Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: gasbag peter king picks browns over jets, pats* over steelers

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    :poop: < King Or is it? :poop: > King Which ever suggest Poop is better than King :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814589]

I'll take the Pats upside any day. [B]To see them so competitive, while REBUILDING, is the stuff of genius.[/B]:yes:[/QUOTE]

34-14 loss to a rebuilding Browns team with a rookie QB isn't very competitive.

Good luck with the rebuilding process. Pats will be demoralized this weekend by the Steelers, so hopefully that will shut some of these trolls up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3815031]Based on last week's effort, it would have to be a homer pick to pick the Pats over the Steelers...on the road. I'm just hoping that they play a better game than they did last week.

That being said, the Pats have always matched up well against the Steelers and they have won 3 out of the last 4 games at Heinz, including 2 playoff games. (though they were crushed in 2004 ending the 21 game win streak).

However Picking the Browns over the Jets is less surprising. The Browns are playing very well, and Mangini looks to be getting the most out of them, especially since they are down to their #3 QB...who looked very comfortable vs the Pats. If the Jet want to win they'd better make him feel "uncomfortable". And that might be hard to do since the Browns have very quietly assembled an excellent OL

If the Pats beat the Steelers, I will be very pleasantly surprised. Though the Jets will be favored, if the Brown beat the Jets, I will much less surprised, though both would be "upsets".[/QUOTE]

For whatever reason, I thought this game was in NE - under those parameters, I thought it was pretty close to a toss up. Having this game Heinz Field, it will be a decent sized upset if the Pats pull it out. Very tough place to play....I'm guessing at night it will be even tougher. I'd say the Pats are handicapped even more in the kicking game, but at least Graham knows Heinz Field quite well, having kicked there every year.

The Stillers lucked out a bit in having the Jets/Pats at home and having the Fins/Bills on the road. Granted, they should have lost that Fins game, but they pulled the best possible scenario for going 4-0 in their out of division conference games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3814985]looking forward to a thrashing by the Steelers on National TV --- and maybe even Beiber broken in half[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=regen;3815055]Can you read your own SIG? Jeez.

And BTW, the Browns shot their wad last week. No way they can keep it up three games in a row. Braylon will catch 10 balls, over a hundred yards, and three TDs.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=quantum;3815220]Pats* over Steelers. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gastineau99;3815257]34-14 loss to a rebuilding Browns team with a rookie QB isn't very competitive.

Good luck with the rebuilding process. Pats will be demoralized this weekend by the Steelers, so hopefully that will shut some of these trolls up.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably get into trouble for the thread necro, but there's alot of folks who have some crow to eat today.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3820184]I'll probably get into trouble for the thread necro, but there's alot of folks who have some crow to eat today.....[/QUOTE]

Indeed Vinnie.

Indeed.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead]Jets 13
    Browns 24 [/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=zachsjethouse;3814536]biggest mystery in the universe is why sports illustrated keeps this homo. he must have tape on the president or something.[/QUOTE]

No, the biggest mystery is why people keep reading what he thinks, or listening to what Francessa thinks, then starting threads on it here like it's some kind of new, never-heard-before outrage of a revelation.

Some in sports-media don't like you, and get paid to rile you up.

So don't be a sheep ffs.:rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3820228]No, the biggest mystery is why people keep reading what he thinks, or listening to what Francessa thinks, then starting threads on it here like it's some kind of new, never-heard-before outrage of a revelation.

[B]Some in sports-media don't like you, and get paid to rile you up.[/B]

So don't be a sheep ffs.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Although the riling up here was that King had the audacity to pick against the Jets.

What an a-hole! :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3814654]picking the pats at the steelers is a super homer pick[/QUOTE]

What about picking the Pats to destroy the Steelers in Pittsburgh?

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3814589]True...but how do you explain the Jets luck? You can't say they are a GOOD team. Sure, there's some talented individuals, but as a team? Eh. Yeah, the defense is good, no where near last years level, but good. Your offense doesn't scare anyone. It looks like Sancheese may never be more than a JAG game manager,although it's only fair to give him at least one more season to make a judgement. Your coaching, escept for ST, is a joke. Rex is clearly way over his head as a HC and Shotty, is well, as good as his Dad, which is to say, not much.

I'll take the Pats upside any day. To see them so competitive, while REBUILDING, is the stuff of genius.:yes:[/QUOTE]

STFU; your cheating team was only able to dominate by the thinnest of margins; look it up the average point differential during 2003-2004 for the pats* was less than a field goal. For a dominant team, that's pretty pedestrian.

Anyway, the pats* "got lucky" more than any team this past decade.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3821895]STFU; your cheating team was only able to dominate by the thinnest of margins; look it up the average point differential during 2003-2004 for the pats* was less than a field goal. For a dominant team, that's pretty pedestrian.

Anyway, the pats* "got lucky" more than any team this past decade.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...they "lucked" themselves into 4 SB appearences. I guess when you look at it that way, the Jets have no luck whatsoever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3821936]Yeah...they "lucked" themselves into 4 SB appearences. I guess when you look at it that way, the Jets have no luck whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Patriots never won a Super Bowl by more than a FG. They've also lost 2 of those games, including the 2008 game which I had a front row seat for against the Giants.....that was the Spygate season. [SIZE="1"]Jets are undefeated in Super Bowls BTW. just sayin'.[/SIZE]

Oh, my bad, you were talking about the luck of making the [I]appearances[/I] in the SB, not the winning. <cough> tuck rule <cough>....<cough> 2004 Steelers AFC Championship videotaping <cough> You're right, there was no luck in the Pasts* making it to those games. :rolleyes:

But to the real point, when you talk about the Jets "luck" let's not forget that the Jets just beat the team that destroyed the Pasts a week earlier in Cleveland. If that isn't a direct comparison then let's use.....a direct competition. Week 2 - Jets 28, Pats 14.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3821985]Patriots never won a Super Bowl by more than a FG. They've also lost 2 of those games, including the 2008 game which I had a front row seat for against the Giants.....that was the Spygate season. [SIZE="1"]Jets are undefeated in Super Bowls BTW. just sayin'.[/SIZE]

Oh, my bad, you were talking about the luck of making the [I]appearances[/I] in the SB, not the winning. <cough> tuck rule <cough>....<cough> 2004 Steelers AFC Championship videotaping <cough> You're right, there was no luck in the Pasts* making it to those games. :rolleyes:

But to the real point, when you talk about the Jets "luck" let's not forget that the Jets just beat the team that destroyed the Pats a week earlier in Cleveland. If that isn't a direct comparison then let's use.....a direct competition. Week 2 - Jets 28, Pats 14.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

I'm a Jets fan, and I usually love your posts.

But that one just screams of desperation.

How 'bout we win something first, then talk smack to Patriot fans.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gronk Welkhead = racist troll necroing threads.

Bravo!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3821993]Wow.

[B][SIZE="5"]I'm a Jets fan[/SIZE][/B], and I usually love your posts.

But that one just screams of desperation.

How 'bout we win something first, then talk smack to Patriot fans.[/QUOTE]

Link?

;)

He's talking about luck and trying to say the Jets have had good luck. Do you think we have when you look at a team in our division whose MVP QB's career was launched by a Mo Lewis hit to Drew Bledsoe and who stumbled through a cheating scandal on the way to Super Bowls? You agree with him that the Jets are the ones who've been lucky?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 11-16-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3821995]Gronk Welkhead = racist troll necroing threads.

Bravo![/QUOTE]

Troll....on occassion.

Racist.....NEVER, and for that you owe me an apology.

Necro....close, I look at it rather as a minor 2-day bump.:yes:

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3821936]Yeah...they "lucked" themselves into 4 SB appearences. I guess when you look at it that way, the Jets have no luck whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for making my point, junior. :thumbup: