Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a/the hampur?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

What is a/the hampur?

Took me till the bye to see that I never introduced myself. Since I work a rotating shift I get to about six games a year. This is my first year on a Jets forum. It is a nice community here with some history. Lots of inside jokes, especially in the Pol & World events forum, that I still can't post in? But the biggest one is this "hampur" thing? I've looked back at some old threads, even google. I have some guesses as to what it refers to but don't want to make any assumptions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    When OT (off topic) threads got separated from the main forum a year or two back, Sooth had everybody make suggestions on what to name the OT forum - it ended up getting named The Hangar, but the flunkies that reside there refer to it as "The Hampur"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    When OT (off topic) threads got separated from the main forum a year or two back, Sooth had everybody make suggestions on what to name the OT forum - it ended up getting named The Hangar, but the flunkies that reside there refer to it as "The Hampur"
    HE LIES! HE LIES!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by majormajor42 View Post
    Took me till the bye to see that I never introduced myself. Since I work a rotating shift I get to about six games a year. This is my first year on a Jets forum. It is a nice community here with some history. Lots of inside jokes, especially in the Pol & World events forum, that I still can't post in? But the biggest one is this "hampur" thing? I've looked back at some old threads, even google. I have some guesses as to what it refers to but don't want to make any assumptions.
    We are all the Hampur. Its inside us all. HampurOne.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    wearethehampurthehampurisallofusthehampurlivestheh ampurprovideslifethehampurgivesmeaningandanswersth ehampurknowsallandasksnothingthehampurwillconsumet hehampurcorruptsandrewardsthehampurthehampurtheham purisfullofwinthehampurembracesfailthehampurtheham purbreathesinterwebsthehampurknowshotnessthehampur eatsbandwidththehampurdoesnotjudgetehhampurisnota spellingnazithehampurwilloutlastyouthehampurcontai nsaracaneknowledgethehampurwillnotsuccumbthehampur doesnotsleepthehampurisforeverthehampurcorruptsthe hampursupportsdiversitythehampureshewspoliticstheh ampurhatesfatchicksthehampurthehampurthehampuriswe thehampurIS

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    its a wicked ghey thing.

Hi, I'm Bruce.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    its a wicked ghey thing.

Hi, I'm Bruce.
    Kind of like the JI "friend" concept that Timmaaaay loved so much.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I gave up on trying to figure it out. I mostly just lurk and marvel at the human psych.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hampur is a lot like Zion in the The Matrix (which would make the Landing Strip the Matrix).

I don't know what that would make the Politics or Soccer forums, but it wouldn't be good.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    When OT (off topic) threads got separated from the main forum a year or two back,

Its like the JI version of the Galapagos. The birds are becoming flightless and the iguanas have taken to swimming.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my Hampur. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Hampur is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Hampur, without me, is useless. Without my Hampur, I am useless. I must fire my Hampur true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My Hampur and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My Hampur is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my Hampur clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My Hampur and myself are the defenders of JI. We are the masters of our enemy (ie: ghey Patsies). We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is Jets' and there is no enemy, but peace!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

"I love the smell of the hampur in the morning."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're not floozies!

The Hamper - It's where to put things when you don't know where to put things.

(That's what she said)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You want answers?

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live on a site that has forums. And those forums have to be guarded by mods with ban buttons. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Paulie? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for FF2 and you curse the Hampurites. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know: that FF2's banishment, while tragic, probably saved revenue. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, creates revenue...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want us in the Hampur. You need us in the Hampur.

We use words like dootz, penile dysfunction, WLF...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain ourselves to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of Lolzas we provide, then questions the manner in which we provide it! We'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, we suggest you put on a zebra thong and stand a post. Either way, we don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 10-26-2010 at 11:45 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    You want answers?

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live on a site that has forums. And those forums have to be guarded by mods with ban buttons. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Paulie? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for FF2 and you curse the Hampurites. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that FF2's banishment, while tragic, probably saved revenue. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, creates revenue...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on the Hampur. You need me in the Hampur.

We use words like dootz, penile dysfunction, WLF...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of Lolzas I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you put on a zebra thong and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
    LMAO!

You have WAY too much time on your hands....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hampur is where the heart is.

I think thats how it goes right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    We're not floozies!

The Hamper - It's where to put things when you don't know where to put things.

(That's what she said)

Still got that pic of the Japanese dude yelling "STICK IT IN HER HAMPUR!"?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by majormajor42 View Post
    Your mother never read Dr. Suess to you?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    You want answers?

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live on a site that has forums. And those forums have to be guarded by mods with ban buttons. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Paulie? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for FF2 and you curse the Hampurites. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know: that FF2's banishment, while tragic, probably saved revenue. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, creates revenue...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want us in the Hampur. You need us in the Hampur.

We use words like dootz, penile dysfunction, WLF...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain ourselves to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of Lolzas we provide, then questions the manner in which we provide it! We'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, we suggest you put on a zebra thong and stand a post. Either way, we don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
    *Standing Ovation* <whistling and hollering>

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like