View Poll Results: Are the National Mall rallies of Glenn Beck and/or Jon Stewart political?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both yes

    7 50.00%
  • Both no

    3 21.43%
  • Stewart yes but not Beck

    3 21.43%
  • Beck yes but not Stewart

    1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: non political rallies

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782

    non political rallies

    is what Beck and Stewart doing, really non-political?

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    2,748
    Of course not. Beck's rally, I'm sure, was predominantly republican/tea party types.

    Stewart's rally will probably have a mixture of dems and repubs, but definitely more dems, and there's no doubt in my mind it will be a total liberal fest. I won't be caught dead anywhere near there.....

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Both are unquestionably political.

  4. #4
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Yeah, I'm sure Stewart decided to hold a nonpolitical rally the weekend before election day.

    And it's just a coincidence that Arianna Huffington is providing buses for hundreds of people to go from NYC.

  5. #5
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Holy crap, vote fail -- I meant vote Both Yes, but voted Both No.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    2,748
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Holy crap, vote fail -- I meant vote Both Yes, but voted Both No.
    And to think, they made YOU a mod....

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Both are unquestionably political.
    ^
    +1

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    I went to Daniel Tosh's show. He is political also...talking bad about Christians and stuff. The man actually said he wants to make I Love Abortions t-shirts What is this mans agenda?! You know, he may not have an event with a lot of people at the National Mall...but if you add up the amount of people who go to all of his shows, it's more than who went to these "rallys".

    I want to know what his endgame is. What is the subliminal message of his "Web Redemptions". And why is he always acting gay? Is he trying to poison our children's minds?! The bastid!!!!

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    2,748
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I went to Daniel Tosh's show. He is political also...talking bad about Christians and stuff. The man actually said he wants to make I Love Abortions t-shirts What is this mans agenda?! You know, he may not have an event with a lot of people at the National Mall...but if you add up the amount of people who go to all of his shows, it's more than who went to these "rallys".

    I want to know what his endgame is. What is the subliminal message of his "Web Redemptions". And why is he always acting gay? Is he trying to poison our children's minds?! The bastid!!!!
    He insults me on so many levels. God Hates Daniel Tosh!

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I went to Daniel Tosh's show. He is political also...talking bad about Christians and stuff. The man actually said he wants to make I Love Abortions t-shirts What is this mans agenda?! You know, he may not have an event with a lot of people at the National Mall...but if you add up the amount of people who go to all of his shows, it's more than who went to these "rallys".

    I want to know what his endgame is. What is the subliminal message of his "Web Redemptions". And why is he always acting gay? Is he trying to poison our children's minds?! The bastid!!!!
    Tosh.0 is funny as hell. One of the best shows on the tube.

  11. #11
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Tosh.0 is funny as hell. One of the best shows on the tube.
    I don't know... I watched it once and thought it was a cross between America's Funniest Home Videos, Talk Soup, and youtube. Which is a pretty lame combo.

    Maybe I'll give it another chance.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,535
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXmbzLI3pnk

    Political? Yes.

    Partisan? No.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Political? Yes.

    Partisan? No.
    Attended by tens of thousands of people with absolutely no social lives? Yes.

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I don't know... I watched it once and thought it was a cross between America's Funniest Home Videos, Talk Soup, and youtube. Which is a pretty lame combo.

    Maybe I'll give it another chance.
    That's actually a pretty good description. I guess I just like sarcasm. And seeing people make idiots of themselves on video.

  15. #15
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXmbzLI3pnk

    Political? Yes.

    Partisan? No.
    Jon Stewart is a smart guy, perhaps one of the smartest out there. Unfortunately, though, he always seems like he's afraid of being the smartest guy in the room, so he says something brilliant and then immediately undercuts it by making a terrible joke.

    Anyway, his message in that video sounded truly noble and inspiring. It really did. I just have my doubts that many of the people who went actually saw the rally that way.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXmbzLI3pnk

    Political? Yes.

    Partisan? No.
    This.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Attended by tens of thousands of people with absolutely no social lives? Yes. (unlike the various rallies for parties/causes I support, which are attended by tens of thousands of people with social lives and important jobs, that they generously sacrifice out of patriotic duty to better our great country)
    Fixed

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    CBS Reported (per radio) 215,000 attendees.

    As a comparison, CBS Reported (again, per radio at the time) that Glenn Beck had 87,000 attendees.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    lol- and the hope and change crowd calls the Tea Party stoopid..the top video is priceless...

    http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/0...rn-in-america/

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    lol- and the hope and change crowd calls the Tea Party stoopid..the top video is priceless...

    http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/0...rn-in-america/
    The top video? Awesome man he asked 7 people and 1 got the joke. Wow, that really tells the story of the crowd right?

    I will be waiting for your Matt Taibbi comments.
    Here's a link to make it easier for you.

    http://trueslant.com/matttaibbi/

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us