Thread: Dontay Moch Nevada, OLB

Veteran

Arrow Dontay Moch Nevada, OLB

Been looking at some of the OLBs and this kids name keeps coming up. Some reports had him running in the 4.2-4.3s at last years pro day. At 6'1 245lbs thats scary speed.

Anyone got to watch Nevada and this kid play?

i have no idea who he is, but then again, i don't know a whole lot about college football.

i do know we need a pass-rusher with closing speed. week after week, our guys consistently get THIS CLOSE to the QB but never seem to finish the play.

whether it's Moch or somebody else, we need that closing speed.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

one trick pony who cannot get off blocks and struggles playing in space....will be overdrafted because of his forty time...then again the QB Kapernick ran a 4.41 the same day mooch ran his 4.25 which leads me to believe they were running downhill or only 35yds...

Veteran

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    one trick pony who cannot get off blocks and struggles playing in space....will be overdrafted because of his forty time...then again the QB Kapernick ran a 4.41 the same day mooch ran his 4.25 which leads me to believe they were running downhill or only 35yds...
    HA! Sounds like a fast track eh. Still if he runs in the 4.4s its great speed. We just need to upgrade our speed in the front 7.

Veteran

Arrow

Moch looked pretty good vs Boise St last night. He does have great closing speed. You would think they would use him as more of a rush LB than a true DE. Get him matched up on RBs more.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    Moch looked pretty good vs Boise St last night. He does have great closing speed. You would think they would use him as more of a rush LB than a true DE. Get him matched up on RBs more.
    did not watch the game....did he exploit Potter/OT/BSU??

moch was a beast friday night

here's another name I think could use a bump

we are always talking about finding an IMPACT player at 30

this guy's workout numbers were absolutely smoking

group him with other past OLBs he's in pretty rare air

basically all the guys who have worked out like him haven't busted.

meanwhile look where Kerrigan, Quinn, Reed and others have worked out, almost none of them were stars... some solid starters but no stars in that group...

I don't know if Tanny has the guts to take this player, coming from Nevada... but if he did, could be a real force in the league.