Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: After The Browns Game, Not Sure We're Going To Win Another Game This Season

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

After The Browns Game, Not Sure We're Going To Win Another Game This Season

It's the third time in 4 games we've been rewarded for playing badly. Just reinforces the fact that the offense can be mismanaged and take the week off and they'll still win.

Some think today was an epic win, something memorable. It makes me sick. We played horribly. Yeah, 'better to win than lose' blah blah I get that. If we've got Lombardi aspirations, today was about as far from that as possible.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't you just be happy stroking yourself for being a Yankee fan?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://rhthegrviii.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/my-vagina-hurts.jpg[/IMG]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    THIS THREAD IS HORRIBLE!!! THESE WINS SHOW WHAT TEAM WE REALLY ARE.....WE CAN PULL OUT THE WINS WE HAVE TO!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually agree with you, but not today.

This was a big game, especially for Sanchez's development. Our receivers played well, Revis/Cro were completely on, and our run D was solid (sucked early, but picked it up).

This Cleveland team is not bad. The Jets had a good road win today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3818376]It's the third time in 4 games we've been rewarded for playing badly. Just reinforces the fact that the offense can be mismanaged and take the week off and they'll still win.

Some think today was an epic win, something memorable. It makes me sick. We played horribly. Yeah, 'better to win than lose' blah blah I get that. If we've got Lombardi aspirations, today was about as far from that as possible.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Bro...get a grip.

We make one of those FG's and we dont even have this discussion.
    We stop them on that last drive in regulation....and we arent having this discussion.

Im sorry that we didnt exceed your low expectations.
    Its a great win. Think about it if you would have been watching the STEELERS, RAVENS, COLTS, PATRIOTS.....
    You'd be like.......THATS A GAME THE JETS DONT PULL OUT.
    THE JETS ARENT THE RAVENS, STEELERS, etc.....

So come on...use your time a bit more wisely.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, I've heard that before.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are 7-2 and have been in every game. Are we the beasts that I thought we would be? No. Who is? The Giants who are ranked #1 in the Power Rankings are getting dominated by a Cowboy team in shambles. Get homefield in the playoffs and get on a streak where our talent 'gels' late and we will see...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3818376]It's the third time in 4 games we've been rewarded for playing badly. Just reinforces the fact that the offense can be mismanaged and take the week off and they'll still win.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Hello? That was a darn good team we just beat...

The Browns were coming off wins against the defending Super Bowl champs and New England (not the best NE team, but it's still Brady & Belichick)

You and I both know the deal with Mangini: when his players buy in, they are a very tough team to beat. Today his players were believing and they put up a hell of a fight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    if we're going to be rewarded for playing badly, then the team should come out drunk every sunday. i'll take the wins.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Hey what game were you watching sanchez played great the defense held hillis to under 100 yards lmao don't jump on the bandwagon when we win the superbowl

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cleveland beats Brady and Belicheat by 20 last weekend. What does that say abut the Pat's projected performance!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are the best team in the NFL, will finish at least tied for the best record in the team's +40 year history, and will be in Dallas in February (not as spectators :D)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Dude Detroit we played bad, Cleveland Jets dominated and should have won by 2 scores. See what the sad sack Pats did against Hollis and see what the Jets did. Lets stop the hysterics!!!! Lets go Jets!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3818411]The Jets are the best team in the NFL, will finish at least tied for the best record in the team's +40 year history, and will be in Dallas in February (not as spectators)[/QUOTE]

Not if they keep playing like this, they won't. When was the last time we played a complete game? Offense, defense, special teams, coaching, penalties.....every week, 3 of these 5 areas of the game we blow chunks but yet are talented enough to pull out in the end.

I'm not saying we should give today's game back. Just saying that the Broncos, Lions, and Browns are the dregs of the league and instead of a 24-10 thrashing we keep eeking out silly wins. Packers we didn't even show up for. Something's wrong in Emerald City. Rex better figure this out quickly. We have two games next week against desperate, hungry teams. Not also-rans with rookie QB's planning their January vacations.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3818441][B]We have two games next week[/B] against desperate, hungry teams. Not also-rans with rookie QB's planning their January vacations.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:huh:

link???

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3818441]Not if they keep playing like this, they won't. When was the last time we played a complete game? Offense, defense, special teams, coaching, penalties.....every week, 3 of these 5 areas of the game we blow chunks but yet are talented enough to pull out in the end.

I'm not saying we should give today's game back. Just saying that the Broncos, Lions, and Browns are the dregs of the league and instead of a 24-10 thrashing we keep eeking out silly wins. Packers we didn't even show up for. Something's wrong in Emerald City. Rex better figure this out quickly. We have two games next week against desperate, hungry teams. Not also-rans with rookie QB's planning their January vacations.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Agree, it's almost fixed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I totally disagree with this, SAR.

Today they played a very tough and legitimate Browns team right down to the wire. In the end, we prevailed. Could we have played better? Of couse, there's always room for improvement. I also wouldn't say the offense is officially out of it's little slump, but just the same they played well and got a tough, earned victory.

They'll have to get more kickers in camp this week. Nick Folk made this victory a LOT harder than it needed to be.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I[/QUOTE]

In the regular season you take a win anytime you can get one. Jets have won alot of tight games in the regular season in alot of kindly ways. Thats great as you want to win as many games possible to get homefield advantage throughout. Still Jets are going to have to play alot better if they want to win it all.

Its great they are finding ways every week to win but there is no pressure on them right now. Hear me out. Jets are in good shape right now for the postseason. They can afford to lose a game here or there. They get in these tight games and they know if if they drop one they will be playing next week. No pressure right now. You can't play like that in the playoffs. One lost and you go home. There going to be tremendous pressure on the Jets to win a championship especialy since there record so good. You get in the playoffs and your not going to win many of these type of games with the expectations so high.