Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm scared.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3799442]Eh. A few of us are. I'm not naming names.[/QUOTE]

You are such a douche. Can't believe you would say something like this Get out of here, patsie troll, I hope the guy that mows your lawn dies of a fungal infection. BTW I'm probably the softest heart on this board.

Did I go too far with that one? :confused::D

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Jets loss is a Jets loss... as if we've never seen them before.

I was just going to make a thread about Shanahan benching McNabb with 2 mins left in the game, which IMO is a HUGE story... then I thought a non-Jet thread wouldn't go over so well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3798959]The Definition of LoL: The Hampur Pampers mocking the Strip.

Yes, you all are truly the superior internet phags, those strip phags have NOTHING on your brilliance.

By the way, isn't it time for another self-indulgent doots thread?[/QUOTE]

Because unfortunately, a lot of people on the Strip lack what you truly need in order to survive being a Jets fan for the long term: a sense of humor.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3798959]The Definition of LoL: The Hampur Pampers mocking the Strip.

Yes, you all are truly the superior internet phags, those strip phags have NOTHING on your brilliance.

lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We lost? :dunno:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's a bit harsh, eh? Maybe you want to post in the Pfail strip, but are taking it out on us instead?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well just logged on after a busy weekend and what a disaster the Pfail is, this place is much safer. So anyone do anything interesting this weekend?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;3799426]At least [I]we[/I] are not drama queens.[/QUOTE]

Of course you are, cliquey insular drama queens at that.

Sorry, but it's the height of lols to see the "Off Topic Clique" on a dedicated Jets Fan Forum rolling their eyes at the OTHER Jets Fans who actually talk about the Jets, as opposed to doots and what makes up a good and authentic Italian Gravy.

It's fine by me that this little community exists here, I enjoy it tbh. But it bristles my ass when you mock Jets Fans in that psudo-uninterested BS way for caring about wins and loses.

[QUOTE=Big L;3799670]Wow, that's a bit harsh, eh? Maybe you want to post in the Pfail strip, but are taking it out on us instead?[/QUOTE]

Nothing to take out. It was a loss. They'll be more before years end, and in years to come. I posted many time yesterday on it, and my thoughts on it. No reason to fear or mock the strip.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-01-2010 at 11:43 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3799969]Of course you are, cliquey insular drama queens at that.[/QUOTE]

You should change your title to the Destroyer of Happiness, because you have really hurt my feelings. :cryin:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3799969]Of course you are, cliquey insular drama queens at that.

Sorry, but it's the height of lols to see the "Off Topic Clique" on a dedicated Jets Fan Forum rolling their eyes at the OTHER Jets Fans [B]who actually talk about the Jets, as opposed to doots and [U]what makes up a good and authentic Italian Gravy.[/U]
    [/B][/QUOTE]

I lawled! Then I lawled some more.:D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3799969]Of course you are, cliquey insular drama queens at that.

Sorry, but it's the height of lols to see the "Off Topic Clique" on a dedicated Jets Fan Forum rolling their eyes at the OTHER Jets Fans who actually talk about the Jets, as opposed to doots and what makes up a good and authentic Italian Gravy.

It's fine by me that this little community exists here, I enjoy it tbh. But it bristles my ass when you mock Jets Fans in that psudo-uninterested BS way for caring about wins and loses.

Nothing to take out. It was a loss. They'll be more before years end, and in years to come. I posted many time yesterday on it, and my thoughts on it. No reason to fear or mock the strip.[/QUOTE]

It's not the Jets fans that ire me there, its the fanatics.
    For example the ones that call me less of a fan because I would rather spend time with my kids on Halloween instead of going out to support the team, above all else. :rolleyes:

I guess I just dont feel the need to post about something that's already been posted; 24 hours after gametime it's been dissected enough to the point of splitting an atom on a strand of hair.

We may be immature in many other ways, but handling a Jets' loss is not one of them. ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3800002]It's not the Jets fans that ire me there, its the fanatics.
    For example the ones that call me less of a fan because I would rather spend time with my kids on Halloween instead of going out to support the team, above all else. :rolleyes:[/quote]

If the topic is "Jets Fans Suck" or the like, it's legitimate to point out that we cannot fill our Stadium or provide a Home Team Advantage in our own house, and do discuss the various reasons why.

I don't begrudge you (or any fan) the right to not go. But the same right not to go enables others to wonder why, on such a gorgeous afternoon in an important game, the Fans appeared (to tthe OP of that thread at least) to be less then good, less than loud, and less than filling the house.

[QUOTE]I guess I just dont feel the need to post about something that's already been posted; 24 hours after gametime it's been dissected enough to the point of splitting an atom on a strand of hair. [/QUOTE]

Thats fair, no disagreement, no one would ever say you HAVE to post once a week on the strip or get banned ffs. It's the (30 min after gametime) mocking of fans that I'm discussing here. The real question is if the Hamper honestly doesn't care, why come here at all in the first place? There are vastly superior comedy sites on the internet, really.

[quote]We may be immature in many other ways, but handling a Jets' loss is not one of them. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sure you are.

The teenager-esque nonchalant "Shrug, doesn't matter anyway man, I'm too COOL for such things as caring about football, man!" facade is, lets be hoenst, a bti laughable. anyone who truly feels that way, and has spent more than ten minutes on JI, is either full of doots, or who knows what.

I'm willing to bet more of the Jets Fans in the Hampur felt just as dissapointed and frustrated with the team yesterday as the most angry Stripite. They just think they're too cool to actually say it out loud.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;3799983]You should change your title to the Destroyer of Happiness, because you have really hurt my feelings. :cryin:[/QUOTE]

Or BoreFish

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3799969]Of course you are, cliquey insular drama queens at that.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we can argue with that. But on the other hand. So what? :confused:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3800025]If the topic is "Jets Fans Suck" or the like, it's legitimate to point out that we cannot fill our Stadium or provide a Home Team Advantage in our own house, and do discuss the various reasons why.

I don't begrudge you (or any fan) the right to not go. But the same right not to go enables others to wonder why, on such a gorgeous afternoon in an important game, the Fans appeared (to tthe OP of that thread at least) to be less then good, less than loud, and less than filling the house.

Thats fair, no disagreement, no one would ever say you HAVE to post once a week on the strip or get banned ffs. It's the (30 min after gametime) mocking of fans that I'm discussing here. The real question is if the Hamper honestly doesn't care, why come here at all in the first place? There are vastly superior comedy sites on the internet, really.

Sure you are.

The teenager-esque nonchalant "Shrug, doesn't matter anyway man, I'm too COOL for such things as caring about football, man!" facade is, lets be hoenst, a bti laughable. anyone who truly feels that way, and has spent more than ten minutes on JI, is either full of doots, or who knows what.

I'm willing to bet more of the Jets Fans in the Hampur felt just as dissapointed and frustrated with the team yesterday as the most angry Stripite. They just think they're too cool to actually say it out loud.[/QUOTE]

And I ask you, Warfish, what the hell does any of it matter? What does it matter what we post in here? We're all just trying to have fun. Sure, yes, I was bothered by the loss yesterday, no disagreement there whatsoever. But after the game, I DON'T want to get all worked up dissecting the team every which way. It's just not fun to me. Everyone in there is posting the same exact thing and I don't feel it's really necessary that I do it too. So I come here, to the Hampur, to chill out with my fellow (relaxed) Jet (and unfortunately Patriot :D) brethren and share some laughs to get over the loss.

I don't, by any means, feel I'm better than ANYONE on this site. I just have a different idea of coping with a loss, that's all. So chill out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3800025]There are vastly superior comedy sites on the internet, really.[/QUOTE]

[I]Link?[/I]

WF, its a bunch of retahds who find refuge with like minded individuals who care about the game but aren't ledge jumpers. Who have a little perspective and a sense of humor. OK, we get it, not YOUR kind of humor. You are much more sophisticated than us.

Why the lectures? :confused:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to be clear... am I a retard Hampur guy getting pounded by Warfish or a over-enthusiastic doomsday guy?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the premise of the thread is to insinuate that those in the hampur are better jet fans or dont care as much etc. just the fact that perhaps they have learned to deal and cope with the losses better than some on the main board. I speak only for myself in that I am completely bummed today, Mondays suck as is, but after a Jets loss it is the worst. Going on the main strip just angers/depresses me more. I am extremely upset/dissapointed with the loss.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3800025]If the topic is "Jets Fans Suck" or the like, it's legitimate to point out that we cannot fill our Stadium or provide a Home Team Advantage in our own house, and do discuss the various reasons why.

[/QUOTE]

Our fans have always sucked, particular the ones who arrive late and leave early.

But I think years of watching Jets football has taken it's toll on all of us. I'm a sh***y fan at home. First I'm too nervous to sit down, I just stand right in front of my TV with an expression on my face like I'm watching a beheading. Then, if any one talks at any part of the game, I shriek in a high pitched and hysterical voice "Will you please shut up?!!!"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;3800048]And I ask you, Warfish, what the hell does any of it matter? What does it matter what we post in here?[/quote]

It doesn't.

[QUOTE]We're all just trying to have fun.[/QUOTE]

So were the people you so casually mock.

In the end, thread like this are no different than a Ray Ray "Anyone who doesn't think like I do is a tard!" thread on the strip.

[QUOTE] Sure, yes, I was bothered by the loss yesterday, no disagreement there whatsoever. But after the game, I DON'T want to get all worked up dissecting the team every which way.[/QUOTE]

No worries. If you don't want to get worked up, don't.

Why does mocking others who do have to be part of that?

[QUOTE]Everyone in there is posting the same exact thing[/QUOTE]

Please. No more so than eveyone in HERE is posting teh same thing (if nothign else, I ahve now rallied the Hamper Troops in Defense of Dootyland from the Evil evil Warfish!)

[QUOTE]I don't, by any means, feel I'm better than ANYONE on this site.[/QUOTE]

Hard to tell that from the Op, where you revel in mocking your fellow fans.

[quote]I just have a different idea of coping with a loss, that's all. So chill out.[/QUOTE]

I'm as chill as they come at current tbh. Not only was I not suprised by yesterdays loss, I'm not suprised or personally bothered by this thread. The sillyness of it is pretty obvious, and you're simply lucky most "Phailstrip" folks never bother coming in here (partly due to how cliquey it is in here tbh) or you'd get right crushed by the angry throbbing masses.