Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Drake Nevis

  1. #1

    Drake Nevis

    Looked like a solid 1st round pick vs. Bama today...watch him f up Florida pretty good, too. In fact, I like Kelvin Sheppard a lot, too.

    BTW, James Carpenter is underrated. He mauls people...

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Looked like a solid 1st round pick vs. Bama today...watch him f up Florida pretty good, too. In fact, I like Kelvin Sheppard a lot, too.

    BTW, James Carpenter is underrated. He mauls people...
    nevis is the fastest rising senior DL....5th rounder coming into the year and now a solid second round pick....Al Woods type of rise X2

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,465
    good player, but not for this team

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    nevis is the fastest rising senior DL....5th rounder coming into the year and now a solid second round pick....Al Woods type of rise X2
    I never liked Woods- always had this air of underachievement about him.

    Nevis is lightning quick though, great fit as a 3T in the 25-50 range.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    good player, but not for this team
    agreed- sederick ellis, one gap type DT...

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    I never liked Woods- always had this air of underachievement about him.

    Nevis is lightning quick though, great fit as a 3T in the 25-50 range.
    never was a big fan myself but he flew up boards the two months prior to April...

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    never was a big fan myself but he flew up boards the two months prior to April...
    and has already been cut by two teams

  8. #8
    I fell in love watching him play that game yesterday. He just had an incredible game, against Alabama no less.

    But yeah, probably doesn't fit a 3-4.

    Thing is though, I'd be careful when it comes to strictly considering this defense a 3-4. We actually play more snaps with 4 down lineman then 3 down lineman it seems, and Rex would play any defense under the sun if he thought it would get him a stop. Baltimore played both fronts during his time there. I don't think you can rule out a scenario where we take a 4-3 lineman like Nevis, and play more 4 man fronts if Rex thinks that is his best option.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    good player, but not for this team
    Iunno...He's not dissimilar to Luis Castillo as a prospect. I'm a fan so I'm not 100% against him in this system.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    I could see him as a pass rushing specialist inside on third down, something we really dont have right now...

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Iunno...He's not dissimilar to Luis Castillo as a prospect. I'm a fan so I'm not 100% against him in this system.
    Castillo had much better size and growth potential....Nevis is not even 6'1''...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Castillo had much better size and growth potential....Nevis is not even 6'1''...
    Damn, then statement firmly retracted.

    That said, I rarely like a pure 4-3 DT, but Nevis is one I do like. I'm sure some 3-4 team might give him a look as a Myron Pryor type if he fell out of the first 3 rounds.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 11-09-2010 at 04:14 PM.

  13. #13
    Id rather see us go DE then DT in the 1st round.

    Allen Bailey from Miami has played both DE and DT in college and could be a nice edge rusher for us from the DE position. Not a grinder-type 3-4 end, but big enough to play that position for Rex.

    Wouldnt mind seeing Mark Herzlich in the 2nd either. Went to BC, so being a bit of a homer, but the kid will be down due to his leg, and is perfect for the 3-4 as he can rush the passer, and is excellent in coverage.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    BTW, James Carpenter is underrated. He mauls people...
    100% true, this is the player I am most looking forward to seeing at the Senior Bow.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us