Thread: The Two Faces of the Tea Party in Election 2010

JetsInsider.com Legend

The Two Faces of the Tea Party in Election 2010

On one hand, their passion and activism clearly drove the 2010 election, and was THE major factor in ushering in the Republican victory (some might say domination).

On the other hand, the Tea Party Candidates themselves.......almost across the board, were crushed.

For those who believe in the real message of teh Tea Party, is this the worst possible outcome? Standard Issue Republiccrats win all over the place, but the real dedicated Tea Party folks all crash and burn, thus (in some ways, and to some eyes) dismissing the Tea Party, while bolstering the Grand "Old" Party's traditional (i.e. establishment) ideals?

A very interesting election, no doubt about it. Not quite sure it's the big win some think it is, especially those who really want to see a change back to lower spending, less Government, more return to Constitutional limitations, etc, etc.

Will be a vital two years, for all three parties, (D), (R) and (T/R).

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    On one hand, their passion and activism clearly drove the 2010 election, and was THE major factor in ushering in the Republican victory (some might say domination).

On the other hand, the Tea Party Candidates themselves.......almost across the board, were crushed.

For those who believe in the real message of teh Tea Party, is this the worst possible outcome? Standard Issue Republiccrats win all over the place, but the real dedicated Tea Party folks all crash and burn, thus (in some ways, and to some eyes) dismissing the Tea Party, while bolstering the Grand "Old" Party's traditional (i.e. establishment) ideals?

A very interesting election, no doubt about it. Not quite sure it's the big win some think it is, especially those who really want to see a change back to lower spending, less Government, more return to Constitutional limitations, etc, etc.

not in the house or state legislatures....

Hall Of Fame

John Boner promised to listen to TP-backed candidates that did get elected, so there's that.

(yes, mispelling intentional)

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    John Boner promised to listen to TP-backed candidates that did get elected, so there's that.

(yes, mispelling intentional)

All Pro
    Across the board ??

All League
    Across the water board?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    things from simpler times translate funny today (see recent death of Barbara Billingsly)

All Pro
    very weak anal-ysis given that one party crushed the other nationwide and that party was revitalized by & large by the TPers

(aka (Conservative (R) (D) and (I) leaning (R) )

(although that influence was completely unnecessary had everyone voted with their brains instead of falling like rubes for good intentions and false promises 2 years and many wasted trillions ago)

GOP & GOP-TP candidates everywhere at all levels rolled to victory -
    no party will win every seat in our system but it was a rout pure and
    simple

ultimately the MSM-demonized TP "kooks" (who lost narrowly in many cases) losses in DE, NV & NY were just as loss-y as more "sane" candidates like Whitman and Fiorina, especially in lavender-blue strongholds

according to MSM - that's a failure

long established (D) like Fool's gold, Blue Skelton and "Obama's Seat" going (R) not a peep. libs like John Hall losing - you could hear a pin drop

teh fringe candidates and non-voters are what they are -
    "independents" who didn't vote (D) or (R) and only a few % of the electorate.

enough to turn a close election but what do they care-they'd
    rather have (D) and complain about the quality of (R)

if you're in that fringe, i say keep on being your dependable ol' emo 1% selfs and keep hoping for the godless dystopian America that will never be

your version that is...(D) has their own dystopia in full swing

special kudos to brooklyn bound and gagged - he didn't vote because Ron Paul or his offsping didn't run in NY

special special kudos to those so much smarter than everyone else
    that couldn't vote because of some legal nicety they overlooked
    the irony is palpable

to everyone else who didn't vote - the SEIU, UAW, ACLU, Acorn, La Raza, B. Hussein Motors, George Soros etc. etc. thank you from the bottom
    of their dark hearts

all the dead, felons, and illegals who did vote are envious of your "principles"

i have my reservations about some of these folks of course-
    in particular i wouldn't trust rubio to be against shamnesty
    or kruger-rand paul for a strong military

i'm enjoying the victory...for now