Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which draft ex[ert here said Sanchez had a weak arm?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    lasting a long time in the league and playing to one's abilities are night and day....

Cody's gone form a potential top 12 pick to having certain disciples jump for joy because he finally surfaced the first week of November....not heading in the right direction i'd say...
    Girl I will keep saying it over and over while you continue to have diarrhea of the keyboard - you're an idiot.

Cody finally surfaced? He's playing behind two pro bowl NT's in Baltimore (Haloti Ngata and Kelly Gregg). He couldn't leap frog two outstanding players on the depth in the same position the first few games of his rookie year and somehow that vindicates you?

Please keep evaluating space-eating Nose Tackles based on their 40 yard dash times. It's comedy gold. And Sanchez has a weak arm.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Guy you have obviously know understanding of what's going on. Mark Pennington - I mean Mark Sanchez has a weak arm and it's only in spite of him that we almost got to the Super Bowl last year and this year are arguably the best team in football.

Mark "Pennington" Sanchez sucks. So does Taylor Mays. So does Terrence Cody:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...n_defense.html

November 14, 2010
    Cody helps boost run defense

Terrence Cody's best game of the season helped the Ravens shut down Falcons running back Michael Turner on Thursday night.

Cody, a rookie nose tackle, recorded a season-high five tackles, which nearly doubled his entire total (three) in five games this season. It was also the same amount of tackles as middle linebacker Ray Lewis.

"It looked like Terrence played pretty well," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "I'd have to see the tape. But I thought we did a pretty good job of handling the run."

Turner was limited to 39 yards on 17 carries (a 2.3-yard average) after gaining 100 yards in his previous two games.
    NO ONE said Sanchez sucks. We have said he has a so-so arm, which is a fact.

Terrence Cody is a fat, unathletic slob. Taylor Mays I like, but he cannot cover. He would be of no use to the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    There was nowhere Sanchez could have put the ball where Haden wouldn't have had a chance to make a play on the ball. There wasn't much field left, if he led Braylon to a spot where Edwards wouldn't have to break stride, he'd have thrown the ball out of the endzone.

I think Sanchez has an above average arm, but the distance he gets on his throws has more to do with the spiral than his arm.

Peyton Manning doesn't have a cannon arm, it's part of the reason why he struggles in the elements. If the Colts don't have homefield advantage, they're not going anywhere in the playoffs.
    You're wrong x2 in this post. His arm is average. Secondly, there were posts from people at the game that said that if Sanchez threw it in front of Braylon, it would have been a TD.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Girl I will keep saying it over and over while you continue to have diarrhea of the keyboard - you're an idiot.

Cody finally surfaced? He's playing behind two pro bowl NT's in Baltimore (Haloti Ngata and Kelly Gregg). He couldn't leap frog two outstanding players on the depth in the same position the first few games of his rookie year and somehow that vindicates you?

Please keep evaluating space-eating Nose Tackles based on their 40 yard dash times. It's comedy gold. And Sanchez has a weak arm.
    yes...whatever you say abillifyboy or whatever username you're going by today....

oh yeh, and haloti ngata's not a nose tackle in Baltimore....then again when have you ever known what you were talking/posting about? ...lol
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-18-2010 at 07:46 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes and you can continue to view the 40yard times as a measure of speed and not explosiveness... you are a fail

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez does not have elite arm strength, but that throw to Edwards at the end of the game was as hard of a throw as you will see in the NFL. 50 yards in the air, on the far sideline, between two safeties.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I don't see what's ridiculous about this analysis. Even last week's pass to Braylon required Braylon to adjust his stride.
    wrong... throw was on a line and hit him perfectly in stride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2EYZnFUpgA

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    You're wrong x2 in this post. His arm is average. Secondly, there were posts from people at the game that said that if Sanchez threw it in front of Braylon, it would have been a TD.
    They are idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2EYZnFUpgA

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. He really underthrows a lot of these deep balls. Edwards really got behind Haden but Sanchez couldn't deliver. That's happened a few times this year.
    did you guys see when Sanchez overthrew Holmes and Edwards on deep balls down the seem earlier in the Texans game? I guess his arm is actually TOO STRONG. LOL You guys are silly I tell ya... silly.

Under throwing a deep ball doesn't mean the QB lacks arm strength. You can only throw a ball so far, and Sanchez has shown he can get the ball 60-65 yards downfield in the air (see TD pass to Edwards in the Lions game).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no denying that throw was elite....
    For a 2nd year player with limited college starts - it's pretty much mind boggling that he was able to complete those last 2 passes with such ease.

Defenses have no answers for both Edwards and Holmes...

Once Sanchez starts completing the deep throws this Jets team will be unstoppable...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Never said he didn't have an NFL arm. I said he has a so-so/average arm. That throw to Edwards was about 40 yards in the air. Every starting NFL QB should be able to make that, no?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never said he didn't have an NFL arm. I said he has a so-so/average arm. That throw to Edwards was about 40 yards in the air. Every starting NFL QB should be able to make that, no?

Every starting NFL QB????? WHat are you crazy? WE would like to think so but no way every NFL QB should be able to make that throw. There are a handful of qbs that can make that type of throw with strength and accuracy and Sanchez is one of them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Every starting NFL QB????? WHat are you crazy? WE would like to think so but no way every NFL QB should be able to make that throw. There are a handful of qbs that can make that type of throw with strength and accuracy and Sanchez is one of them.
    Oh, which handful? Please enlighten me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was closer to a 60 yard throw when you account that it went from the far hashmark to the sideline.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    CBNY wanted me to pass along a message:

"Bump"