Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which draft ex[ert here said Sanchez had a weak arm?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Which draft ex[ert here said Sanchez had a weak arm?

The kid threw a 62 yard missile with plenty of pace on it on a rope... I guess that puts that baby to bed doesn't it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez is going to hate the stadium's lack of roof come wintertime...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    The kid threw a 62 yard missile with plenty of pace on it on a rope... I guess that puts that baby to bed doesn't it?
    i guess you didn't watch the green bay game...

btw- how's basped doing??? emmanuel cook?? and on and on and on??? chris poner?? callahan bright?? lol
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-09-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post

btw- how's basped doing??? emmanuel cook?? and on and on and on??? chris poner?? callahan bright?? lol
    CBNY -- I do remember you questioning Sanchez's arm strength coming out. I don't recall you saying it was bad or weak or Pennington-esque, just that it wasn't very good-great. Do you still feel that way, or do you think it's good enough for outdoors, north-east football in December/January?

*** I'm not trying to dig at you, just curious ***

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    CBNY -- I do remember you questioning Sanchez's arm strength coming out. I don't recall you saying it was bad or weak or Pennington-esque, just that it wasn't very good-great. Do you still feel that way, or do you think it's good enough for outdoors, north-east football in December/January?

*** I'm not trying to dig at you, just curious ***
    absolutely stand by that...it will get better as he physically matures but let me ask you this- how many of his deep throws (40yds plus) do his recievers have an unimpeded opportunity at the ball rather than fighting defenders to make the reception or needing to leave their feet??

its not like other starters in the AFC east where he can throw a 45yd pass out in front of a wide out then let the receiver run to the ball...

he's deadly inside 25yds and good between the numbers but once the pass is outside that mark he's at a disadvantage compared to other QB's....its also learing to play in that weather coming from southern cal...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    absolutely stand by that...it will get better as he physically matures but let me ask you this- how many of his deep throws (40yds plus) do his recievers have an unimpeded opportunity at the ball rather than fighting defenders to make the reception or needing to leave their feet??

its not like other starters in the AFC east where he can throw a 45yd pass out in front of a wide out then let the receiver run to the ball...

he's deadly inside 25yds and good between the numbers but once the pass is outside that mark he's at a disadvantage compared to other QB's....its also learing to play in that weather coming from southern cal...
    Thank God you don't work in the Jets front office.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Thank God you don't work in the Jets front office.
    wait vincenzotesteverde, er yanksknicksJets, er abillifyboy...i thought all my campaigning against terrence cody and taylor mays stopped the Jets from drating them??? lol...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    wait vincenzotesteverde, er yanksknicksJets, er abillifyboy...i thought all my campaigning against terrence cody and taylor mays stopped the Jets from drating them??? lol...
    Mark Sanchez has a weak arm lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    as a general comment i think it's dumb when people remember and throw stuff said during draft season back at others...everyone makes mistakes.

if any1 knew for sure what would happen to these draft picks they wouldn't be posting on message boards they'd be high priced consultants to the NFL. no one knows. Not the scouts, not the GMs. No one knows it all, every year. the fact that 10-15% of the league's starters went Undrafted pretty much says it all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    as a general comment i think it's dumb when people remember and throw stuff said during draft season back at others...everyone makes mistakes.
    Amen.

I don't remember who's right/wrong about certain prospects. I do know the people who are able to articulate why they feel a certain way and defend their position as opposed to the people that just blindly "pimp" prospects.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

if any1 knew for sure what would happen to these draft picks they wouldn't be posting on message boards they'd be high priced consultants to the NFL. no one knows. Not the scouts, not the GMs. No one knows it all, every year. the fact that 10-15% of the league's starters went Undrafted pretty much says it all.
    It should be remembered...

When someone claims to know something, their history is the basis for whether or not they are full of it.

Now everyone can be wrong however. It's just the percentage of how often someone is wrong.

Sanchez has a good arm. Anyone who tried to suggest he has an average or bad arm, would have been wrong.

I hated the idea of drafting Cody, said that a million times. Despite his size, he didn't have good enough strength at the point of attack and VERY LITTLE balance. Anyone who took 20 minutes to watch him on tape could see that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh but you see I'm no draft expert. It's OK to be a little sucky CBTNY

And by the way how bout that Stuckey?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my lord look at the pot calling the kettle black here!!! You out of all people who hate to gloat

I'm giving you a layup to torture your nemesis and you crap on it with that Bit??? You fcking suck man!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see what's ridiculous about this analysis. Even last week's pass to Braylon required Braylon to adjust his stride.

The arm is better than last year, which is something I've taken note of. Alot of Sanchez's improvement this year is physical...Better footwork, arm's a little stronger, mechanics are more consistent...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit from now on CBTNY's my boy, you are gutless man!

He's arrogant and smug, but you have no balls

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I don't see what's ridiculous about this analysis. Even last week's pass to Braylon required Braylon to adjust his stride.

The arm is better than last year, which is something I've taken note of. Alot of Sanchez's improvement this year is physical...Better footwork, arm's a little stronger, mechanics are more consistent...
    I must have been watching a different game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. We both agreed on this around the draft. Also remember that you were the only one who agreed with me when I said that Peyton's arm strength was only "average."

How about this: Is Mark's arm stronger than Brady's was coming out of school? I can see that Brady's has gotten stronger over time.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Yes. We both agreed on this around the draft. Also remember that you were the only one who agreed with me when I said that Peyton's arm strength was only "average."

How about this: Is Mark's arm stronger than Brady's was coming out of school? I can see that Brady's has gotten stronger over time.
    if it is it is not by much...the thing about Brady coming out of UM was his intangibles were off the charts- absolutely great awareness and decision making...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    if it is it is not by much...the thing about Brady coming out of UM was his intangibles were off the charts- absolutely great awareness and decision making...
    How the hell did he last until the 7th round?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    How the hell did he last until the 7th round?
    6th round....in part people thought it was more david terrell than tom brady...went back and looked at notes- detectivekimble was on the mark that brady's arm was the biggest knock coming out, or at least according to what i had...