Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex-Jets crap the bed today...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Ex-Jets crap the bed today...

for teh Brownies...

Jason Trusnik, Abram Elam & Chansi Stuckey all had pretty bad games today, mainly Elam (how the hell did he drop that INT?) and Stuckey's fumble....

You can keep them, Mangini....
    It's a shame because that team played their butts off today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    cleveland has a nice team .. They are playing hard for mangini.. they need more talent but they play hard, hit hard and they try not too beat themselves.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFuel;3818853]cleveland has a nice team .. They are playing hard for mangini.. they need more talent but they play hard, hit hard and they try not too beat themselves.[/QUOTE]

Very good O-Line. Great RB. And what looks like may become a very good, young QB. Gee, why does that sound familiar?

But yes, they are still playing with mostly journeymen on defense and that needs fixing before they can step up and really compete in a very tough division.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3818828]for teh Brownies...

Jason Trusnik, Abram Elam & Chansi Stuckey all had pretty bad games today, mainly Elam (how the hell did he drop that INT?) and Stuckey's fumble....

You can keep them, Mangini....
    It's a shame because that team played their butts off today.[/QUOTE]
    Eric Barton...is he washed up or what.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    amazing we traded that pile of turds for Sanchez and Edwards, IMO

Tanny is a genius

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;3819513]Eric Barton...is he washed up or what.[/QUOTE]

I didn't hear his name once LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;3818861]Very good O-Line. Great RB. And what looks like may become a very good, young QB. Gee, why does that sound familiar?

But yes, they are still playing with mostly journeymen on defense and that needs fixing before they can step up and really compete in a very tough division.[/QUOTE]

It will be a shame if Holmgren gets rid of Mangini before giving him a few more players and seeing what he can do at that point. He left us in pretty good shape it appears and is building something in Cleveland.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3819521]I didn't hear his name once LOL[/QUOTE]

Crossfire has a great picture of Holmes' TD run...you can actually see Barton in the background just watching the play unfold!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;3819523]It will be a shame if Holmgren gets rid of Mangini before giving him a few more players and seeing what he can do at that point. He left us in pretty good shape it appears and is building something in Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

+1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plus we need Mangini to stay in Cleveland so he can keep throwing us these cupcake trade deals too :P

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3819521]I didn't hear his name once LOL[/QUOTE]
    I was waiting to hear him called for a personal foul, but even that never came.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    hard to believe someone would start a thread like this when we barely escaped cleveland with a win.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rick34125;3819560]hard to believe someone would start a thread like this when we barely escaped cleveland with a win.[/QUOTE]

A win is a win, and the guy who started the thread knows it.

The point is, the Same Old Jets would lose a game like this...and they did...although they were in Browns uniforms and the HC was wearing a Browns headset.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rick34125;3819560]hard to believe someone would start a thread like this when we barely escaped cleveland with a win.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but there are way more inane & useless threads than this one.
    It is a relevant football conversation topics, given the amount of Jets/Browns storylines in this game.

And why did we barely escape with a win in Cleveland?
    You can thank the ex-Jets players for our win. Which is my point. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guck the Fiants;3819611]A win is a win, and the guy who started the thread knows it.

The point is, the Same Old Jets would lose a game like this...and they did...although they were in Browns uniforms and the HC was wearing a Browns headset.[/QUOTE]
    sure a win is a win, but after a game like that it rubs against my sensitivities to put down the opponent, even if they are ex-jets. i just think it lacks class. there's a lot to respect about the way cleveland played.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rick34125;3819652]sure a win is a win, but after a game like that it rubs against my sensitivities to put down the opponent, even if they are ex-jets. i just think it lacks class. there's a lot to respect about the way cleveland played.[/QUOTE]

Not saying that the Browns didnt play with heart and give a solid effort...but, the point again is that the Jets have replaced players that normally lost games like this while on the Jets in the past...and those players did in fact lose the game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rick34125;3819652]sure a win is a win, but after a game like that it rubs against my sensitivities to put down the opponent, even if they are ex-jets. i just think it lacks class. there's a lot to respect about the way cleveland played.[/QUOTE]

I'm not putting them down, basically I stated facts, didn't I?
    Our ex-Jets players contributed to the loss.

Hardly putting them down. Have you ever been in a gameday thread before? The talk will burn your sensitivities off...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a great game. I felt bad for Stuckey. For about 5 or 6 seconds.

Havent seen a game like that where there were so many momentum swinging plays in a long time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3818828]mainly Elam [b](how the hell did he drop that INT?)[/b] [/QUOTE]

Santonio Holmes Knocked it away at the last second. Go Check the replay if you bothered to record the game.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    We traded all these jerks for Mark Sanchez, essentially. Thus it was doubly satisfying.