read the articles or smply google it. tens of thousands of state workers have pensions in excess of $100K.

What don't you understand?

Have you EVER taken an economics course????? You dodge the question.
    You do realized that a big chunk of those state workers are state and local police officers who get paid starting salaries in excess of $75K and make pensions that could support a family of 50 in India. Reaganites like you have this myth that all government workers are do-nothing bureacrats who sit behind desks and make six figures when in reality most of them are not.

I'm all for law enforcement and giving cops fair compensation but alot of them are insanely overpaid. Same is happening here in NJ. Christie is busy trying to blame teachers' for bankrupting the state meanwhile cops in suburban towns make over $100K a year plus benefits to shoot squirrels.