Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This right here is a tragic story

All Pro

This right here is a tragic story

Danroy Henry Shooting Creates Divide in New York Community42
    Comments
    Say Something
    .10/28/2010 11:03 AM ET By Joe Lapointe

AText SizePrint this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream
    Joe Lapointe
    Writer/Columnist
    PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- On his back, Danroy Henry Jr. had a tattoo of angel wings. He spent the last hour of his life dancing and socializing in a restaurant filled with sports paraphernalia and Halloween decorations like wispy ghosts and plastic skulls.

Henry, a cornerback for Pace University's football team, was known as "D.J.'' He would have celebrated his 21st birthday Friday preparing for Saturday's Division II home game against New Haven.

Instead, Henry's teammates, friends and family will gather in Boston for a memorial service because Henry died on Oct. 17 behind the wheel of his car with three police bullets in his body. It happened hours after a homecoming game against Stonehill in suburban Westchester County north of New York City.

His death -- and many of the disputed details surrounding it -- opened what his coach has called a raw wound. Issues raised by the case include alcohol use, racial bias and appropriate response of law enforcement in a tense and chaotic scene.

Michael Sussman, a civil rights lawyer representing the Henry family, alluded this week to other shootings of black men by white police officers around the New York area in recent years. Earlier this month, a Harlem man was shot and killed by a Pelham Manor police officer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Black kid shot by white cops....20 pages, 2 bans.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Actually this is a tragic story, it took place a bit north of me. It seems a complete over reaction by police, however if in fact he was drunk and did not stop the cops may have becoome frightened. Of course here is where it gets tricky in that he was the designated driver for the night and his friends have said he was not drinking that night. Adding to the mystery is the fact that the car was completely cleaned by police before the investigation took place, there were no signs of gun powder. Another disturbing fact is the cops did nothing to help him as he lay dying.

Awful story, he was just a college kid enjoying his Saturday night.

The kid was driving with a cop on the hood of his car. What would you have done? If the roles were reversed would it be just as tragic a story? Perhaps there would be a kid at home without a dad.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3796327]Actually this is a tragic story, it took place a bit north of me. It seems a complete over reaction by police, however if in fact he was drunk and did not stop the cops may have becoome frightened. Of course here is where it gets tricky in that [B]he was the designated driver for the night and his friends have said he was not drinking that night[/B]. Adding to the mystery is the fact that the car was completely cleaned by police before the investigation took place, there were no signs of gun powder. [B]Another disturbing fact is the cops did nothing to help him as he lay dying.[/B]
    Awful story, he was just a college kid enjoying his Saturday night.[/QUOTE]

Now as you said, tricky is the key word here, but I have heard that his BAC was something in the neighborhood of .13 and that he was attended to right away with medical attention.

I go to this bar to watch a lot of Jets game.

A cop on the hood of the car, & supposedly he accelerated. Doesn't make sense, probably just got real scared, but tragic regardless.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetsfan110;3796339]The kid was driving with a cop on the hood of his car. What would you have done? If the roles were reversed would it be just as tragic a story? Perhaps there would be a kid at home without a dad.[/QUOTE]

yes, that doesn't make sense, and the fact his passenger said the cop just jumped on the hood...

[QUOTE=frankiepapa;3796347]Now as you said, tricky is the key word here, but I have heard that his BAC was something in the neighborhood of .13 and that he was attended to right away with medical attention.[/QUOTE]

read the same thing, and now the family wants their own ME I think to validate...too many things going on here with this thing

Rookie
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;3796347]Now as you said, tricky is the key word here, but I have heard that his BAC was something in the neighborhood of .13 and that he was attended to right away with medical attention.[/QUOTE]

Not according to his lawyers [url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/20/AR2010102000589.html?waporef=obinsite[/url]

Typical Racist Scumbag Cops. Why am I not surprised.

Using their badge and gun to support their racist views and actions.

Paramedics were probably informed to ONLY treat the officers and disregard anyone else, too.

It made no sense that the person was told initially by a cop to move along which he did and then all of a sudden another cop opened fire on him. Unless it was a case of the police officer realizing he was black and had to fill his Racist Quota of the day.

And people wonder why there are so many cop-killers out there.... There's your answer.
    Last edited by Vin; 10-29-2010 at 01:31 PM.

[QUOTE=Vin;3796650]Typical Racist Scumbag Cops. Why am I not surprised.

Paramedics were probably informed to ONLY treat the officers and disregard anyone else, too.

It made no sense that the person was told initially by a cop to move along which he did and then all of a sudden another cop opened fire on him. Unless it was a case of the police officer realizing he was black and had to fill his Racist Quota of the day.

And people wonder why there are so many cop-killers out there.... There's your answer.[/QUOTE]

:banban:

All Pro

[B]And people wonder why there are so many cop-killers out there.... There's your answer[/B].[/QUOTE]

I don't care if I get banned. You are an f'n *******!!! In fact you should be banned for life and from life jackass!

[QUOTE=JetinHuntersville;3796694]I don't care if I get banned. You are an f'n *******!!! In fact you should be banned for life and from life jackass![/QUOTE]

That was probably one of the worst things I've ever heard

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Vin;3796650]And people wonder why there are so many cop-killers out there.... There's your answer.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3796687]:banban:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JetinHuntersville;3796694]I don't care if I get banned. You are an f'n *******!!! In fact you should be banned for life and from life jackass![/QUOTE]

gets a week

And people wonder why there are so many cop-killers out there.... There's your answer.[/QUOTE]

[I][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]AND WE'RE OFF AND RUNNING![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/I]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vin;3796650]And people wonder why there are so many cop-killers out there.... There's your answer.[/QUOTE]

There are cop killers because they arrest law-breakers who get pissed off that they got arrested and would rather kill a cop than go back to jail.

Sad, miserable people like you think cops are a-holes until you need them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Great that Vin was banned, but I see a lot of comments on the actions of the cops here that are based soley on the kids family and friends who were either not there, or were there and involved in whatever drinking/melee that was going on.

I know one thing; The cops didnt go looking for this kid, they were summoned there by several frantic 911 calls.

I've already seen several sensational claims, including some I've read here, already refuted.

I'll wait for the facts before I speculate as to what happened.

Jets Insider VIP
    This sucks no matter how you slice it. I went to Pace downtown so I feel that side of it as an alum... we have NO facts here.

It is just unfortunate. TERRIBLE!

NO Mom and Dad deserve this but who knows what happened.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3796794]This sucks no matter how you slice it. I went to Pace downtown so I feel that side of it as an alum... we have NO facts here.

It is just unfortunate. TERRIBLE!

NO Mom and Dad deserve this but who knows what happened.[/QUOTE]

Pace Undergrade 2010 - when you grad?

Sucks the kid had to lose his life, but I agree with the notion that most cops are scumbargs. They sign up for the chance to carry and draw their guns -thats why they become COPS!

Most people are breakers of silly, bogus laws. You only need to look at the Rockafeller drug laws to see that...

As for the idea that we only feel that way until we need them, that because we aren't allowed to handle most issues of self defence/protection on out own.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=rhyan66;3796863]Pace Undergrade 2010 - when you grad?

Sucks the kid had to lose his life, but I agree with the notion that most cops are scumbargs. They sign up for the chance to carry and draw their guns -thats why they become COPS!

Most people are breakers of silly, bogus laws. You only need to look at the Rockafeller drug laws to see that...

As for the idea that we only feel that way until we need them, that because we aren't allowed to handle most issues of self defence/protection on out own.[/QUOTE]

We graduated from the same college. I share NO OTHER sentiment with you and do NOT agree with you at all.

Why post such garbage attached to my post?

Veteran
    Never said you did and was just curious what year you grad. Didn't mean to imply you agreed with anything I said. I apologize if that offends you.

BTW, I post my own opinions regardless of what anyone thinks - Freethought!