Thread: Mystery Missle?

Charter JI Member

Mystery Missle?

WTF

Mystery of the California contrail

Defence department investigates video that appears to show a missile-like object shooting up into the sky
    • On the trail of the contrail: the Pentagon says a private company could have launched the object
    The US defence department today said it was trying to determine whether a missile was launched yesterday off the coast of southern California, and who may have launched it.
    Spokesmen for the navy, air force, defence department and North American Aerospace Defence Command (Norad) said they were looking into a video posted on the CBS News website. The video appears to show a rocket or some other object shooting up into the sky and leaving a large contrail over the Pacific Ocean.
    The video was shot by a KCBS helicopter, the television station said.
    Colonel Dave Lapan, speaking for the Pentagon, said: "Nobody within the department of defence that we have reached out to has been able to explain what this contrail is, where it came from. So far, we've come up empty with any explanation."
    Lapan said officials were talking to the air force, the navy and Norad as well as to the civilian authorities that control and monitor air space.
    "Right now, all indications are that there was not (department of defence) involvement in this," Lapan said, adding that an object could have been launched by a private company.
    Officials had no information to make them suspect that the action had been taken by any adversary of the US.
    "At this point, until we know more information about what it may have been, there is not alarm," Lapan said. "But that could change, depending on what we find out."

JetsFan2012
    I bet it was an accidental launch from our own military.

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I agree, which makes me wonder about that flight over LI a few years back

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I agree, which makes me wonder about that flight over LI a few years back
    Yeah, we talked about that in the conspiracy thread. I always believed TWA Flight 800 was taken down by a US missile.

Hall Of Fame
    Hate when that happens. My homeowners insurance is high enough...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Hate when that happens. My homeowners insurance is high enough...
    that's what chicks say to plumber khan when he straps on his penial extender- "where'd that mystery missle come from" ....

back to the topic....

Pentagon Can't Explain "Missile" off California
    Military Investigating Video that Shows Mystery Object Shooting into Sky

CBS/AP) The Pentagon Tuesday said it was trying to determine if a missile was launched Monday off the coast of Southern California and who might have launched it.

Spokesmen for the Navy, Air Force, Defense Department and North American Aerospace Defense Command said they were looking into a video posted on the CBS News website that appears to show a rocket or some other object shooting up into the sky and leaving a large contrail over the Pacific Ocean.

The video was shot by a CBS affiliate KCBS' helicopter, the station said Tuesday.

"Nobody within the Department of Defense that we've reached out to has been able to explain what this contrail is, where it came from," Pentagon spokesman Col. Dave Lapan said. "So far, we've come up empty with any explanation."

Lapan said officials are talking to the Air Force, Navy and NORAD as well as civilian authorities who control and monitor air space.

"Right now, all indications are that there was not (Department of Defense) involvement in this," Lapan said, adding that some object might have been launched by a private company.

CBS station KFMB showed video of the apparent missile to former U.S. Ambassador to NATO Robert Ellsworth, who is also a former Deputy Secretary of Defense, to get his thoughts.

Scroll down for KFMB video showing the launch.

"It's spectacular… It takes people's breath away," said Ellsworth, calling the projectile, "a big missile".

Officials had no information to make them suspect that the action was taken by any U.S. adversary.

"At this point, until we know more information about what it may have been, there is not alarm," Lapan said. "But that could change depending on what we find out."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...ml?tag=topnews

All League
    WOW, THE MILITARY HAS PREMATURE LAUNCH ISSUES!!!

JetsFan2012
    The coverup begins. Odd that a jet would fly straight up into the air like that, AND there would be no further explanation to support this theory, supported by evidence that like air traffic control records.

Banned
    The coverup begins. Odd that a jet would fly straight up into the air like that, AND there would be no further explanation to support this theory, supported by evidence that like air traffic control records.
    lol, I have to agree... They show the one from 2009 like this is a common theme for airplanes...

Maybe it's just a common theme for missiles

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    lol, I have to agree... They show the one from 2009 like this is a common theme for airplanes...

Maybe it's just a common theme for missiles

\

guess what the second two pictures are, shuttle launch vapor trails...I'm not convinced

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    guess what the second two pictures are, shuttle launch vapor trails...I'm not convinced
    Does NASA have a secret underwater launch site in the Pacific ocean

Hall Of Fame
    Hope that didn't f up the Catalina Wine Mixer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs0uLXodDVA

All League
    It was probably some hobbyist who made himself a rocket

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    It was probably some hobbyist who made himself a rocket
    I used to build Estes model rockets and set them off when I was a kid. I never got a cool streak like that out of the little rocket engines.

Maybe it was the Mythbusters.