Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm scared.

[QUOTE=FF2®;3800049]Why the lectures? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Why not?

If nothing else, it's gotten the loss off everyone mind for brief milisecond, unifier the Hamper clans, and put "Kill the Fish, Defend the Doots!" on their minds instead.

I'm brilliant that way, far better than all you Hamper people and your phailstrip mockumentery threads.

;)

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3800059]Our fans have always sucked, [B]particular the ones who arrive late and leave early.[/B]

But I think years of watching Jets football has taken it's toll on all of us. I'm a sh***y fan at home. First I'm too nervous to sit down, I just stand right in front of my TV with an expression on my face like I'm watching a beheading. [B]Then, if any one talks at any part of the game, I shriek in a high pitched and hysterical voice "Will you please shut up?!!!"[/B][/QUOTE]

I hated that when I went to games. I never left any sporting even early, even if we were down by 30. If you want to "beat traffic", stay the f**k home or give your seats to people who want to watch the game, not tailgate and "beat traffic".

For years, my wife and I have sworn that, should the day ever arrive, we will watch the Jet Super Bowl with just us and my son. We could not take anyone distracting us or talking about anything other than the play/game. I might throw someone through a window who did. Plus, I might be committed for all my histrionics and cursing.

[IMG]http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/9985/original/internet-serious-business.jpg?1250726833[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3800025]

Sure you are.

The teenager-esque nonchalant "Shrug, doesn't matter anyway man, I'm too COOL for such things as caring about football, man!" facade is, lets be hoenst, a bti laughable. anyone who truly feels that way, and has spent more than ten minutes on JI, is either full of doots, or who knows what.

I'm willing to bet more of the Jets Fans in the Hampur felt just as dissapointed and frustrated with the team yesterday as the most angry Stripite. They just think they're too cool to actually say it out loud.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, the last word I would ever use to describe myself is 'cool'.

Nope. I just try to avoid what I really want to say about the Jets and about certain fans after I've waited awhile. Some people don't have that filter. It's called experience and maturity.

You're damn right I was pissed off.

If 'those' people have the right to call out a fanbase, then it's also my right to make fun of them.

But I would rather laugh it off here than cry about it over there.

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3800065]It doesn't.

So were the people you so casually mock.

In the end, thread like this are no different than a Ray Ray "Anyone who doesn't think like I do is a tard!" thread on the strip.

No worries. If you don't want to get worked up, don't.

Why does mocking others who do have to be part of that?

Please. No more so than eveyone in HERE is posting teh same thing (if nothign else, I ahve now rallied the Hamper Troops in Defense of Dootyland from the Evil evil Warfish!)

Hard to tell that from the Op, where you revel in mocking your fellow fans.

I'm as chill as they come at current tbh. Not only was I not suprised by yesterdays loss, I'm not suprised or personally bothered by this thread. The sillyness of it is pretty obvious, and you're simply lucky most "Phailstrip" folks never bother coming in here (partly due to how cliquey it is in here tbh) or you'd get right crushed by the angry throbbing masses.[/QUOTE]

Ok, dude, whatever. The lectures aren't necessary.

All League
    Someones knickers are certainly in a twist today. Also sounds like someone isn't taking the loss yesterday too well at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3800049][I]Link?[/I]

WF, its a bunch of retahds who find refuge with like minded individuals who care about the game but aren't ledge jumpers. Who have a little perspective and a sense of humor. [/QUOTE]

That, plus the people at work don't seem to find the Bombay movie clips as funny as I do...

Edit: [I]Especially[/I] the boss

[QUOTE=Fishooked;3800083]Believe me, the last word I would ever use to describe myself is 'cool'.[/quote]

Are you joking? You're very cool.

[QUOTE]You're damn right I was pissed off.[/QUOTE]

So yoy felt the same, but your choice to not communicate it equates to experience and maturity?

[QUOTE]If 'those' people have the right to call out a fanbase, then it's also my right to make fun of them.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....a good point.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3800073]I hated that when I went to games. I never left any sporting even early, even if we were down by 30. If you want to "beat traffic", stay the f**k home or give your seats to people who want to watch the game, not tailgate and "beat traffic".
    [/QUOTE]

This is the downfall of the suburban stadium built next to major highways.
    The traffic really makes a three hour football game into an all day affair.
    I've been to games in Cleveland, Indy and Chicago where people come into the city at different times and use different routes. People go to bars in the area before and after the game and everyone goes home at different times. Here everyone's using a few different in and out routes together. This is exactly why more teams have been building in cities rather than suburbs, suburban arenas and stadiums were an 80's failure.

Throw in the expensive tickets and why bother with the aggravation.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3800065]

(if nothign else, I have now rallied the Hamper Troops in Defense of Dootyland from the Evil evil Warfish!)

[/QUOTE]

haha... you know you enjoy being the one everyone loves to hate.

WARFISH has spoken!

[IMG]http://americancopywriter.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/breakfastclub7.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Pac2566; 11-01-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Warfish is very "KleckoisGodish" this morning..understandable after yesterday's performance..

[QUOTE=gqxluvx;3800120]Warfish is very "KleckoisGodish" this morning..understandable after yesterday's performance..[/QUOTE]

please... that knucklehead would have banned half the hamper... Even if you may not agree with WF at least he lets you call him out on it.

[QUOTE=Pac2566;3800109]haha... you know you enjoy being the one everyone loves to hate.[/QUOTE]

It does have a certain enjoyment factor to it, yes.

No, in all honestly I just get annoyed by "better fan than you" threads, of which the OP was clearly one. Animal shouldn't take it personally, I beat the living piss out of Ray Ray regularly when he was doing it (albeit it in a VERY differeny way).

If the masses want to vent, let um' vent in peace. If the Hampur wants to enjoy doot jokes instead of using the forum for what it's here for, and thats your catharsis, thats cool too.

Just try, at the least, not to mock your fellow fans. Thats not askign too much, is it? Maybe it is.

[QUOTE=Pac2566;3800127]please... that knucklehead would have banned half the hamper... Even if you may not agree with WF at least he lets you call him out on it.[/QUOTE]

Fair point you are correct, WF is way better than him. Plus he doesn't take himself to seriously.

Yesterday I was insanely mad at Schotty and his schittyness.

Today, it's eh... whatever.

So I basically resent all the judgement going on in this thread. You guys are all elitists.

See what I did there? :D

:alien: -- Yeah I stole it.

[QUOTE=gqxluvx;3800135]Fair point you are correct, WF is way better than him. Plus he doesn't take himself to seriously.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://knowyourmeme.com/i/29398/original/Iareseriouscat.jpg[/IMG]

Ol' Kleck was an ok dude. Maybe not Mod material, but hell, half (at least) of JI would say the same of me.:D

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3800107]This is the downfall of the suburban stadium built next to major highways.
    The traffic really makes a three hour football game into an all day affair.
    I've been to games in Cleveland, Indy and Chicago where people come into the city at different times and use different routes. People go to bars in the area before and after the game and everyone goes home at different times. Here everyone's using a few different in and out routes together. This is exactly why more teams have been building in cities rather than suburbs, suburban arenas and stadiums were an 80's failure.

Throw in the expensive tickets and why bother with the aggravation.[/QUOTE]

Totally right on all counts.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;3800127]please... that knucklehead would have banned half the hamper... Even if you may not agree with WF at least he lets you call him out on it.[/QUOTE]

he kept this place running like a clock

it was tough love...but he was good.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3800071]Why not?

If nothing else, it's gotten the loss off everyone mind for brief milisecond, unifier the Hamper clans, and put "Kill the Fish, Defend the Doots!" on their minds instead.

I'm brilliant that way, far better than all you Hamper people and your phailstrip mockumentery threads.

;)[/QUOTE]

And I still like you.

[QUOTE=FF2®;3800147]And I still like you.[/QUOTE]

And if you post again, you will be permabanned.

Until at LEAST 5 minutes form now.