Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Patriots Look Very Good

Steelers O-Line is awful. They won't be able to run on us at all, and we should be able to pressure Ben. It's a good matchup for our blitz scheme since Ben isn't a quick, dumpoff kinda passer.

I think the Pats had like 12 sacks on the year before last night.

[QUOTE=Gastineau99;3820211]Steelers O-Line is awful. They won't be able to run on us at all, and we should be able to pressure Ben. It's a good matchup for our blitz scheme since Ben isn't a quick, dumpoff kinda passer.

I think the Pats had like 12 sacks on the year before last night.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Pats fans after beating Ravens were like, "our defense is getting better"'
    Then the Brownies put 34 on em with Hillis going for 184, than last night playing a really crappy Oline (5 sacks, 10 pressures & hits!) are you kidding me?

Lets see what the Raiders Dline does to Ben if they don't get anyone back this week.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3819569]how did that laying coin on the Browns go for you?[/QUOTE]

Cost me $120 bucks :(

I never accounted for the horse shoe the Jets have up their behinds.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3820351]Cost me $120 bucks :(

I never accounted for the horse shoe the Jets have up their behinds.[/QUOTE]

Or the fact that our Offense would put up over 450 yards and eat up 47 minutes of the clock in dominating fashion. Browns are the one's with the horseshoe to keep that game as close as it was.

Hall Of Fame
    On Around the Horn tonight, they were already fellating the Patsies and asking the question "Are the Pats the team to beat?" :rolleyes:

I know it was that utter moron Tony Kornholer and all but I still almost threw up in my mouth.

They are very good at feasting on wounded teams, or just have unreal luck catching them at the right time, but sooner or later their soft defense and aging o-line will be exposed. Also I know Sanchez gets accused of being a front running QB. Brady though, is one of the biggest frontrunners of all time. When he's got protection and can find open receivers he's unstopple, but once he starts getting hit too much and things stop going his way the pretty boy folds like a tent. They are a paper tiger.

[QUOTE=Cole;3820587]On Around the Horn tonight, they were already fellating the Patsies and asking the question "Are the Pats the team to beat?" :rolleyes:

I know it was that utter moron Tony Kornholer and all but I still almost threw up in my mouth.

They are very good at feasting on wounded teams, or just have unreal luck catching them at the right time, but sooner or later their soft defense and aging o-line will be exposed. Also I know Sanchez gets accused of being a front running QB. Brady though, is one of the biggest frontrunners of all time. When he's got protection and can find open receivers he's unstopple, but once he starts getting hit too much and things stop going his way the pretty boy folds like a tent. They are a paper tiger.[/QUOTE]

Talking about injuries whats up with the Jets never having injury issues? Something in the water?

the patsies keep catching teams at the right time. they got the ravens when flacco was floundering, they got the viking when favre was hobbled by two bad ankles and now they get the steelers who are coming off losing 2 starting olinemen. what's going to be their excuse for losing to the packers, colts or even the bears?

[QUOTE=Kleckomania;3819160]The Steelers are definitely over rated. Like 'Austin' says above, their O line is in total shambles cause of serious injuries. Right now Flozell Adams is their best lineman, that's like saying Oliver Perez is our best starting pitcher. and missing Hines Ward tonite also didnt help..[/QUOTE]

no jet injuries? you've got to be kidding. jenkins is out, revis was out, slauson is out, and now cotchery and sanchez are banged up.

what patsie injuries are the equal?

[QUOTE=MACPAC;3820661]Talking about injuries whats up with the Jets never having injury issues? Something in the water?[/QUOTE]

The Defense may be getting better, but at the same time they were shredded by the Browns, so who knows. I will defer to the Indy game this weekend to see what type of defense they have.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;3819556]But, they're better than us! SAR I says so, it must be true!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Fixed

eh it's just matchups.Brady has owned the Steelers in his career..just like we always suck against the Steelers

Brady has had trouble against rex's d over the years.What scares me is those new tight ends the middle of the d (nickelback,safeties is the weak spot of this defense

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BFfan;3819590]EVERY TEAM has injuries. If you want to look at it that way- the Pats played without 2 of their starting o-lineman (Kaczur and Neal), their 2nd best d-lineman (Warren), [B]their best corner (Bodden),[/B] and Kevin Faulk.[/QUOTE]

heehee...that made me chuckle....:grouplaug

IMO, the Patsies are a hard team to figure out right now. This is as honest and objective I can be about our archrivals. I tend to think I know a little more than most opposing fans because I live in NE and am forced to deal with Patsy SH$T day in and day out.

1) BB is still just as good as they come. When he says after a win, "He's proud of his guys", I think he means it now more than ever. His ego would get in the way often in the past. He would march the party line by saying the right things like "I'm proud of my guys", but secretly he was thinking "I'm a better coach than anyone else and would very much love to insult the SH$Thead standing on the other sideline, but I can't because that would be rude".

2) Tom Brady is still an excellent QB. NOT as good as he once was, but still very good. I, personally, rate him as the fifth best QB in the league behind Aaron Rodgers, Payton Manning, Drew Brees, and Phillip Rivers. That's a lofty status.

3) Their defense hasn't played their best football yet. They are young and are yet to hit their stride. Their defense will NEVER be as good as their defense of years past. Their drafting strategy doesn't allow for it. I tend to believe their defense, with this current set of players, will never get a better ranking than the 8 to 15 slot. Better than average, but never top five, and NEVER as good as the Jets defense.

4) They are winning with smoke and mirrors right now. Last night against Pittsburgh was a real live win, but it's the first one they've had all year. Just due to lucky bounces they've been able to beat teams they are simply just not as good as. The San Diego game?? C'mon they got owned up and down the field and if the Chargers do not give the ball away with some inexplicably dumb plays they win easily. They got hammered by a strongly inferior team in the Browns. It really shows that while most of the league doesn't know how to play the Patsies, Rex Ryan and Eric Mangini certainly do.

5) They just DO NOT go away. They keep matching us win for win and not giving us any breathing room. BB knows the ONLY way he wins the division this season is to have a better record than us. We have the advantage in head to head matchups and division record and more than likely we will still come the end of the season. He must have a better record than us and he knows it.

6) All told, they are a fading team. I doubt they will ever win another SB. BB doesn't know how to draft those upper echelon players the way the Jets do. Either he doesn't know how to, or he's he's just too cheap to trade up. Just as soon as Brady retires or is forced into retirement, the Patsies will decline back to the laughing stock of the NFL WITH BB as their coach. It will show you that he was lucky to get Brady and that's the ONLY reason he has been able to be as successful as he's been.

7) For this season, however, they scare me. They just will not go away. I tend to believe after next weekend we will have some breathing room though. I cannot see them beating the Colts next weekend. The Colts are a superior team. But so are the Steelers and the Patsies already them. Go figure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Brady looked extremely hot last night.

That head flick he does to get his hair out of his eyes while he flashes that Hollywood smile makes me quiver.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3819977]The Pats surprising victory (at least to me) proves that its likely that the winner of the Pats Jets game is going to be the division champs[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be looking past the Colts next week Ken.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;3820661]Talking about injuries whats up with the Jets never having injury issues? Something in the water?[/QUOTE]
    No injury issues?

Revis, Pace, Jenkins, JT, now Cotchery, Slauson banged up, Ellis playing hurt, Lowery got banged up...

[QUOTE=Jordy;3820827]No injury issues?

Revis, Pace, Jenkins, JT, now Cotchery, Slauson banged up, Ellis playing hurt, Lowery got banged up...[/QUOTE]

Every team has guys banged up. The Pats have lost more key players to season ending IR than the Jets by far. Plain and simple.

That said, that's part of the game and shouldn't enter into any discussion of which is the better team.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3820945]Every team has guys banged up. The Pats have lost more key players to season ending IR than the Jets by far. Plain and simple.

That said, that's part of the game and shouldn't enter into any discussion of which is the better team.[/QUOTE]
    My response was to the comment "what's up with the Jets never having injury issues."

All League
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3820793][QUOTE]IMO, the Patsies are a hard team to figure out right now. This is as honest and objective I can be about our archrivals. I tend to think I know a little more than most opposing fans because I live in NE and am forced to deal with Patsy SH$T day in and day out.[/QUOTE]

My condolences, but you could move. I mean who would want to live in pristine Maine, when they could reside amongst the chemical plants of NJ. ;)

[QUOTE]1) BB is still just as good as they come. When he says after a win, "He's proud of his guys", I think he means it now more than ever.[/QUOTE]

I think BB is very happy coaching this team, mostly because he loves coaching, and with all these kids he gets to more of it than usual. It clearly one of his top 3 best coaching years. The other 2 being 2008 getting 11 wins without Brady, Harrison, etc. And 2001, which I think is the best coaching job over a single season in the history of the league.

[QUOTE]His ego would get in the way often in the past. He would march the party line by saying the right things like "I'm proud of my guys", but secretly he was thinking "I'm a better coach than anyone else and would very much love to insult the SH$Thead standing on the other sideline, but I can't because that would be rude".[/QUOTE]

This is just BS and you should know better living in the area. There isn't a coach in the league who tries to minimize his own impact than BB. He takes the blame when they lose. He credits the players when they win. EVERY opponent is the next coming of the 85 Bears. He avoids center stage like the plague (unlike some coaches in the league :rolleyes: ). When was the last time you heard BB utter the word "I" in public. I just doesn't happen.

By definition, all the guys who get to be NFL HC's have to have huge egos, just to get to where they are. However your characterization of BB as some kind of egomaniac just doesn't pass the smell test.

The "evil Bill" myth is one created by jealous haters who refuse to admit that his record stands on its own. And while it might pain Jet fans to acknowledge it, the Pats record over the last 10 years is simply remarkable. A point that is made even more emphatically by the fact that no one in the NFL has a better record than the Pats right now....in a rebuilding year.

[QUOTE]2) Tom Brady is still an excellent QB. NOT as good as he once was, but still very good. I, personally, rate him as the fifth best QB in the league behind Aaron Rodgers, Payton Manning, Drew Brees, and Phillip Rivers. That's a lofty status.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess we'll have to file this under "everyone has a right to his own opinion" BTW, in reality only Philip Rivers is having a better year than Brady. Brees is a great QB, but having a horrible year. Manning and Rodgers are having similar years to, Brady, it would be hard to quantify them as being better, especially when you look at who are the Pats skill players this year.

What Manning is doing in Indy, is laudable, but how much different is it to Brady's situation. He's had to literally change offenses in mid season. His RBs are BJGE and Danny Woodhead :eeK:. 3 of his 5 top receivers are in their first full year in the league. Another is coming off recent major knee surgery, and the last came to the team in mid season. Not exactly the stuff of legends.

[QUOTE] Their defense hasn't played their best football yet. They are young and are yet to hit their stride. Their defense will NEVER be as good as their defense of years past. Their drafting strategy doesn't allow for it. I tend to believe their defense, with this current set of players, will never get a better ranking than the 8 to 15 slot. Better than average, but never top five, and NEVER as good as the Jets defense.[/QUOTE]

Again you have the right to have this opinion. This defense ISN'T very good yet, but what kind of crystal ball do you have that would make you think that it couldn't evolve into something much better within the next few years.

There are a lot of nice players on that team that are VERY young. Plus next year they will get back a top end DLman (Ty Warren) and a very good tall CB (L Bodden)..... and as I hear it the Pats have a few draft picks coming up.

[QUOTE] They are winning with smoke and mirrors right now. Last night against Pittsburgh was a real live win, but it's the first one they've had all year. Just due to lucky bounces they've been able to beat teams they are simply just not as good as. The San Diego game?? C'mon they got owned up and down the field and if the Chargers do not give the ball away with some inexplicably dumb plays they win easily. They got hammered by a strongly inferior team in the Browns. It really shows that while most of the league doesn't know how to play the Patsies, Rex Ryan and Eric Mangini certainly do.[/QUOTE]

I can't argue this, though I thought the Miami win was VERY solid. But couldn't you say the same thing about the Jets last 3 wins? There were a lot of things that broke just right for the Jets in those games. Face it MJ, in this league it takes a few breaks to win games. Its just the good teams take advantage of them. The Jets and Pats are "good teams"

[QUOTE] They just DO NOT go away. They keep matching us win for win and not giving us any breathing room. BB knows the ONLY way he wins the division this season is to have a better record than us. We have the advantage in head to head matchups and division record and more than likely we will still come the end of the season. He must have a better record than us and he knows it.[/QUOTE]

Blah, Blah, Blah. You have a keen sense of the obvious. Why didn't I think of it. If you want to win the division, you better have the best record.:rolleyes: What an insight MJ :D .....Just kidding.

Bottom line it will likely come down to this. The winner of that Monday night game in Foxboro will win the division. Pretty siimple, I think....but both will likely make the playoffs in any case.

[QUOTE] All told, they are a fading team. I doubt they will ever win another SB. BB doesn't know how to draft those upper echelon players the way the Jets do. Either he doesn't know how to, or he's he's just too cheap to trade up. Just as soon as Brady retires or is forced into retirement, the Patsies will decline back to the laughing stock of the NFL WITH BB as their coach. It will show you that he was lucky to get Brady and that's the ONLY reason he has been able to be as successful as he's been.[/QUOTE]

This is so ridiculous it boggles the mind. FADING?????. Its rebuilding....and winning at the same time. The Pats have young players ALL OVER the field playing significant roles. And don't you think its time to stop playing the "draft card". Your #1 pick was demoted to being a dime back. Your #2 pick hasn't seen a Sunday yet. Your #3 pick has been "terminated", and your #4 pick....well that's been pretty well documented here. I can understand that watching Woodhead be productive game after game has to be pretty frustrating.

[QUOTE] For this season, however, they scare me. They just will not go away. I tend to believe after next weekend we will have some breathing room though. I cannot see them beating the Colts next weekend. The Colts are a superior team. But so are the Steelers and the Patsies already them. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

You should be scared MJ, because the best football for the Pats is AHEAD of them, on both offense and defense.

But I'll leave you with this hope. Parcells once said that for every rookie you start, you will lose one game. Well the Pats start 5 of them often 6. So while I suspect you will see more games like the Steeler one over the next 7 weeks, I fully expect to see a couple of Cleveland like games as well. It happens like that when you are "rebuilding" ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    hi ken

nice job of managing your JI fantasy team. Did you know the NFL has this thing called byes??

oh and "bye" the way, you owe me a thousand dollars, welsher