Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lighter side of Christie..........

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Lighter side of Christie..........

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Outstanding.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't know - both sides of Christie look kind of heavy.

Good stuff.

Christie is going to make a career over making Democrats look like vindictive idiots.

Here's the Inspector General of the United States (Team Obama) going after Christie for excessive travel costs.

Literally going back years to make accusations of wasting hundreds of dollars - not even thousands, but hundreds of dollars - and it's clearly disputable.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...a-against-repu

Unbelievable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Good stuff.

Christie is going to make a career over making Democrats look like vindictive idiots.

Here's the Inspector General of the United States (Team Obama) going after Christie for excessive travel costs.

Literally going back years to make accusations of wasting hundreds of dollars - not even thousands, but hundreds of dollars - and it's clearly disputable.

Unbelievable.
    And here's a lib that bought it hook, line & sinker...

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=221066

Hall Of Fame
    Good stuff.

Unbelievable.
    OIG for the DOJ is not a political playground.

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    OIG for the DOJ is not a political playground.
    Riiiiight.

But next time find a case that someone, anyone, will truly get angry over.

Here's a governor literally slashing a budget by billions and there is a 3 year investigation of a he-said/she-said $200 overcharge in a hotel?

Anyone who thinks these charges have teeth is a f'ing idiot.

It is going to give him the floor to point out how petty and ridiculous his detractors are.

No offense, but there have been similar parallels here on JI over this governor.

Hall Of Fame
    Riiiiight.

But next time find a case that someone, anyone, will truly get angry over.

Here's a governor literally slashing a budget by billions and there is a 3 year investigation of a he-said/she-said $200 overcharge in a hotel?

Anyone who thinks these charges have teeth is a f'ing idiot.

It is going to give him the floor to point out how petty and ridiculous his detractors are.

No offense, but there have been similar parallels here on JI over this governor.
    Do you understand the job of a OIG? Gov't travel is a very scrutinized thing for obvious reasons, no where in the report does it state it was criminal. He was outside of the guidelines, he would be the one who would decline travel for his employees if they could not give a very good reason why they could not stay within the DOJ travel guidelines.

Hall Of Fame
    You see how the guy spent the entire time talking about money and sh*t...not god and family "values" and gays?

'Bout time one of these Republicans started acting like a normal f*cking person...

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    You see how the guy spent the entire time talking about money and sh*t...not god and family "values" and gays?

'Bout time one of these Republicans started acting like a normal f*cking person...
    He's the real deal.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Since you brought it up, here are some sketchy political moves made by Governor Christie:

His brother Todd spread hundreds of thousands of dollars around the Republican Party in the year Chris Christie became United State Attorney.

nytimes.com/

Christie gave his ex-boss John Ashcroft’s firm a $50 million no bid contract to act as a Federal Monitor.

nj.com

Christie Took political advice from Carl Rove while working as US attorney. Many believe this is in violation of the Hatch Act.

northjersey.com

He appointed his top aide Ralph Marra as the council to the NJ sports and exposition authority at a salary of $195,000 per year. Governor Christie political MO is to rail against anyone in state government having a greater salary than he does. Governor Christie makes $175,000 per year.

northjersey.com

And I saved the best for last:
    Governor Christie’s ex-driver collects a state pension ($90k) and a state salary ($115k). The Governor placed his pal on the state parole board

blog.nj.com

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    ]

Governor Christie’s ex-driver collects a state pension ($90k) and a state salary ($115k). The Governor placed his pal on the state parole board

blog.nj.com
    Just to be clear, are you suggesting that someone shouldn't be allowed to carry a state pension and state salary at the same time?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Just to be clear, are you suggesting that someone shouldn't be allowed to carry a state pension and state salary at the same time?
    I didn't think you were allowed to do it.

Hall Of Fame
    I didn't think you were allowed to do it.
    I found this. http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...pass-committee Apparently it applies only to elected officials. So it's not illegal or "sketchy." But I guess Buster is still griding that axe.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I found this. http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...pass-committee Apparently it applies only to elected officials. So it's not illegal or "sketchy." But I guess Buster is still griding that axe.
    I know as a federal employee you can not do it and in the City of Philadelphia as well. NJ taxes baby!!!!

All League
    Since you brought it up, here are some sketchy political moves made by Governor Christie:

His brother Todd spread hundreds of thousands of dollars around the Republican Party in the year Chris Christie became United State Attorney.

nytimes.com/

Christie gave his ex-boss John Ashcroft’s firm a $50 million no bid contract to act as a Federal Monitor.

nj.com

Christie Took political advice from Carl Rove while working as US attorney. Many believe this is in violation of the Hatch Act.

northjersey.com

He appointed his top aide Ralph Marra as the council to the NJ sports and exposition authority at a salary of $195,000 per year. Governor Christie political MO is to rail against anyone in state government having a greater salary than he does. Governor Christie makes $175,000 per year.

northjersey.com

blog.nj.com
    I guess you have no problem with comrade Pelosi racking up a 100k liquor tab on her flights. no prob, right? because she's not FAT
    Last edited by acepepe; 11-10-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Do you understand the job of a OIG? Gov't travel is a very scrutinized thing for obvious reasons, no where in the report does it state it was criminal. He was outside of the guidelines, he would be the one who would decline travel for his employees if they could not give a very good reason why they could not stay within the DOJ travel guidelines.
    Do you understand sour grapes?

All League
    This guy should run for President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkuTm-ON904

I don't care if he's Republican, he's got stones and isn't full of sh*t.

JetsFan2012

nytimes.com/

nj.com

northjersey.com

northjersey.com

blog.nj.com

lol... it's amusing to me how much you hate this guy

Hall Of Fame
    Do you understand sour grapes?
    You can say anything you want about the release of the report, but that does not take away from the substance within the report. DOJ has policy and Christie chose to ignore it. Pretty simple and not the end of the world.