Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: Which draft ex[ert here said Sanchez had a weak arm?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    6th round....in part people thought it was more david terrell than tom brady...went back and looked at notes- detectivekimble was on the mark that brady's arm was the biggest knock coming out, or at least according to what i had...
    Brady was just really unathletic overall. He has really improved his arm strength over time, though. I'm sure Sanchez will as well.

    CBNY, I'm not a scout, but I don't understand how people can't determine arm strength just from watching a game on TV. I've read comments on here along the lines of "Peyton Manning has a rocket arm." Guys like Sanchez, Ryan and Rivers have so-so arms, which you can clearly see from watching the games.

  2. #22
    if we live in a world where people are scared to speak then the draft forum will suck.

    we all make mistakes. and we are all jets fans who love the draft so I dont see why it has to be a constant war for "credibility"

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Brady was just really unathletic overall. He has really improved his arm strength over time, though. I'm sure Sanchez will as well.

    CBNY, I'm not a scout, but I don't understand how people can't determine arm strength just from watching a game on TV. I've read comments on here along the lines of "Peyton Manning has a rocket arm." Guys like Sanchez, Ryan and Rivers have so-so arms, which you can clearly see from watching the games.
    that's not what they said about Manning when he was in the draft- his biggest knock was his "poor arm" especially since ryan leaf was the other QB in the draft...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    that's not what they said about Manning when he was in the draft- his biggest knock was his "poor arm" especially since ryan leaf was the other QB in the draft...
    I know. I meant people on this board have said that. I agree that he has an average arm.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Ahhh but you see I'm no draft expert. It's OK to be a little sucky CBTNY

    And by the way how bout that Stuckey?
    how 'bout thsat stuckey???

    sort of like that 50-yard duck sanchez threw when edwards was behind the defense in OT...fortunately Haden is a rookie and didn't know enough to let the pass drop to the ground...a strong armed QB puts the ball out front...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-14-2010 at 09:42 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    how 'bout thsat stuckey???

    sort of like that 50-yard duck sanchez threw when edwards was behind the defense in OT...fortunately Haden is a rookie and didn't know enough to let the pass drop to the ground...a strong armed QB puts the ball out front...
    Exactly. He really underthrows a lot of these deep balls. Edwards really got behind Haden but Sanchez couldn't deliver. That's happened a few times this year.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Exactly. He really underthrows a lot of these deep balls. Edwards really got behind Haden but Sanchez couldn't deliver. That's happened a few times this year.



    I've seen Elway underthrow passes too, what's your point? Sanchez underthrew that to give Braylon a chance at a jumpball, that was evident to me, in that situation the worst possible thing he could've done was overthrow the pass. He lobbed it and put some air under it on purpose.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I've seen Elway underthrow passes too, what's your point? Sanchez underthrew that to give Braylon a chance at a jumpball, that was evident to me, in that situation the worst possible thing he could've done was overthrow the pass. He lobbed it and put some air under it on purpose.
    seriously. underthrowing it led to the int. the int helped them win. with 3rd and 14 with little time left in OT, that play was one of the critical plays of the game.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I've seen Elway underthrow passes too, what's your point? Sanchez underthrew that to give Braylon a chance at a jumpball, that was evident to me, in that situation the worst possible thing he could've done was overthrow the pass. He lobbed it and put some air under it on purpose.
    The point is that he doesn't have the strongest arm and underthrows a lot of long balls because of that.

    So, even though Sanchez saw Edwards behind the defense, he purposely underthrew the ball, even though he could have thrown a TD if he had just put the ball in front of Edwards? Makes sense.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    The point is that he doesn't have the strongest arm and underthrows a lot of long balls because of that.

    So, even though Sanchez saw Edwards behind the defense, he purposely underthrew the ball, even though he could have thrown a TD if he had just put the ball in front of Edwards? Makes sense.
    There was nowhere Sanchez could have put the ball where Haden wouldn't have had a chance to make a play on the ball. There wasn't much field left, if he led Braylon to a spot where Edwards wouldn't have to break stride, he'd have thrown the ball out of the endzone.

    I think Sanchez has an above average arm, but the distance he gets on his throws has more to do with the spiral than his arm.

    Peyton Manning doesn't have a cannon arm, it's part of the reason why he struggles in the elements. If the Colts don't have homefield advantage, they're not going anywhere in the playoffs.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I've seen Elway underthrow passes too, what's your point? Sanchez underthrew that to give Braylon a chance at a jumpball, that was evident to me, in that situation the worst possible thing he could've done was overthrow the pass. He lobbed it and put some air under it on purpose.
    Guy you have obviously know understanding of what's going on. Mark Pennington - I mean Mark Sanchez has a weak arm and it's only in spite of him that we almost got to the Super Bowl last year and this year are arguably the best team in football.

    Mark "Pennington" Sanchez sucks. So does Taylor Mays. So does Terrence Cody:

    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...n_defense.html

    November 14, 2010
    Cody helps boost run defense


    Terrence Cody's best game of the season helped the Ravens shut down Falcons running back Michael Turner on Thursday night.

    Cody, a rookie nose tackle, recorded a season-high five tackles, which nearly doubled his entire total (three) in five games this season. It was also the same amount of tackles as middle linebacker Ray Lewis.

    "It looked like Terrence played pretty well," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "I'd have to see the tape. But I thought we did a pretty good job of handling the run."

    Turner was limited to 39 yards on 17 carries (a 2.3-yard average) after gaining 100 yards in his previous two games.

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    oh look- abillify boy, er vincenzotesteverde re-registered yet again....

    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Guy you have obviously know understanding of what's going on. Mark Pennington - I mean Mark Sanchez has a weak arm and it's only in spite of him that we almost got to the Super Bowl last year and this year are arguably the best team in football.

    Mark "Pennington" Sanchez sucks. So does Taylor Mays. So does Terrence Cody:

    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...n_defense.html

    November 14, 2010
    Cody helps boost run defense


    Terrence Cody's best game of the season helped the Ravens shut down Falcons running back Michael Turner on Thursday night.

    Cody, a rookie nose tackle, recorded a season-high five tackles, which nearly doubled his entire total (three) in five games this season. It was also the same amount of tackles as middle linebacker Ray Lewis.

    "It looked like Terrence played pretty well," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "I'd have to see the tape. But I thought we did a pretty good job of handling the run."

    Turner was limited to 39 yards on 17 carries (a 2.3-yard average) after gaining 100 yards in his previous two games.
    yup...that Cody- he's playing like a superstar...this one game proves it...lmao
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-18-2010 at 02:27 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    oh look- abillify boy, er vincenzotesteverde re-registered yet again....



    yup...that Cody- he's playing like a superstar...this one game proves it...lmao
    You gotta admit...A man his size with his athleticism and abilities will last a long time in this league...if Pouha got a billion chances to stay healthy with his one team then someone with Cody's upside will float around forever if he doesn't make it with the Ravens...and it looks like he's doing fine.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    You gotta admit...A man his size with his athleticism and abilities will last a long time in this league...if Pouha got a billion chances to stay healthy with his one team then someone with Cody's upside will float around forever if he doesn't make it with the Ravens...and it looks like he's doing fine.
    lasting a long time in the league and playing to one's abilities are night and day....

    Cody's gone form a potential top 12 pick to having certain disciples jump for joy because he finally surfaced the first week of November....not heading in the right direction i'd say...

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    wait vincenzotesteverde, er yanksknicksJets, er abillifyboy...i thought all my campaigning against terrence cody and taylor mays stopped the Jets from drating them??? lol...
    You campaigned against Mays...

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    You campaigned against Mays...
    yes...its too bad the jets didn't draft him....a straight line, run defending safety who can't cover or play centerfield is really the missing piece to the defensive puzzle...

    but hey; what do i know- abillifyboy, er vincenzotesteverde, er jetsknicksyanks, er jets terminator knows football talent...

    btw- mays lost his starting job this week...lol

    Mays, a second-round draft pick in April, has started the past six games, including Sunday against the Rams. However, Mays played only a handful of snaps after the opening series, with Smith getting the most playing time of his career.

    Smith knew he would play some, but not that much.

    The unspoken reason is Mays has struggled in pass coverage, and the 49ers needed to make a change. Tampa Bay quarterback Josh Freeman said he sees the difference between the two when watching video.

    "For sure, I feel like Smith moves a little better laterally and he covers a little more ground," said Freeman, who added Mays is "talented as well."


    Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz15fYCGro0
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-18-2010 at 03:52 PM.

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    It's funny how people assume that just because Mays started for a couple of weeks that he also has to be good. He played horrible in centerfield, just horrible...

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    yes...its too bad the jets didn't draft him....a straight line, run defending safety who can't cover or play centerfield is really the missing piece to the defensive puzzle...

    but hey; what do i know- abillifyboy, er vincenzotesteverde, er jetsknicksyanks, er jets terminator knows football talent...

    btw- mays lost his starting job this week...lol
    Easy there cowboy, there was nothing combatitive about my remark. I knew you weren't a fan, but i didn't think you campaigned against him.

    I still stand by my assertion that in OUR system, he'd have a headhunter role, and he'd be good at it. SF doesn't have Revises and Cromarties covering WRs.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Easy there cowboy, there was nothing combatitive about my remark. I knew you weren't a fan, but i didn't think you campaigned against him.

    I still stand by my assertion that in OUR system, he'd have a headhunter role, and he'd be good at it. SF doesn't have Revises and Cromarties covering WRs.
    the Jets have plenty of headhunters at safety- in fact they've been penalized for their head hunting ways at times this season...they need a safety with consistent ball skills in the secondary....Poole was a good FA signing but he's yet to show consistency and has not shown durability in his career...

  20. #40
    I stand by what I said pre-draft, I don't think Sanchez has great arm strength... there I said it.

    He's got a decent NFL arm... he might not even have an average arm in today's NFL as there's at least 15-20 starting QB's with stronger arms...

    There about 10-12 who are in a different league too when it comes to arm strength...

    and for the record - I do like Sanchez and am not concerned with arm strength...

    I'm more concerned with his accuracy... :-)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us