Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McNabb agrees to 5/$78m extension with the Redskins

All League

McNabb agrees to 5/$78m extension with the Redskins

[QUOTE=Michael Smith] Filed to ESPN: From the bench to the bank: #Redskins and Donovan McNabb have agreed to five year extension, worth 78 million, 40 guaranteed.[/QUOTE]Wow. Last I checked the Shanahan family thought he sucked as a QB and was too old and out of shape to finish a game.

40 million guaranteed.

I think I need to get a job working for Dan Snyder!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Crazy. I like McNabb, but a 5 year deal is too long, and the staff has openly come out and said they don't like his conditioning.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

lol

All League
    The Redskins are a ****ing retarded organization. Just absolutely retarded.

Moronic

Imagine the Skins without a salary cap :eek:

Brady's agent should be fired if McNabb is worth 5/78, Brady is worth 27million a year

[QUOTE=jetswin;3820269]lol[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Lol +1

Can't see this working out well at all, and while the money is great for McNabb, he can probably kiss his chances at a title goodbye now.

To think, he could have waited, and saw whomever the Vikings hire as Head Coach, then signed there to replace Favre, and been handing off to A.P. and tossing to those wideouts. Now, he's a Skin for Life.

lol.

I think this is a case of Dan Snyder telling Shannahan to "BACK THE FUK OFF" of McNabb 'cause he will be here for a while and if you don't like it, There's the fukin' door.

That's probably what's going on.....Dan doesn't give two sh*ts what Shannahan thinks. He finally has a halfway-competent QB for the first time since forever and he's not going to mess it up just 'cause Shannahan doesn't like him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I remember reading how Snyder was infatuated with Sanchez before the draft. We're lucky that Mangini was willing to trade with us so we could move up. Things could've turned out very different for us and Washington.

All League
    [QUOTE=Vin;3820283]I think this is a case of Dan Snyder telling Shannahan to "BACK THE FUK OFF" of McNabb 'cause he will be here for a while and if you don't like it, There's the fukin' door.

That's probably what's going on.....Dan doesn't give two sh*ts what Shannahan thinks. He finally has a halfway-competent QB for the first time since forever and he's not going to mess it up just 'cause Shannahan doesn't like him.[/QUOTE]

So you pay a "halfway-competent" quarterback 78 million? :huh:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Can this really be a "real" deal? Perhaps there is something more that meets the eye and the money is merely an accounting move allowing them to cut him.

And is it really $27 million? As we all know, everyone has their own definition of "guaranteed".

I'll withhold my shock and awe because I really don't believe this deal is what people are reporting it is.
    Last edited by crasherino; 11-15-2010 at 03:54 PM.

[QUOTE=MCBNY;3820287]So you pay a "halfway-competent" quarterback 78 million? :huh:[/QUOTE]

Well...It's Donovan McNabb. Not exactly Chad Henne, you know. :D

You pay the man...or in Snyder's case, you OVERpay the man. ;)

All League
    [QUOTE=Vin;3820297]Well...It's Donovan McNabb. Not exactly Chad Henne, you know. :D

You pay the man...or in Snyder's case, you OVERpay the man. ;)[/QUOTE]

I wish Dan Snyder were an AFC East team owner.

seems like a lot for a qb with no stamina and cant run a 2 minute offense

[QUOTE=sect313;3820309]seems like a lot for a qb with no stamina and cant run a 2 minute offense[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there. ;)

This deal makes no sense other than Snyder doesn't care about money.

They could have just franchise tagged him for ~$16MM next year, which is probably less than what he'll be scheduled to make in 2011.

[QUOTE=Kotch;3820328]This deal makes no sense other than Snyder doesn't care about money.

They could have just franchise tagged him for ~$16MM next year, which is probably less than what he'll be scheduled to make in 2011.[/QUOTE]

You should've stopped after your first sentence 'cause that's EXACTLY why he signed him to that amount. That guy must have more money than Bill Gates for him to toss around contracts like that as if they were gift certificates....

Jets Insider VIP
    Front loaded hopefully?

Stupid deal.

Lets just wait to see how much may be in a fake 5th year. But if this is as advertised then this is ridiculous. But how happy must P. Manning be?

What is he gonna get 8/800?