Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Ex-Jets crap the bed today...

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211

    Ex-Jets crap the bed today...

    for teh Brownies...


    Jason Trusnik, Abram Elam & Chansi Stuckey all had pretty bad games today, mainly Elam (how the hell did he drop that INT?) and Stuckey's fumble....


    You can keep them, Mangini....
    It's a shame because that team played their butts off today.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,332
    cleveland has a nice team .. They are playing hard for mangini.. they need more talent but they play hard, hit hard and they try not too beat themselves.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,645
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    cleveland has a nice team .. They are playing hard for mangini.. they need more talent but they play hard, hit hard and they try not too beat themselves.
    Very good O-Line. Great RB. And what looks like may become a very good, young QB. Gee, why does that sound familiar?

    But yes, they are still playing with mostly journeymen on defense and that needs fixing before they can step up and really compete in a very tough division.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    for teh Brownies...


    Jason Trusnik, Abram Elam & Chansi Stuckey all had pretty bad games today, mainly Elam (how the hell did he drop that INT?) and Stuckey's fumble....


    You can keep them, Mangini....
    It's a shame because that team played their butts off today.
    Eric Barton...is he washed up or what.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    23,008
    amazing we traded that pile of turds for Sanchez and Edwards, IMO


    Tanny is a genius

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Eric Barton...is he washed up or what.
    I didn't hear his name once LOL

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Very good O-Line. Great RB. And what looks like may become a very good, young QB. Gee, why does that sound familiar?

    But yes, they are still playing with mostly journeymen on defense and that needs fixing before they can step up and really compete in a very tough division.
    It will be a shame if Holmgren gets rid of Mangini before giving him a few more players and seeing what he can do at that point. He left us in pretty good shape it appears and is building something in Cleveland.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I didn't hear his name once LOL
    Crossfire has a great picture of Holmes' TD run...you can actually see Barton in the background just watching the play unfold!!

  9. #9
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    It will be a shame if Holmgren gets rid of Mangini before giving him a few more players and seeing what he can do at that point. He left us in pretty good shape it appears and is building something in Cleveland.
    +1

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Plus we need Mangini to stay in Cleveland so he can keep throwing us these cupcake trade deals too

  11. #11
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I didn't hear his name once LOL
    I was waiting to hear him called for a personal foul, but even that never came.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Big Green Apple
    Posts
    1,252
    hard to believe someone would start a thread like this when we barely escaped cleveland with a win.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bucks County, Pa
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    hard to believe someone would start a thread like this when we barely escaped cleveland with a win.
    A win is a win, and the guy who started the thread knows it.

    The point is, the Same Old Jets would lose a game like this...and they did...although they were in Browns uniforms and the HC was wearing a Browns headset.

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    hard to believe someone would start a thread like this when we barely escaped cleveland with a win.
    I'm sorry, but there are way more inane & useless threads than this one.
    It is a relevant football conversation topics, given the amount of Jets/Browns storylines in this game.

    And why did we barely escape with a win in Cleveland?
    You can thank the ex-Jets players for our win. Which is my point.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Big Green Apple
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants View Post
    A win is a win, and the guy who started the thread knows it.

    The point is, the Same Old Jets would lose a game like this...and they did...although they were in Browns uniforms and the HC was wearing a Browns headset.
    sure a win is a win, but after a game like that it rubs against my sensitivities to put down the opponent, even if they are ex-jets. i just think it lacks class. there's a lot to respect about the way cleveland played.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bucks County, Pa
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    sure a win is a win, but after a game like that it rubs against my sensitivities to put down the opponent, even if they are ex-jets. i just think it lacks class. there's a lot to respect about the way cleveland played.
    Not saying that the Browns didnt play with heart and give a solid effort...but, the point again is that the Jets have replaced players that normally lost games like this while on the Jets in the past...and those players did in fact lose the game.

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    sure a win is a win, but after a game like that it rubs against my sensitivities to put down the opponent, even if they are ex-jets. i just think it lacks class. there's a lot to respect about the way cleveland played.
    I'm not putting them down, basically I stated facts, didn't I?
    Our ex-Jets players contributed to the loss.

    Hardly putting them down. Have you ever been in a gameday thread before? The talk will burn your sensitivities off...

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,362
    What a great game. I felt bad for Stuckey. For about 5 or 6 seconds.

    Havent seen a game like that where there were so many momentum swinging plays in a long time.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    mainly Elam (how the hell did he drop that INT?)
    Santonio Holmes Knocked it away at the last second. Go Check the replay if you bothered to record the game.

  20. #20
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    We traded all these jerks for Mark Sanchez, essentially. Thus it was doubly satisfying.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us