Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 37%ers??

Veteran

37%ers??

what is it? not familiar with the term

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money View Post
    I believe it's Obama's approval rating....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    its fictional. Unless im reading this wrong the lowest it ever has been was 41%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/ga...-approval.aspx

it should be also noted that the "approval ratings" for Republicans and Democrats (as a group) are almost identical... 41 and 43 percent respectively.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Gallup is not the only polling organization measuring job approval ratings.

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/Hi_...tPageNews.html

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    Gallup is not the only polling organization measuring job approval ratings.

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/Hi_...tPageNews.html
    even if we accept the numbers as real... for the sake of argument... Reagan had numbers in the low 30s before bouncing back to a land slide re-election.

Nixon and Bush had numbers in the 20's before crapping out. Saying someone is a 37%er is not exactly a biting criticism. it's 4 out of 10 people within margin of error.

If Obama was a 21% or 11% approval rating, fair enough. 37% is a non-insult.

It should also be noted that George H W Bush never had approval numbers below 45% or so and he was an 1 term Prez.

All Pro
    even if we accept the numbers as real... for the sake of argument... Reagan had numbers in the low 30s before bouncing back to a land slide re-election.

Nixon and Bush had numbers in the 20's before crapping out. Saying someone is a 37%er is not exactly a biting criticism. it's 4 out of 10 people within margin of error.

If Obama was a 21% or 11% approval rating, fair enough. 37% is a non-insult.

It should also be noted that George H W Bush never had approval numbers below 45% or so and he was an 1 term Prez.
    He asked a question....I simply answered it.

I lived thru all that..I don't need a history lesson.

Hall Of Fame
    Saying someone is a 37%er is not exactly a biting criticism...
    I'm pretty sure CB started using the term here because a bunch of us called him a "27%er" a few years ago.

Turnabout is fair play. I'll give him that

JetsInsider.com Legend

maybe i need a lesson in who the heck harris interactive is and why they are better than gallup

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money View Post
    It's the tax rate on a 4 yr old who gets $100 in birthday money if we don't stop this tax and spend administration.

All Pro
    maybe i need a lesson in who the heck harris interactive is and why they are better than gallup
    I didn't see anyone say they were better..or worse...than Gallup.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It's the tax rate on a 4 yr old who gets $100 in birthday money if we don't stop this tax and spend administration.
    Taxes have been cut under the Obama administration.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Taxes have been cut under the Obama administration.
    No they haven't. Look out your window, bro. The entire country looks like a scene from a zombie movie. Stores are empty, cities deserted. It's chaos, man...chaos. I just got done looting a Best Buy but only managed to get a toaster because all corporations stopped making TV's and stuff due to OBummers 11,000,000% tax rate an anyone who doesn't collect foodstamps.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

Turnabout is fair play. I'll give him that
    I always thought that was kind of ghey expression. You made it worse with "I'll give him that".

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    No they haven't. Look out your window, bro. The entire country looks like a scene from a zombie movie. Stores are empty, cities deserted. It's chaos, man...chaos. I just got done looting a Best Buy but only managed to get a toaster because all corporations stopped making TV's and stuff due to OBummers 11,000,000% tax rate an anyone who doesn't collect foodstamps.
    Looks like we got another bailout supporter.

Didn't you know? The patriotic thing to do was to let the country fail.

But now I'm angry about jobs... because thwarting off a depression, which I disagreed with in the first place, did not succeed quick enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

it was kewl when they threw "fictional" numbers at GWB- now its not right when done to obama...

just as it was kewl to call GWB an international war criminal...strike that- it wasn't kewl is was called patriotic dissent...

refer to ayatollah obama by his middle name and its' both hateful and racist...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-03-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/ga...-approval.aspx

it should be also noted that the "approval ratings" for Republicans and Democrats (as a group) are almost identical... 41 and 43 percent respectively.

fiction- that would be believing the voting trends from last night would parallel the trends of 2006....lol

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    fiction- that would be believing the voting trends from last night would parallel the trends of 2006....lol
    It is amazing how powerful the Tea Party has become and all of the great things they have promised for the future. They are going to "CHANGE" how the gov't works! You really are believing in this CHANGEY thing!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    It is amazing how powerful the Tea Party has become and all of the great things they have promised for the future. They are going to "CHANGE" how the gov't works! You really are believing in this CHANGEY thing!
    Last night solidified the notion of voter mentality when it comes to the House. Cut it anyway you want but most people stick with Democrat senators but would rather see republican representatives.

Feingold got outspent 3:1 and nobody saw Sestak winning PA. Everything else was lock step

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Last night solidified the notion of voter mentality when it comes to the House. Cut it anyway you want but most people stick with Democrat senators but would rather see republican representatives.

Feingold got outspent 3:1 and nobody saw Sestak winning PA. Everything else was lock step
    So are you saying the Dems will control the Senate in 2012?

It simply isn't likely...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    So are you saying the Dems will control the Senate in 2012?

It simply isn't likely...
    The victories tonight by the Republicans (like it was for the Dems in 06 until now) Is both a blessing and a curse. Everyone will be fawning over the numbers they gained in the house and the seats they took in the senate. But this will also move the magnifying glass onto the republicans, if they don't produce, the simplest of minds will blame THEM for not changing anything. It's unfair but it's how it works. In the voters eyes, it is the Republicans turns.

The republicans managed to take out 3 Dem Senators (Including Brown's victory) with all the momentum they had over the passed 2 years.

Of the 60-65 seats in the house that republicans took from Democrats, 22-25 of them were moderate Blue Dogs.

If voters don't see results, then expect public opinion to change yet again. But nothing is set in stone... you just have to assume how simple the voters mind is (think goldfish)