Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Look Very Good

Jets Insider VIP
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I'm scaredy fraid of Beiber and the Cheaters.... OOOOOOOOH

the same douches that we thrashed 28-14 6 weeks or so ago except without their best wide receiver

SCARED........0000000HH

We have two games ahead of us that we need to win prior to the New England game. We win those, who cares what New England does in their two games, we have the ability to control our own destiny. I feel pretty good about our chances this week to hopefully keep the offense going. We got nicked up today so hopefully we can recouperate as there are two games in the next 11 days...Pats have looked good a few times this year and Brady is tough to beat but if we play smart and get some pressure on him, we have a good shot!!

All Pro
    I think these past two weeks just go to show the up and down nature of the NFL, how close all the teams are, and how true the "Any Given Sunday" mantra is.

Who would have put money on the Pats losing to Cleveland then thrashing Pittsburgh? Who would have put money on the sad sack Cowboys thumping the "cream of the NFC" Giants?

It's becoming increasingly hard to see trends in the NFL - teams that are hot one week can suck the next, and vice versa. People keep labelling teams as the dregs of the league because of last year's results - when in truth you can hardly take what you saw last week as a true picture of any team.

Are Cleveland a weak team who got lucky, or an emerging team who this week got unlucky? Did Dallas only win because of the coach change, or is this the start of them looking like the Super Bowl contenders they were supposed to be? The AFC South teams are mostly blowing hot one week, cold the next, and will ANYONE in the AFC West start playing consistently (right now, the Raiders are leading that, both on record and on win streak).

Makes it all very exciting and unpredictable - but at the same time, this leads to a lot of nervousness as you never know what team is going to show up week by week. How scary could this Jet team be if they start playing games where they put it all together?

[QUOTE=rextilleon;3819165]Steelers are also a crippled team---[/QUOTE]

Lets hope we get as lucky to play them banged up like this:
    Last night:
    OUT: Brett Keisal ( 2nd best Dlineman)
    OUT: Aaron Smith ( Best Dlineman (out for season))
    OUT: Will Allen (Veteran Safety)
    OUT: Max Starks (Starting Tackle)
    OUT: Chris Kemoeatu ( Best guard)

Lost in 1st Quarter: Hines Ward!

To put this in perspective, this would be like the Pats playing without:
    Vince Wilfork
    Mike Wright
    Sebatian Volmer
    Logan Mankins
    Chung
    And losing Branch in the 1st quarter

That's why each game has to be looked at individually for what it's worth.
    Nothing you can do about it, but the Pats have been very lucky with the way their schedule has turned out this year. Chargers had no receivers, Steelers were playing with bandaids last night, Colts come in next week a shell of their former selves.
    But, you have to give the Pats credit for taking care of business and taking advantage of their good fortune.
    Last edited by jetster; 11-15-2010 at 01:22 PM.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3819374]Unlike the Pats who have no injuries :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Where injuries REALLY effect teams is on the O & D lines!
    When you lose continuity there, your in trouble.
    Steelers played without 2 of their best Dlineman (Smith & Keisal)
    Steelers played without their starting Tackle & best Guard (Starks & Kemeaotu)

Steelers Oline was a little sketchy before those injuries. A great example is that Rothlisberger was running for his life on every snap.
    Last week, the Pats got MANHANDLED by a VERY GOOD, VERY HEALTHY
    Browns line.
    Perspective regarding each game in football is everything
    Last edited by jetster; 11-15-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;3819165]Steelers are also a crippled team---[/QUOTE]

But, they're better than us! Everyone in the media says so, it must be true!:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;3819374]Unlike the Pats who have no injuries :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

how did that laying coin on the Browns go for you?

[QUOTE=jetster;3819537]Lets hope we get as lucky to play them banged up like this:
    Last night:
    OUT: Brett Keisal ( 2nd best Dlineman)
    OUT: Aaron Smith ( Best Dlineman (out for season))
    OUT: Will Allen (Veteran Safety)
    OUT: Chris Scott (Starting Tackle)
    OUT: Chris Kemoeatu ( Best guard)

Lost in 1st Quarter: Hines Ward!

To put this in perspective, this would be like the Pats playing without:
    Vince Wilfork
    Mike Wright
    Sebatian Volmer
    Logan Mankins
    Chung
    And losing Branch in the 1st quarter

That's why each game has to be looked at individually for what it's worth.
    Nothing you can do about it, but the Pats have been very lucky with the way their schedule has turned out this year. Chargers had no receivers, Steelers were playing with bandaids last night, Colts come in next week a shell of their former selves.
    But, you have to give the Pats credit for taking care of business and taking advantage of their good fortune.[/QUOTE]

EVERY TEAM has injuries. If you want to look at it that way- the Pats played without 2 of their starting o-lineman (Kaczur and Neal), their 2nd best d-lineman (Warren), their best corner (Bodden), and Kevin Faulk.

[QUOTE=BFfan;3819590]EVERY TEAM has injuries. If you want to look at it that way- the Pats played without 2 of their starting o-lineman (Kaczur and Neal), their 2nd best d-lineman (Warren), their best corner (Bodden), and Kevin Faulk.[/QUOTE]

Oh give me a break!
    They didn't just lose those guys in the last 2 weeks!
    The Steelers lost their BEST Dlineman 2 weeks ago for the season (Aaron Smith)
    They lost their 2nd best Dlineman (Keisal) last week
    They lost their starting Left Tackle & their best guard (Starks & Kemeaotu)
    last week!
    This is on an Oline that is average to begin with.
    The Pats have a top 5 Oline, they replaced Neal with a PROBOWLER in Mankins & you think these types of injuries are similar?
    Then Ward was hurt in the 1st quarter, he's HUGE in the running game & one of the best blockers in the league.
    Last edited by jetster; 11-15-2010 at 01:59 PM.

All League
    t[QUOTE]hen Ward was hurt in the 1st quarter, he's HUGE in the running game & one of the best blockers in the league.[/QUOTE]

You can say the same thing about the Browns losing Josh Cribbs in the first quarter of your game. He is also a key aspect of their offense....and probably why the Jets didn't see any of the inventive plays the Browns showed the Pats the week before.

The point is that injuries are a part of the game, and good teams have to deal with them. In 2003 the Pats lost more starters' games to injuries than any team in the league. In 2004 they were in the top 5 in that category.

You can't dismiss the losses of Warren, Boddin, Kascur, Faulk, and now Goskowski. The Pats have also had to deal with the loss of their best RB for all but 2 games, and their best S for the last 3. Good teams some how manage and mediocre teams use injuries as an excuse (though it is alright for fans to play the injury card ;) )

The Jets have been remarkably (relatively) injury free these last few years. I'm terribly jealous. BTW speaking of injuries, Cotchery's effort and catch was one of best individual plays I can recall. It was a remarkable effort, and a shame he might miss THE game.

The Pats surprising victory (at least to me) proves that its likely that the winner of the Pats Jets game is going to be the division champs

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Right now the Pats strength - short passes between the hashes to their TEs and slot WRs - also happens to be the Jets weakness. I'll take Revis vs Moss any day of the week, but having to rely on our safeties and LBs to contain the 5-10 yard dinks and dunks? :shy:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=patsfanken;3819977]t

You can say the same thing about the Browns losing Josh Cribbs in the first quarter of your game. He is also a key aspect of their offense....and probably why the Jets didn't see any of the inventive plays the Browns showed the Pats the week before.

The point is that injuries are a part of the game, and good teams have to deal with them. In 2003 the Pats lost more starters' games to injuries than any team in the league. In 2004 they were in the top 5 in that category.

You can't dismiss the losses of Warren, Boddin, Kascur, Faulk, and now Goskowski. The Pats have also had to deal with the loss of their best RB for all but 2 games, and their best S for the last 3. Good teams some how manage and mediocre teams use injuries as an excuse (though it is alright for fans to play the injury card ;) )

The Jets have been remarkably (relatively) injury free these last few years. I'm terribly jealous. BTW speaking of injuries, Cotchery's effort and catch was one of best individual plays I can recall. It was a remarkable effort, and a shame he might miss THE game.

The Pats surprising victory (at least to me) proves that its likely that the winner of the Pats Jets game is going to be the division champs[/QUOTE]

You're right. Missing Jenkins, as well as Pace and Revis for the first quarter of the season was minor. Totally minor.

Meh, and last week the Patriots looked terrible. You can't put too much stock into any one game.

My opinion really hasn't changed much from last nights game. I see a flawed offense that is overly reliant on the underneath stuff and is for the most part unable to stretch the field verticlally now that Moss isn't there. Which should make them much easier to defend, their numbers pre-this game without Moss only served to display that point.

And their defense, while much improved from where they were in Week 2, is still young and exploitable, IMO.

I believe the Jets are a better team and that will prove itself out over the long haul. But the Patriots have enough going for them that they'll be right in the picture and make us earn it.

[QUOTE=patsfanken;3819977]t

The Pats surprising victory (at least to me) proves that its likely that the winner of the Pats Jets game is going to be the division champs[/QUOTE]

As long as your Oline is healthy, good timing getting Mangold back by the way & Tom Brady is healthy, Pats can beat any team in the league.
    You don't have to apologize for wins against beat up teams, I'm just pointing out that you can never go overboard with a win or a loss.

Steelers Oline is not that great to begin with so losing Starks & Keaomatu was HUGE.
    Your Defense looked like the old Steel curtain chasing Big Ben around, after last week not even getting close to the QB against the Browns.
    Just pointing out that the Steelers had no players or answers to replace those two guys.
    Plus you were running up the middle with impunity with Aaron Smith & Keisal not in there. (They were they're best Dlineman)
    Granted Ward would not have saved them anyway.

Forming an opinion on any team in this league based solely on one game (their last) is beyond stupid, just beyond stupid as has been shown time and again this season.

The Pats are 7-2 and are thus worthy to be thought a good team, but after that it's anyone's guess.

I'll tell you what though, I do like the way the Jets matchup against the Pats, we excel at what they struggle against.

We're a punch you in the mouth and run the ball down your throat type of offense, they are a finesse confuse you with their multiple look back seven type of defense.

We're a man press, attacking defense which can stuff most teams running games with only a single defensive lineman on the field, they are once again a finesse, spread you out, dink and dunk your zone coverage defense to death type of offense.

Does this mean we'll beat them up in New England? Again, that's anyone's guess, but I'll tell you what... I like how we matchup.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=JamesR;3819505]I think these past two weeks just go to show the up and down nature of the NFL, how close all the teams are, and how true the "Any Given Sunday" mantra is.

Who would have put money on the Pats losing to Cleveland then thrashing Pittsburgh? Who would have put money on the sad sack Cowboys thumping the "cream of the NFC" Giants?

It's becoming increasingly hard to see trends in the NFL - teams that are hot one week can suck the next, and vice versa. People keep labelling teams as the dregs of the league because of last year's results - when in truth you can hardly take what you saw last week as a true picture of any team.

[B]Are Cleveland a weak team who got lucky, or an emerging team who this week got unlucky? Did Dallas only win because of the coach change, or is this the start of them looking like the Super Bowl contenders they were supposed to be? The AFC South teams are mostly blowing hot one week, cold the next, and will ANYONE in the AFC West start playing consistently (right now, the Raiders are leading that, both on record and on win streak).
    [/B]
    Makes it all very exciting and unpredictable - but at the same time, this leads to a lot of nervousness as you never know what team is going to show up week by week. How scary could this Jet team be if they start playing games where they put it all together?[/QUOTE]

Cleveland's better than their record shows; they're emerging, but they're a year or 2 away. Dallas won because the Eli Manning sucked ass and their defense was extremely aggressive. And the Raiders are extremely underrated. Have you seen their defensive line? :eek:

[QUOTE=Schadenfreude;3820095]Cleveland's better than their record shows; they're emerging, but they're a year or 2 away. Dallas won because the Eli Manning sucked ass and their defense was extremely aggressive. And the Raiders are extremely underrated. [B][U]Have you seen their defensive line? [/U][/B]:eek:[/QUOTE]

Raiders will make mince meat out of Rothlisberger next week if they don't solidify that beat up Oline.
    The Pats had 5 sacks & numerous pressures.
    Ben will be lucky to make it out of this game alive.
    The Steelers getting their butts whooped again would make me very happy.

It was really tough being Steeler fan last night wanting them to beat the Pats.
    After Miami, Pats, I can't stand the steelers and their gay towel waiving fans.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=HitSomeone41;3819131]Dallas looked pretty damn good today too.[/QUOTE]
    Best 2-7 team in football. Was a good day all things considered. With the Giants recent results and the way they had been getting it done I was starting to think they were the playing like the best team in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;3819125]Watching the play is getting me depressed. Pittsburgh can't get any pressure on Brady and he is picking them apart. Doesn't bode well for us when we play in New England.[/QUOTE]

Repeat after me. Phuck the Patriots.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3820161]Repeat after me. Phuck the Patriots.[/QUOTE]

Phuck the Patriots.