Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: After The Browns Game, Not Sure We're Going To Win Another Game This Season

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=j.man;3818394]Lol, I've heard that before.[/QUOTE]

You have 1 post. How is that possible?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am with SAR....i am all about winning ugly...but we need to come up and beat a team with a losing record with some conviction one of these days...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3818468]You have 1 post. How is that possible?[/QUOTE]

he's been here since october. he's probably heard it a thousand times before.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3818454]In the regular season you take a win anytime you can get one. Jets have won alot of tight games in the regular season in alot of kindly ways. Thats great as you want to win as many games possible to get homefield advantage throughout. Still Jets are going to have to play alot better if they want to win it all.

Its great they are finding ways every week to win but there is no pressure on them right now. Hear me out. Jets are in good shape right now for the postseason. They can afford to lose a game here or there. They get in these tight games and they know if if they drop one they will be playing next week. No pressure right now. You can't play like that in the playoffs. One lost and you go home. There going to be tremendous pressure on the Jets to win a championship especialy since there record so good. You get in the playoffs and your not going to win many of these type of games with the expectations so high.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure most of these Jets know what it takes to win in the playoffs, you know they got to the AFC Championship game why your team was out of it by October.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;3818471]i am with SAR....i am all about winning ugly...[B]but we need to come up and beat a team with a losing record with some conviction one of these days...[/B][/QUOTE]

Really?

Why, because it make you feel better?

There is no reason they need to win any differently. All they need to do is keep winning.

The rest is nonsense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice to see the SOJ havn`t completely gone away. Great thread by OP.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3818494]Really?

[B]Why, because it make you feel better[/B]?

There is no reason they need to win any differently. All they need to do is keep winning.

The rest is nonsense.[/QUOTE]

it [I]would[/I] be better for my heart, actually.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3818441]We have two games next week against desperate, hungry teams. Not also-rans with rookie QB's planning their January vacations.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;3818446]

link???[/QUOTE]

Sunday vs. Texans

Thursday vs. Bengals.

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/season-schedule.html[/url]

Last time I checked, that's 2 games in 4 days.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    RIDICULOUS THREAD!!!!! Minus Folk, the entire Jet team played great against a really good football team and found a way to win. And yes, the Browns are a really good team. Not elite, but really good. I don't have a clue what you were watching.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;3818454]In the regular season you take a win anytime you can get one. Jets have won alot of tight games in the regular season in alot of kindly ways. Thats great as you want to win as many games possible to get homefield advantage throughout. Still Jets are going to have to play alot better if they want to win it all.

Its great they are finding ways every week to win but there is no pressure on them right now. Hear me out. Jets are in good shape right now for the postseason. They can afford to lose a game here or there. They get in these tight games and they know if if they drop one they will be playing next week. No pressure right now. You can't play like that in the playoffs. One lost and you go home. There going to be tremendous pressure on the Jets to win a championship especialy since there record so good. You get in the playoffs and your not going to win many of these type of games with the expectations so high.[/QUOTE]

i would argue quite the opposite: these are the types of games which teach you how to win close, hard-fought playoff games.

i'm not saying i LIKE barely beating the likes of the Broncos, Lions, and Browns, but it's important for the Jets as a team, and in particular for Mark Sanchez, to know that they can come from behind in a hostile road environment and pull off the W.

that doesn't mean i wouldn't i like to see a few more blowouts like when we trashed the Raiders 38-0 last year ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    where are all the people who were proclaiming we sucked in the game thread some 3 minutes into the game??

you'd think they'd be all over this and agree...but it seems they've dissapeared...

i'm so tired of jets fans who bail on their team constantly but then want to be there and when they win like nothing happened...

the op in this thread and the game thread is an epic example of jets fans needing to grow a pair

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3818508]RIDICULOUS THREAD!!!!! Minus Folk, the entire Jet team played great against a really good football team and found a way to win. And yes, the Browns are a really good team. Not elite, but really good. I don't have a clue what you were watching.[/QUOTE]

The Patriots win today's game by 14 points.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3818376]It's the third time in 4 games we've been rewarded for playing badly. Just reinforces the fact that the offense can be mismanaged and take the week off and they'll still win.

Some think today was an epic win, something memorable. It makes me sick. We played horribly. Yeah, 'better to win than lose' blah blah I get that. If we've got Lombardi aspirations, today was about as far from that as possible.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Shut the **** up, seriously, tired of you drivel!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3818507]Sunday vs. Texans

Thursday vs. Bengals.

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/season-schedule.html[/url]

Last time I checked, that's 2 games in 4 days.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

today is November 14th.

the Bengals game is on the 25th.

last time I checked, that's 2 games in 11 days, not 2 games this week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We completely outplayed the Browns, and had our kicker not missed FG's he should have made, this game isn't even close. The halftime defensive adjustments were fantastic, and they worked.

Browns are not a bad team either. This is a team that has beaten the Saints and crushed the Patsies. Solid road win right there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3818514]The Patriots win today's game by 14 points.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

now i know you're just trolling.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3818514]The Patriots win today's game by 14 points.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Not with that defense they don't. That why Patriots aren't serious contenders this year for the superbowl.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    TS must be ****ting me

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3818524]now i know you're just trolling.[/QUOTE]

oh NOW you know? :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3818376]It's the third time in 4 games we've been rewarded for playing badly. Just reinforces the fact that the offense can be mismanaged and take the week off and they'll still win.

Some think today was an epic win, something memorable. It makes me sick. We played horribly. Yeah, 'better to win than lose' blah blah I get that. If we've got Lombardi aspirations, today was about as far from that as possible.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You're by far my favorite poster.