Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2012: Same Old (R) Faces?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Election 2012: Same Old (R) Faces?

After listening to a radio show (local) this morning on 2012, I wonder....

.....will Conservatives/Republicans/Tea Partiers be dissapointed in the GOP puts forth the same old, same old candidates in 2012?

Mitt Romney? Huckabee? Guliani? PALIN? Heavn save us, McCain in any form other than his announced retirement?

Am I the only one who wants nothing to do with ANY of these guys in 2012, or anywhere near the Presidential Election?

Just curious how the (R) leaners round here feel.

Banned
    Mitt Romney.

Hall Of Fame
    I wish.

Hall Of Fame
    Obama will get re-elected if the GOP recycles those same candidates.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Obama will get re-elected if the GOP recycles those same candidates.
    I agree.

That is.....if Hillary doesn't unseat him in the Primaries, and I am convinced she can. If she chooses to, and if he doesn't convince her to be his VP instead.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I agree.

That is.....if Hillary doesn't unseat him in the Primaries, and I am convinced she can. If she chooses to, and if he doesn't convince her to be his VP instead.
    It would be inronic if that would happen, considering she tried to get healthcare done when she was the 1st lady.

Charter JI Member

.....will Conservatives/Republicans/Tea Partiers be dissapointed in the GOP puts forth the same old, same old candidates in 2012?

Mitt Romney? Huckabee? Guliani? PALIN? Heavn save us, McCain in any form other than his announced retirement?

Am I the only one who wants nothing to do with ANY of these guys in 2012, or anywhere near the Presidential Election?

new faces please...

I'm interested to see what comes of Marco Rubio, BO swept the nation after two years, let's see if he can become a national candidate.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    new faces please...

I'm interested to see what comes of Marco Rubio, BO swept the nation after two years, let's see if he can become a national candidate.
    No more Senators, please. We need a governor next time around, IMHO, Republican, Democrat or otherwise.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    No more Senators, please. We need a governor next time around, IMHO, Republican, Democrat or otherwise.
    Keep an eye on this guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Republican party will not be winning back the White House until they nominate a candidate who is young and Charismatic and is middle of the road. Being extreme to the right wont win over the masses.

Election politics is nothing more than sales and marketing. The charismatic guy is going to sell it to the people.

I love Rudi, but dont think he is going to be able to sell the masses on him.

Enough of nominating Old Farts, thats not what the American People want.

Hall Of Fame
    Chris Christie will run. Chris Christie will win. Bank on it.

Hall Of Fame

Romney could win. Jindal might be a viable candidate. And Christie is probably the most dangerous to Obama. Huckabee and Giuliani wouldn't stand a chance.

And Palin would be an unmitigated disaster for the Republican party - independents would swing Democrat by a huge margin. But that might be what the party ends up with, if the mid-term primaries are any indication.

All League

I actually heard Mitt Romney speak last night at the Pierre Hotel at a dinner I attended- no notes & he absolutely killed it. He was awesome & I am on board for Mitt in 2012. What's his downside? The Mass. healthcare debacle, which he will admit was wrong? He was a great Governor who founded Bain Capital & knows how economics works. He destroyed Obama last night- he would wipe the floor with him in a debate.

Someone needs to tell me why Romney isnt the perfect candidate for the Republicans in 2012

He also saved the Salt Lake City Olympics in 2002 - actually turned a 100mm profit

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Someone needs to tell me why Romney isnt the perfect candidate for the Republicans in 2012
    Mormonism.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Romney could win.
    I disagree.

He is too slick, too mormon and too tied to Obamacarelight (for the right) and business (for the left). He's also not particularly inspiring charismaticly, to those outside his base.

He's also too "same old", like the others I mentioned. He and Huckabee would do more damage to each other and the cause by simply being in the race against each other.

And Christie is probably the most dangerous to Obama.
    Lol. Fat President? No chance.

I'm telling you right now (bad predictor I may be), if any of these same-old, same-old get the nomination, Obama gets a second term. Including Mitt Romney.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

not to sway from the topic here, but since everyone is talking about obama's re-election, how do we know he will be the dim candidate in 2012???

even the WaPost published articles, as recently as last week, with dims saying obama should not go unchallenged for the 2012 bid if he continues on his disaterous path....i believe former PA gov Rendell has also publically stated as much...the dims are running away from obama, not towards him...and now clinton has been forced into making a public statement that she's not seeking a presidential bid in '12....where there's smoke...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    It would be inronic if that would happen, considering she tried to get healthcare done when she was the 1st lady.
    She won't push that agenda, she just wants to be the first cun, er, I mean, the first WOMAN president. I truly believe if she wins one term will be enough for her. It's about self gratification, and having her mug on a coin.

All League
    Gov. Gary Johnson

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    I actually heard Mitt Romney speak last night at the Pierre Hotel at a dinner I attended- no notes & he absolutely killed it. He was awesome & I am on board for Mitt in 2012. What's his downside? The Mass. healthcare debacle, which he will admit was wrong? He was a great Governor who founded Bain Capital & knows how economics works. He destroyed Obama last night- he would wipe the floor with him in a debate.

He also saved the Salt Lake City Olympics in 2002 - actually turned a 100mm profit
    I wish he'd have won the nomination in 2008.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    I wish he'd have won the nomination in 2008.
    I agree, and the fact that he couldn't beat McCain is cause for concern going forward. However, with the state of the Republican Party in '08, I don't think anyone stood a chance. Frankly, I'm looking ahead to 2016 for someone like Marco Rubio or Paul Ryan - the young bucks who will put a fresh face on the Party. Sadly, I think the Clintons take back the White House in 2012 after Barack is sent packing in the primaries.