Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manning's refuses to sign a contract till the off-season

Manning's refuses to sign a contract till the off-season

Manning's refusal to sign a contract till the off-season making him a free agent...
    opening up a possibility of a Lebron James master move in the NFL..
    Link.. refusal to sign
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...urn=nfl-281812

Clearly Manning is dissatisfied about something not signing his contract....
    Peyton Manning to New York Jets???
    Its possible folks

Why would he stay on a team that will sit him down again while going undefeated???
    Why stay on one of the lowest paid teams???
    Why not seek one of the better defenses minds??
    Why not follow a Lebron James move??? It will clearly pay off for Lebron James??? And Peyton Manning...
    Why not join a proven defensive genius like Rex Ryan????

It makes perfect sense for Peyton Manning to move on if he could and bring his offense coordinator and find a strong defensive team.... the New York Jets...
    It makes sense

Peyton Manning to the Patriots.

Two QB sets with Brady and Manning.

HOLY ****

All League
    See dump.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    See dump.
    It did get dumped, I put it in the true hilarious way... but did not cut the rules....
    I hope the new post does.....

It's a very legit possibility.... Manning leaving the Colts

sign this beast

All League
    I would cut Sanchez tomorrow if we could sign Manning next year.

Will get good value for Sanchez....
    San Francisco will be interested and other teams...I think he has done well..

I do like him

Pipe dream. It will never happen.

Too much money tied up in $anchez. There may not be a cap this year, but you'd better believe that the cap will be back.

Peyton will remain in Indy.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by cedk View Post
    It did get dumped, I put it in the true hilarious way... but did not cut the rules....
    I hope the new post does.....

It's a very legit possibility.... Manning leaving the Colts
    Ever heard of the franchise tag? He's not leaving.

is this serious....

Jets Insider VIP
    Is this a reincarnation of that "They call me Mr. Satire" nerd?

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Ever heard of the franchise tag? He's not leaving.
    Two first rounder's... may get one back for Sanchez....

It's worth it....

He is not happy... I think it's the coach and playing for a team that is not interested in going undefeated.....

That's one of many reasons

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Manning's refusal to sign a contract till the off-season making him a free agent...
    opening up a possibility of a Lebron James master move in the NFL..
    Link.. refusal to sign
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...urn=nfl-281812

Clearly Manning is dissatisfied about something not signing his contract....
    Its possible folks

Why would he stay on a team that will sit him down again while going undefeated???
    Why stay on one of the lowest paid teams???
    Why not seek one of the better defenses minds??
    Why not follow a Lebron James move??? It will clearly pay off for Lebron James??? And Peyton Manning...
    Why not join a proven defensive genius like Rex Ryan????

It makes perfect sense for Peyton Manning to move on if he could and bring his offense coordinator and find a strong defensive team.... the New York Jets...
    It makes sense
    So you think Clyde Christensen is responsible for Peytons success?? Peyton calls what he wants when he wants..

Quote Originally Posted by chrebetCT1192 View Post
    is this serious....
    Dead serious..... he is not happy..

And professional players are learning such moves are better for their career.... plus teams do it to them all the time

It makes up all the sense in the world for Peyton Manning... if he finds a team that is the right fit

Rex Ryan and the New York Jets are a good fit
    It is a dream a long shot but may be more possible than you think

Frankly, I don't understand why he would stay there.. may not go to Jets.. he always carries

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So you think Clyde Christensen is responsible for Peytons success?? Peyton calls what he wants when he wants..
    Manning's definitely responsible for his own success..... Clyde would be a bonus just because they work well together...

I think Manning wanted him as head coach.. thought he deserved it and earned it..

If anything he'll go to like Minny or something like that. Its a dome and he can still rack up his stats and he'll have a crazy amount of offensive talent still. NFC which is more wide open than AFC, no weather issues at home, good enough defensive talent, not new york so there's a lot less pressure. Guys we are not the NY Knicks of Football we don't need this guy and we shouldn't try to go hard after him at all. The knicks put all their eggs in one basket for lebron and ended up flat. We shouldn't even consider this unless he actually reaches out to us and even then still be glass half empty about this. Get this out of your heads now. Don't trade him to the Jets on your Madden game and etc it will only make it worse and then have you dogging Sanchez for not being Peyton, We're 5-2 which is the same record Indy has and we were one game away from the superbowl last year with this team. No need to focus on anything else but the guys we have around us now. We're more than capable.

Lets not forget that Peyton threw a pick 6 in the superbowl that pretty much ended the game. With Sanchez as our QB in big games we don't need to try and air it out with anybody and shoot ourselves in the foot.

Just my casual opinion, but my read on this is that Manning is not too happy with Caldwell as a coach, but Manning knows that as long as he stays the QB in Indy the team will win enough games to preserve Caldwell's job. As a free agent, he can marry up with the guy who has a philosophy that he buys into.

I'm sure the Colts will have the cash to keep him around, so if it's not a money thing, what other reasons would Manning have for leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    If anything he'll go to like Minny or something like that. Its a dome and he can still rack up his stats and he'll have a crazy amount of offensive talent still. NFC which is more wide open than AFC, no weather issues at home, good enough defensive talent, not new york so there's a lot less pressure. Guys we are not the NY Knicks of Football we don't need this guy and we shouldn't try to go hard after him at all. The knicks put all their eggs in one basket for lebron and ended up flat. We shouldn't even consider this unless he actually reaches out to us and even then still be glass half empty about this. Get this out of your heads now. Don't trade him to the Jets on your Madden game and etc it will only make it worse and then have you dogging Sanchez for not being Peyton, We're 5-2 which is the same record Indy has and we were one game away from the superbowl last year with this team. No need to focus on anything else but the guys we have around us now. We're more than capable.

Lets not forget that Peyton threw a pick 6 in the superbowl that pretty much ended the game. With Sanchez as our QB in big games we don't need to try and air it out with anybody and shoot ourselves in the foot.
    Most of what you said I agree with....
    though you don't want the NFC... it's best to be in a more competitive league... Minnesota is still a good choice...

We do have a Super Bowl team now... and next year.... I agree!!!!!
    It would be best if this was posted at the end of the year, but Manning not signing force me to post now....

This possibility of Manning leaving Indy is real....

I think he should....

Yes we have a great chances without him.... for years to come....but wow if we could pull this off....

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Its possible folks
    No, it's not. Less than 0% chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Just my casual opinion, but my read on this is that Manning is not too happy with Caldwell as a coach, but Manning knows that as long as he stays the QB in Indy the team will win enough games to preserve Caldwell's job. As a free agent, he can marry up with the guy who has a philosophy that he buys into.

I'm sure the Colts will have the cash to keep him around, so if it's not a money thing, what other reasons would Manning have for leaving?
    Number one I think you're right it's the coach... he doesn't seem to have the drive that Manning does

Having to play for a coach that may sit him down if they had another undefeated season may be too much for his competitive nature....

Another reason to leave his team is that other teams spend more money for quality players....
    also for him to go to an awesome defense of team seems logical..