Thread: Do you still miss David Lee?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you still miss David Lee?

His average is 10.7 ppg but I think he is coming back from a thumb injury. Time will tell Stoudamaire vs Lee debate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stoudemire is definitely a better player, but I'm not going to judge Lee on just a few games. I will give Lee a nice ovation when he returns to the Garden. One of the few bright spots on this team in the last decade.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Stoudemire is definitely a better player, but I'm not going to judge Lee on just a few games. I will give Lee a nice ovation when he returns to the Garden. One of the few bright spots on this team in the last decade.
    Do you watch live games at the Garden? You are so damn lucky!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 82nd Airborne View Post
    Do you watch live games at the Garden? You are so damn lucky!
    Not many, but my father gets a handful of games each season from a friend of his. If not for that, I would probably get to the Garden once a year, if at all. I always see them live when they are at the Nets, where I can get tickets off of Stubhub for peanuts. If you live in the area check that out. I just bought 6 tickets for my friends and I at the Prudential Center for the February 12 game for $3.50 a piece. We're going to take the train to the game so we're looking at like 10 bucks per person for the entire night. Great deal to see a professional basketball game.

P.S. haven't been very lucky to see them for quite a while. Seems like they lose every game I've been to, many of them being blowouts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really wanted Lee to stay. Just have him clean the boards all night and only take 6 shots. That would have been cool as hell and free'd up Amare. That said, I am THRILLED with the play of Ronnie Turiaf. All hustle. Points, steals, blocked shots, boards, you name it, he does it. I just wish D'Antoni would increase his minutes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    I really wanted Lee to stay. Just have him clean the boards all night and only take 6 shots. That would have been cool as hell and free'd up Amare. That said, I am THRILLED with the play of Ronnie Turiaf. All hustle. Points, steals, blocked shots, boards, you name it, he does it. I just wish D'Antoni would increase his minutes.
    The money used to keep Lee can potentially be used to get a better player. His point and rebound totals were augmented by him being on such a lousy team. He's not a great rebounder or defensive player.

I do agree on Turiaf. Nothing flashy at all, but he is a nice scrappy player off the bench.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no way David Lee is worth $80 million. I know he had an excellent statistical season last yr but he was playing for a contract on a team that had nobody. David Lee is 12 pts, 10 rebounds and no defense. The Warriors thought that was worth $80 million plus also giving us Anthony Randolph and Ronny Turiaf. That's why they've sucked most of the past 15 years.

Amare gives the Knicks their first offensive big man since Ewing (6'7 ball-hog Randolph and fat Eddy don't count) plus he makes them an infinitely more desirable destination for Carmelo and Chris Paul.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is great watching Amare but we need to keep other players involved and if he is doubled and tripled he needs to find other people to step up. I most defintely wanted Lebron but watching Amare so far has been a nice change. If we can just get Carmelo somehow, David Lee will be long forgotten even though he was the brightest spot on this team for the last few years. I also think wilson Chandler will continue to blossom!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is bad, Golden State beating us (w/Lee) at home.