Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gasbag peter king picks browns over jets, pats* over steelers

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3814637]LOL

And when that upside matures your HOF QB will be 39 yrs old.

That's the stuff of genius. Waste the prime yrs of your most important player. Brilliant.[/QUOTE]

Where does it say that it will take 5 years for that upside to mature?

How is being a perrenial playoff and SB contender a waste?

Are you saying the Jets model of team building is clearly superior? Stockpiling big names you can't keep in the long run? How did the Favre experiment work out? How have all those Jets playoff runs worked out over the last FOUR DECADES? How sure are you of Marky Sancheese's abilities to lead this team to the SB in the years to come?

Jets fans can continue to call Pats losers and nobodies. Pats fans will continue to enjoy a highly competitive team year in and year out for what looks like many years to come.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    picking the pats at the steelers is a super homer pick

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    why would anyone expect Peter King, upon crawling out from his home within Bill Belichick's sphincter to predict anything else but a Jets loss and a Pattycake win

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3814656]why would anyone expect Peter King, upon crawling out from his home within Bill Belichick's sphincter to predict anything else but a Jets loss and a Pattycake win[/QUOTE]

You have such a way with words...and so unbiased an opinion it's heartwarming and inspirational.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814647]Where does it say that it will take 5 years for that upside to mature?

How is being a perrenial playoff and SB contender a waste?

Are you saying the Jets model of team building is clearly superior? Stockpiling big names you can't keep in the long run? How did the Favre experiment work out? How have all those Jets playoff runs worked out over the last FOUR DECADES? How sure are you of Marky Sancheese's abilities to lead this team to the SB in the years to come?

Jets fans can continue to call Pats losers and nobodies. Pats fans will continue to enjoy a highly competitive team year in and year out for what looks like many years to come.[/QUOTE]

You're a new troll here so I'll excuse your foolishness for now.

Talking about what the Jets did in the last 4 decades is irrelevant. The past is the past. Plus, it's obvious you only starting paying attention to the Pats after 2001, so you wouldn't know anything about the past in any event.

We're talking about the present and future. Pats fans are under the delusional belief that Belichick can do no wrong. Thus, they ignore his poor drafting. He stockpiles picks and hasn't drafted a single top player.

Instead, Belichick is living off the Once-in-a-Generation luck of drafting a HOF QB in the 6th round. That's it. Brady is the sum total of the Pats.

You're foolish to believe that absent Brady these collection of "potential" will amount to something.

Further, you're under the delusional belief that the Pats are perennial SB contenders. To the contrary. SB contenders are not awful on the road as the Pats have been the last 2 seasons. The Pats have barely played competive on the road, this past Browns game is example.

Of course, because of Brady and Belichick we get the lip service about how good the Pats are. Heck, they went 6-1 and people foolishly believed they were the best team in the NFL, ignoring the fact that they have a middling offense and the 29th ranked defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3814663]You're a new troll here so I'll excuse your foolishness for now.

Talking about what the Jets did in the last 4 decades is irrelevant. The past is the past. Plus, it's obvious you only starting paying attention to the Pats after 2001, so you wouldn't know anything about the past in any event.

We're talking about the present and future. Pats fans are under the delusional belief that Belichick can do no wrong. Thus, they ignore his poor drafting. He stockpiles picks and hasn't drafted a single top player.

Instead, Belichick is living off the Once-in-a-Generation luck of drafting a HOF QB in the 6th round. That's it. Brady is the sum total of the Pats.

You're foolish to believe that absent Brady these collection of "potential" will amount to something.

Further, you're under the delusional belief that the Pats are perennial SB contenders. To the contrary. SB contenders are not awful on the road as the Pats have been the last 2 seasons. The Pats have barely played competive on the road, this past Browns game is example.

Of course, because of Brady and Belichick we get the lip service about how good the Pats are. Heck, they went 6-1 and people foolishly believed they were the best team in the NFL, ignoring the fact that they have a middling offense and the 29th ranked defense.[/QUOTE]

he's not a new troll.

there's no excuse for his foolishness :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gronk

Even if they have been lucky, which they have been, it's not like the Pats haven't gotten lucky during their dominance.

Tuck rule, the Karney kick out of bounds, Rex calling timeout on fourth down, even the injury to Bledsoe letting Brady into action.

You need luck to win and the Jets have had luck.

The Browns Jets pick is legitimate. The Pats Steelers pick, ehhh

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care. why do you?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814615]Yeah, I know. But it's the best I could do in a pinch.

One of the mods hates me apparently, even though I'm not a dick here 100% of the time. Ah well....the trials and tribulations of being a smack talking Chowd I guess.[/QUOTE]

Wait...who are you?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3814665]he's not a new troll.

there's no excuse for his foolishness :D[/QUOTE]

No argument here. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3814665]he's not a new troll.

there's no excuse for his foolishness :D[/QUOTE]

Who is he?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3814674]Who is he?[/QUOTE]

+1

is it Vinny Patrollie?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3814674]Who is he?[/QUOTE]

Vinnie, perhaps? It fits. Can't be TX....he'd never debase himself to take on a different moniker.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what? He picked the Lions and Patriots last week. He was 0-2 last week. He's used to being 0-2. Another 0-2 this week won't hurt him too much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3814682]+1

is it Vinny Patrollie?[/QUOTE]

It's Vinny? :eek:

Oh, what a buffoon.

Forget everything I said, Vinny. You're a lost cause. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3814690]It's Vinny? :eek:

Oh, what a buffoon.

Forget everything I said, Vinny. You're a lost cause. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was just guessing. I have no idea.

but that smelly chowd aint been around a while now has he?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3814690]It's Vinny? :eek:

Oh, what a buffoon.

Forget everything I said, Vinny. You're a lost cause. :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3814699]Oh, I was just guessing. I have no idea.

but that smelly chowd aint been around a while now has he?[/QUOTE]

Vinny wasn't such a bad guy was he?...for a filthy stinkin' Chowd that is.

But me=Vinny?...C"MON MAN!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814714]Vinny wasn't such a bad guy was he?...for a filthy stinkin' Chowd that is.

But me=Vinny?...C"MON MAN![/QUOTE]

Who are you, dude?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814661]You have such a way with words...and so unbiased an opinion it's heartwarming and inspirational.[/QUOTE]

Unbiased?

You mean as in claiming the Pats are doing a better job obtaining talent even though the Jets FO took over a team that was way behind the Pats talent wise and now the Pats are playing catchup? But somehow you view that as a plus for the Pats.

You talk about the Jets being lucky to get their wins while puffing out your chest after getting lucky against Balt and SD.

And don't bring up the Sox. Please, 90 years between championships, I'll take what the Mets did since they entered the league over the Sox.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814589]True...but how do you explain the Jets luck? You can't say they are a GOOD team. Sure, there's some talented individuals, but as a team? Eh. Yeah, the defense is good, no where near last years level, but good. Your offense doesn't scare anyone. It looks like Sancheese may never be more than a JAG game manager,although it's only fair to give him at least one more season to make a judgement. Your coaching, escept for ST, is a joke. Rex is clearly way over his head as a HC and Shotty, is well, as good as his Dad, which is to say, not much.

I'll take the Pats upside any day. To see them so competitive, while REBUILDING, is the stuff of genius.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Oh man, talk about a bias. The Pats upside is so far below the Jets it's ridiculous. Their talent level is waaay below in every area except QB and coach. The Jets have a top defense and anyone can score on the Pats. Add to that the Jets top receivers and tight end are better than anyone the Pats have, the Pats running backs couldn't make the Jets practice squad, and you start to realize why all the good fortune the Pats have had so far will come crashing down on them the next few weeks. The Jets will always be in games because of their D which will hit their stride with a healthy Revis. Pats will get torched on the ground and through the air by the Steelers, and all day through the air by the Colts.