Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ERIC SMITH IS HORRIBLE!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3820519]no dude, he pretty much suks donkey dik...[/QUOTE]

He's a Republican. What do you expect? :D

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uggh, the annual tradition.

Did not have a good game yesterday but I dare you to find a better solution. He did whiff on McCoy ONCE not repeatedly as some would suggest. He did get left behind by Watson early on. The play on the last drive, he was right there but just didn't get his head around.

Smith played a lot yesterday because Brodney sat for some time in the 2nd and 3rd. Why that was I wasn't sure. Jimmy was playing the Free and Smith was underneath. As far as covering the TEs, I don't disagree with the DLow call. I don't know where he was yesterday after having closed out two other games, yesterday was begging for another DLow, The Closer appearance.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3820570]CBTY. will there be any solid safety help available in the draft?[/QUOTE]

awful class...but then again good safety's can be had in rounds 3/4/5...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3820606]He's a Republican. What do you expect? :D[/QUOTE]

figuring the was he's getting his ass beat every week i thought for sure he was a liberal supporter of obama...:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a back up safety, nothing more nothing less. He has value and clearly has his good and bad games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jasper17;3820609]I don't disagree with the DLow call. [B]I don't know where he was yesterday after having closed out two other games[/B], yesterday was begging for another DLow, The Closer appearance.[/QUOTE]
    There was too much positive chatter on JI. The coaches had to shut him down.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's always been bad in coverage...

But, he's highly intelligent and can lay the wood...

Not unlike another white safety on the team...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jasper17;3820609]Uggh, the annual tradition.

Did not have a good game yesterday but I dare you to find a better solution. He did whiff on McCoy ONCE not repeatedly as some would suggest. He did get left behind by Watson early on. The play on the last drive, he was right there but just didn't get his head around.

Smith played a lot yesterday because Brodney sat for some time in the 2nd and 3rd. Why that was I wasn't sure. Jimmy was playing the Free and Smith was underneath. As far as covering the TEs, I don't disagree with the DLow call. I don't know where he was yesterday after having closed out two other games, yesterday was begging for another DLow, The Closer appearance.[/QUOTE]

I think Smith got more playing time yesterday because Browns are primarily a running team, and Smith's better in the running game than Pool.

Also Lowery got injured yesterday, that's why he was out at the end.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3820584]He's on his team because he's one of our best special teams players. Period... And that is important.[/QUOTE]

+1. He is the Jets' special teams captain for a reason. Tackles, blocked punts, blocks, etc.
    Calling him horrible. Unreal.:O
    Last edited by RoadFan; 11-15-2010 at 08:36 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3820758]+1. He is the Jets' special teams captain for a reason. Tackles, blocked punts, blocks, etc.
    Calling him horrible. Unreal.:O[/QUOTE]

Nothing said above regarding coverage, that is the problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eric Smith gargles balls.

People always say he is decent, but Smith is absolute garbage and has been for years. Last year he was ok, but outside of that, dude has been ****.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3820758]+1. He is the Jets' special teams captain for a reason. Tackles, blocked punts, blocks, etc.
    Calling him horrible. Unreal.:O[/QUOTE]

i was referring to his coverage skills..sorry for not being specific..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eric Smith has the proud distinction of simply being the Worst pass coverage player on the entire Jets roster...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one has mentioned Ihedigbo yet. He's actually one of my favorite players: aggressive as hell, big hitter, ALWAYS fired up. Just a guy no one talks about.

He only usually comes in on third down nickel packages as a blitzer, so his coverage may not be the best either, but I hope he gets some more reps over Smith. Rex seems to like Dig, so maybe he'll platoon up the depth chart.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think all our safetys blow.. but thats just me..:)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The issue is with Leonhard or Smith (or BOTH) covering an athletic TE that can catch passes.

That's a good recipe to beat the Jets.

It's kinda odd that Rex loves CBs that can do it all, but then fills the Safety position with slow white guys.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3821064]No one has mentioned Ihedigbo yet. He's actually one of my favorite players: aggressive as hell, big hitter, ALWAYS fired up. Just a guy no one talks about.

He only usually comes in on third down nickel packages as a blitzer, so his coverage may not be the best either, but I hope he gets some more reps over Smith. Rex seems to like Dig, so maybe he'll platoon up the depth chart.[/QUOTE]

My son in law knew the Ihedigbo family & played Lacrosse against him. Says he was never hit harder by anyone. But, he's as dumb as a box of rocks!
    That's why the only thing Rex uses him for is Blitzing & holding the edge.
    Even holding the edge is a problem as I specifically remember him blowing contain on a 3rd down vs Aaron Rogers on a huge 3rd down.
    He went inside on the fake handoff & would not have had any chance to make that play, then Rogers ran to the spot he vacated.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    His coverage skills are not good, it seems he is always a step slow I like to see less Eric Smith on passing downs.

Worm

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't have any safeties that can cover a guy one on one.

Pool, Smith and Leonard are all very mediocre.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lowery had a concussion during the game I believe...