Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: I'm Just Thinking...Which DE do we pick first in 2011?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,646

    I'm Just Thinking...Which DE do we pick first in 2011?

    Don't hang me out to dry here...I think we have to go DE early in the 2011 draft to bolster this pass rush....who are we looking to target?

  2. #2
    its week 9 and we are 6-2, first place in the division and best record in the NFL and you want to talk draft?????????????

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    its week 9 and we are 6-2, first place in the division and best record in the NFL and you want to talk draft?????????????
    Let me elaborate...

    I don't watch a lot of college FB and I was wondering if anyone had an answer to our pass rush problems...

    take it easy.

  4. #4
    I'm not sure the draft is the way to go.

    It seems to me that it's almost impossible to find good 3-4 defensive lineman in the draft - not enough teams run a 3-4 in college ball and it's almost impossible to predict how these great edge pass rushers in college will adapt to a professional 3-4 defense (which is why I don't blame the Jets for drafting Vernon Gholston).

    I'd look around the league and try to trade for an up and coming defensive end, or sign another free agent. But...someone who's not over the hill like Jayson Taylor.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    I'm not sure the draft is the way to go.

    It seems to me that it's almost impossible to find good 3-4 defensive lineman in the draft - not enough teams run a 3-4 in college ball and it's almost impossible to predict how these great edge pass rushers in college will adapt to a professional 3-4 defense (which is why I don't blame the Jets for drafting Vernon Gholston).

    I'd look around the league and try to trade for an up and coming defensive end, or sign another free agent. But...someone who's not over the hill like Jayson Taylor.
    Very fair. thanks for treating the issue in a serious and respectful manner...we clearly need help rushing the passer and I am curious what our options will be once this season is over.

  6. #6
    It's way too early since we don't know where we're picking, who is picking above us, and the combined hasn't happened. Having said that, I think we go DE, OLB, S in the 1st round. We'll see.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by how dare you View Post
    It's way too early since we don't know where we're picking, who is picking above us, and the combined hasn't happened. Having said that, I think we go DE, OLB, S in the 1st round. We'll see.
    all valid points...

    I guess I just should have asked who the best DEs who are coming out this year are....looks like its a very deep draft for the DE position

  8. #8

    Talking

    how bout we trade the 32 pick to the steelers for woodley.

  9. #9
    this is a nice thread for the draft forum but since you asked the Jets dream prospect is probably Cameron Heyward from Ohio State. Big, strong, tough at 3-4 DE type of player, with a little pass rush. there are actually a ton of DE/DT types this year... robert quinn unc, Adrian Clayborn, iowa, allan bailey miami, jj watt wisconsin, marcel dareus alabama, ryan kerrigan purdue etc

    but all that being said... rex can turn mike devito and sione pouha into great players, why does he need a 1st round DT/DE? They might go first round WR or DB instead.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    this is a nice thread for the draft forum but since you asked the Jets dream prospect is probably Cameron Heyward from Ohio State. Big, strong, tough at 3-4 DE type of player, with a little pass rush. there are actually a ton of DE/DT types this year... robert quinn unc, Adrian Clayborn, iowa, allan bailey miami, jj watt wisconsin, marcel dareus alabama, ryan kerrigan purdue etc

    but all that being said... rex can turn mike devito and sione pouha into great players, why does he need a 1st round DT/DE? They might go first round WR or DB instead.
    fair enough....safety?

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    gainesville ga
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    this is a nice thread for the draft forum but since you asked the Jets dream prospect is probably Cameron Heyward from Ohio State. Big, strong, tough at 3-4 DE type of player, with a little pass rush. there are actually a ton of DE/DT types this year... robert quinn unc, Adrian Clayborn, iowa, allan bailey miami, jj watt wisconsin, marcel dareus alabama, ryan kerrigan purdue etc

    but all that being said... rex can turn mike devito and sione pouha into great players, why does he need a 1st round DT/DE? They might go first round WR or DB instead.
    Oh No!! not another Ohio State DE!!!!

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,333
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    fair enough....safety?
    Safety class is very weak. Doubt their will be a player that warrants a 1st round pick where the jets will be selecting.

    Also in our D the pass rush is supposed to come from our LB's, so if the Jets are looking for a pass rusher it will be a OLB.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhuntr View Post
    Oh No!! not another Ohio State DE!!!!
    nick mangold is from Ohio State, they aint all bad.

    heywards father is Ironhead Heyward (RIP) the saints fullback

    there's also a guy Cameron Jordan from Cal, very much under radar, 6'4" 280+ pounder, a shaun ellis type... his father was a pro bowl tight end, Steve Jordan.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by stackhouse View Post
    how bout we trade the 32 pick to the steelers for woodley.
    I'd love to steal some of the Steelers college scouts...for the most part those guys are money

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    I'd love to steal some of the Steelers college scouts...for the most part those guys are money
    To be honest, the Jets have been as good or better at drafting than the Steelers.

    Steelers are one of the few other good teams with it though.

  16. #16

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    gainesville ga
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    nick mangold is from Ohio State, they aint all bad.

    heywards father is Ironhead Heyward (RIP) the saints fullback

    there's also a guy Cameron Jordan from Cal, very much under radar, 6'4" 280+ pounder, a shaun ellis type... his father was a pro bowl tight end, Steve Jordan.
    I was talking about Gholston....you know the sack specialist we got from them a few years ago.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Don't hang me out to dry here...I think we have to go DE early in the 2011 draft to bolster this pass rush....who are we looking to target?
    Probably nobody - we're getting Pitoitua back and have young depth at the bottom of the roster. We need a pass rushing OLB and a S more than a DE

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by stackhouse View Post
    how bout we trade the 32 pick to the steelers for woodley.
    Damn stole my joke.

    Who we gonna find still available at the 32nd pick anyway?

  20. #20
    Please keep Draft Threads in the Draft Forum.

    Thank you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us