Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gasbag peter king picks browns over jets, pats* over steelers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814615] I'm not a dick here 100% of the time. [/QUOTE]

That's a heck of an epitaph you've written for yourself, Vinnie.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    it does not bother me when the prognosticators pick against the jets.
    the last time they ALL picked the Jets, we lost to GB.

are we underdogs or favorites in this game?
    answered my own question.....Jets -5
    Last edited by tedtedthefootballhead; 11-11-2010 at 07:25 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814589]True...but how do you explain the Jets luck? You can't say they are a GOOD team. Sure, there's some talented individuals, but as a team? Eh. Yeah, the defense is good, no where near last years level, but good. Your offense doesn't scare anyone. It looks like Sancheese may never be more than a JAG game manager,although it's only fair to give him at least one more season to make a judgement. Your coaching, escept for ST, is a joke. Rex is clearly way over his head as a HC and Shotty, is well, as good as his Dad, which is to say, not much.

I'll take the Pats upside any day. To see them so competitive, while REBUILDING, is the stuff of genius.:yes:[/QUOTE]...ur team logo is a man bending over...smiling...gfy...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3814759]it does not bother me when the prognosticators pick against the jets.
    [B]the last time they ALL picked the Jets, we lost to GB.[/B]

are we underdogs or favorites in this game?
    answered my own question.....Jets -5[/QUOTE]

It very true Ted.

I cringe when those dooshers are on the bandwagon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no doubt this is a huge game for the patsies but that doesn't mean all you so called patsie fans need to walk in lock step off the cliff. the patsies are done. they are walking dead.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814589]True...but how do you explain the Jets luck? You can't say they are a GOOD team. Sure, there's some talented individuals, but as a team? Eh. Yeah, the defense is good, no where near last years level, but good. Your offense doesn't scare anyone. It looks like Sancheese may never be more than a JAG game manager,although it's only fair to give him at least one more season to make a judgement. Your coaching, escept for ST, is a joke. Rex is clearly way over his head as a HC and Shotty, is well, as good as his Dad, which is to say, not much.

I'll take the Pats upside any day. To see them so competitive, while REBUILDING, is the stuff of genius.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greensleeves;3814745]Oh man, talk about a bias. The Pats upside is so far below the Jets it's ridiculous. [B][SIZE="4"]Their talent level is waaay below in every area except QB and coach.[/SIZE][/B] The Jets have a top defense and anyone can score on the Pats. Add to that the Jets top receivers and tight end are better than anyone the Pats have, the Pats running backs couldn't make the Jets practice squad, and you start to realize why all the good fortune the Pats have had so far will come crashing down on them the next few weeks. The Jets will always be in games because of their D which will hit their stride with a healthy Revis. Pats will get torched on the ground and through the air by the Steelers, and all day through the air by the Colts.[/QUOTE]

lol...every area but the two biggest factors in the game.

ok, I'll take that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No shock here. The way the Jets are playing it would not be a shock if the Jets lost to the Browns after all they are coming off wins against patsies and Saints. The Jets better get a pass real soon, a running game and for Sanchez to get much better or the Jets will be in a fight every game they play. So Peter King took Cleveland its not like the Jets should be 3 touchdown favorites.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3814933]No shock here. The way the Jets are playing it would not be a shock if the Jets lost to the Browns after all they are coming off wins against patsies and Saints. The Jets better get a pass real soon, a running game and for Sanchez to get much better or the Jets will be in a fight every game they play. So Peter King took Cleveland its not like the Jets should be 3 touchdown favorites.[/QUOTE]

F&ck...if we're being honest, I won't be at all surprised if the the Pats get pasted by the Steelers on national TV this Sunday night. The way this season is going, every playoff team gets in with an 8-8 record.........;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking forward to a thrashing by the Steelers on National TV --- and maybe even Beiber broken in half

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3814985]looking forward to a thrashing by the Steelers on National TV --- and maybe even Beiber broken in half[/QUOTE]

yeah...and with his intestines spilled all over the feild where you can run out to the turf and stomp all over his innards like sausage filled balloons bursting in red gooey splendor. Yeah. That would be cool.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3814654]picking the pats at the steelers is a super homer pick[/QUOTE]

Based on last week's effort, it would have to be a homer pick to pick the Pats over the Steelers...on the road. I'm just hoping that they play a better game than they did last week.

That being said, the Pats have always matched up well against the Steelers and they have won 3 out of the last 4 games at Heinz, including 2 playoff games. (though they were crushed in 2004 ending the 21 game win streak).

However Picking the Browns over the Jets is less surprising. The Browns are playing very well, and Mangini looks to be getting the most out of them, especially since they are down to their #3 QB...who looked very comfortable vs the Pats. If the Jet want to win they'd better make him feel "uncomfortable". And that might be hard to do since the Browns have very quietly assembled an excellent OL

If the Pats beat the Steelers, I will be very pleasantly surprised. Though the Jets will be favored, if the Brown beat the Jets, I will much less surprised, though both would be "upsets".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3815031]Based on last week's effort, it would have to be a homer pick to pick the Pats over the Steelers...on the road. I'm just hoping that they play a better game than they did last week.

That being said, the Pats have always matched up well against the Steelers and they have won 3 out of the last 4 games at Heinz, including 2 playoff games. (though they were crushed in 2004 ending the 21 game win streak).

However Picking the Browns over the Jets is less surprising. The Browns are playing very well, and Mangini looks to be getting the most out of them, especially since they are down to their #3 QB...who looked very comfortable vs the Pats. If the Jet want to win they'd better make him feel "uncomfortable". And that might be hard to do since the Browns have very quietly assembled an excellent OL

If the Pats beat the Steelers, I will be very pleasantly surprised. Though the Jets will be favored, if the Brown beat the Jets, I will much less surprised, though both would be "upsets".[/QUOTE]

You could have just said, Browns are playing inspired ball and could surprise at home, and figure to have a better chance beating the Jets than the Pats do the Steelers.

You are a verbose clown.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814573]+1 bazillion. The Jets are lucky they haven't gone 0-3 in the last 3 games. Their good luck is bound to run out soon. (And many would argue that the Jets have had a horseshoe up their arse since week 15 from LAST season, when they were gift-wrapped a golden ticket to the play-offs.)[/QUOTE]

Can you read your own SIG? Jeez.

And BTW, the Browns shot their wad last week. No way they can keep it up three games in a row. Braylon will catch 10 balls, over a hundred yards, and three TDs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rep;3814686]So what? He picked the Lions and Patriots last week. He was 0-2 last week. He's used to being 0-2. Another 0-2 this week won't hurt him too much.[/QUOTE]

And King picked the Ravens tonight. What an awesome prognosticator he is...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814927]lol...every area but the two biggest factors in the game.

ok, I'll take that.[/QUOTE]

Too bad football is a team game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814987]yeah...and with his intestines spilled all over the feild where you can run out to the turf and stomp all over his innards like sausage filled balloons bursting in red gooey splendor. Yeah. That would be cool.[/QUOTE]

sorry, but I'm not much into that sort of gore. A simple head ripped off his neck would be satisfactory for me. And sadly, since I won't be anywhere near Heinz field, I'll only be able to enjoy watching Beiber get carted off on my HDTV

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3814753]That's a heck of an epitaph you've written for yourself, Vinnie.[/QUOTE]

great job by detective Phoenix in chowd troll detection... I knew Vinny Patrollie would slither back in to JI somehow or other.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3815031]Based on last week's effort, it would have to be a homer pick to pick the Pats over the Steelers...on the road. I'm just hoping that they play a better game than they did last week.

If the Pats beat the Steelers, I will be very pleasantly surprised. Though the Jets will be favored, if the Brown beat the Jets, I will much less surprised, though both would be "upsets".[/QUOTE]

Well put and I agree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [FONT="Arial"]Honestly after how we've played since we left Orchard Park, N.Y. on October 3rd, couldn't you all see us losing to the Browns? I certainly can. However, New England over Pittsburgh, in Pittsburgh, is just laughable.[/FONT]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats* over Steelers. :rofl: