Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McNabb agrees to 5/$78m extension with the Redskins

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MrJames;3820340]Lets just wait to see how much may be in a fake 5th year. But if this is as advertised then this is ridiculous. But how happy must P. Manning be?

What is he gonna get 8/800?[/QUOTE]

Peyton is going to be like :

[img]http://www.best-of-web.com/_images/080508-201547-959007.jpg[/img]
    [b]CHA-CHING...CHA-CHING![/b]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we keep this secret from Revis?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. This is definitely a shock after what happened the last time the Redskins were on the field. This move has Snyder over Shanahan written all over it. Even Kyle, Mike's son and the Offensive Coordinator, has said that McNabb doesn't fit his offense. Well, guess what Kyle, if you want to stay in Washington you better make him work in your offense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;3820260]Wow. Last I checked the Shanahan family thought he sucked as a QB and was too old and out of shape to finish a game.

40 million guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Definition
    By Mayo Clinic staff

Bipolar disorder sometimes called manic-depressive disorder causes mood swings that range from of the lows of depression to the highs of mania. When you become depressed, you may feel sad or hopeless and lose interest or pleasure in most activities. When your mood shifts in the other direction, you may feel euphoric and full of energy. Mood shifts may only occur only a few times a year, or as often as several times a day. In some cases, bipolar disorder causes symptoms of depression and mania at the same time.

Although bipolar disorder is a disruptive, long-term condition, you can keep your moods in check by following a treatment plan. In most cases, bipolar disorder can be controlled with medications and psychological counseling (psychotherapy). [/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think McNabb proved in Philly that he's a Franchise Quarterback, albeit maybe not a Top 5 one (Like he'll now be paid as).

What he needs though is some better targets then Santana Moss and a bunch of nobodies at WR, and a coach that won't pull him out of a 2 minute drill for whatever bull**** reason Shanahan wants to come up with now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Brunnell just crapped his pants.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3820613]I think McNabb proved in Philly that he's a Franchise Quarterback, albeit maybe not a Top 5 one (Like he'll now be paid as).

What he needs though is some better targets then Santana Moss and a bunch of nobodies at WR, and a coach that won't pull him out of a 2 minute drill for whatever bull**** reason Shanahan wants to come up with now.[/QUOTE]

I agree that McNabb is a franchise quarterback.

As long as your franchise doesn't want to win a Superbowl.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3820291]Can this really be a "real" deal? Perhaps there is something more that meets the eye and the money is merely an accounting move allowing them to cut him.

And is it really $27 million? As we all know, everyone has their own definition of "guaranteed".

I'll withhold my shock and awe because I really don't believe this deal is what people are reporting it is.[/QUOTE]

Im sure this is the case Crash. I dont think anyone has any info on this deal yet, but this is my guess on it:

1. The money is in line with Brady deal and Brady only received true guarantees on about 40% of the reported number. McNabb is nowhere near the player Brady is so we can probably guess that of his 40 million most is an injury guarantee and the only fully guaranteed money is in the ballpark of 22 million. That 22 million would be around the guarantee of a top 10 drafted QB.

2. The Skins can max his salary out to reach a prorated salary of 12 million. He already earned 3.75M this year and unless there were some other hidden bonuses there (and i dont think there were many) he can get just under 8M of the 22 million in real money this year with no cap hit.

3. The Redskins use these funky signing bonuses that put termination clauses completely in the hands of the players making all the money accelerate into the uncapped season. If they want to they can give him the balance of it this year and get off scott free when they cut him and also remove all future prorations. My guess is he gets another 10 million in that

4. They will guarantee a portion of his salary next season (4 millionish) likely as a roster bonus, and give him another ballooned salary of about 8 million.

5. Essentially that would mean the Redskins were willing to pay him around 30 million dollars for two years to get the major headache off their hands of his moping around. If he doesnt play well they can cut him in this scenario with minimal cap hit by paying him 4 million to go away.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3820628]I agree that McNabb is a franchise quarterback.

As long as your franchise doesn't want to win a Superbowl.[/QUOTE]

Donovan McNabb = a better version of Chad Pennington

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's insane.

I like McNabb, but he's on the old side, injury prone, and his skills have diminished. The Skins are nuts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/buzzsaw51/1289885495344.png[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3821020][IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/buzzsaw51/1289885495344.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Somebody should respond to him :

It's Dan Snyder.

Owens response would be : "Oh...yeah. That's right. Nevermind then. Don't forget to watch the next episode of the T.OCHO Show."

;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Just pulled this from the other thread, but figured its worth putting here as well....

[QUOTE]One of the contract's most significant points is a payment due this offseason, when the Redskins must decide whether or not to pay McNabb a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it would trigger the rest of the contract and make Washington liable for McNabb's $2.5 million base salary in 2011.

So in essence, the Redskins paid McNabb $3.75 million in 2010 for the right to pay him $12.5 million in 2011 and control his rights. If the Redskins cut him after this season or trade him, they are only on the hook for the $3.75 million.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That deal is beyond moronic. Dan Snyder is out of his mind.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vick's contract is up after this season. With the way he's been playing and with McNabb's new contract, I wonder what Vick will be worth. Either way, Dan Snyder sucks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3821497]That deal is beyond moronic. Dan Snyder is out of his mind.[/QUOTE]

Based on the numbers Crash posted above, actually the deal isn't that bad. I guess technically the money is "injury guaranteed" which is where they pulled the $40M guaranteed out from. However, $3.75M for this year, with the option to resign for $12M next year makes a ton more sense.

Actually this is quite the logical deal for Redskins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My best guess on this situation is that it sets up Washington with a sign and trade (Minnesota perhaps)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;3821671]My best guess on this situation is that it sets up Washington with a sign and trade (Minnesota perhaps)[/QUOTE]

or Miami...