Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about a little optimism??

How about a little optimism??

I normally don't post but have been reading these boards for quite some time. If this board is an indication of the average Jet fan its clear to me that the problem isn't SOJ its Same old Jet fans.

Can't we be happy that we are 7-2-the best friggin record in the league??!! After coming off a year that brought us to the AFC championship. It is a rare thing for a Jet fan to have an elite team to root for, but guess what we have it. Enjoy it. We won our last 2 games with the offense moving the ball, but all it takes is one incomplete pass for the board to erupt with calls for Shottys head. Not every play will go for 10 yards not for us not for anyone(even the Pats).

On to the D-Do you guys realize we have given up THE LEAST points in the AFC (and have the best point differential). I know no pass rush, the screen works against us too much...We have given up the least points -Thats less than the Ravens and less than the Steelers. Isn't that the name of the game?
    No team is perfect the Pats lost to the Browns a week ago, The Giants lost to the Cowboys this week. Enjoy the win-the don't happen every week.

And please don't groan and boo when Folk tries his first FG on Sunday...Cheer him on its our job as fans

Sorry about the rant

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

What you don't understand is that we are playing beneath our capabilities. That might fly against the scrubs of the NFL in Denver, Detroit, and Cleveland, but we've got New England, Pittsburgh, and Chicago on the schedule and we're not going to beat them playing like we are this last month. Houston and Cincinnati are hungry, talented teams that we have to play in a single week and that's after back-to-back OT games on the road. We're in trouble.

SOJ never existed. It's just a myth. Get that theory out of your head. It's just that the stakes have never been any higher. We [I]are [/I]capable of winning the Super Bowl. We really [I]are[/I].

But only if we get our heads out of our asses and play a complete game.

SAR I

really so same old jets fans are the problem? for whom? because maybe many fans recognize that we are seeing a tease instead of a dominant team? want to see domination, look at what the eagles are doing right now. (okay so the reskins just had a long completion). the point is for the past 4 weeks, the jets have been winning on luck. their loss against the packers was well deserved. they scored ZERO points. care to guess how many teams have been shut out this season? bet the number is less than 5 yet the 7-2 best record in the league team managed it. jets fans have a right to be worried.

[QUOTE=drcgull;3820819]I normally don't post but have been reading these boards for quite some time. If this board is an indication of the average Jet fan its clear to me that the problem isn't SOJ its Same old Jet fans.

Can't we be happy that we are 7-2-the best friggin record in the league??!! After coming off a year that brought us to the AFC championship. It is a rare thing for a Jet fan to have an elite team to root for, but guess what we have it. Enjoy it. We won our last 2 games with the offense moving the ball, but all it takes is one incomplete pass for the board to erupt with calls for Shottys head. Not every play will go for 10 yards not for us not for anyone(even the Pats).

On to the D-Do you guys realize we have given up THE LEAST points in the AFC (and have the best point differential). I know no pass rush, the screen works against us too much...We have given up the least points -Thats less than the Ravens and less than the Steelers. Isn't that the name of the game?
    No team is perfect the Pats lost to the Browns a week ago, The Giants lost to the Cowboys this week. Enjoy the win-the don't happen every week.

And please don't groan and boo when Folk tries his first FG on Sunday...Cheer him on its our job as fans

Sorry about the rant[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3820829]What you don't understand is that we are playing beneath our capabilities. That might fly against the scrubs of the NFL in Denver, Detroit, and Cleveland, but we've got New England, Pittsburgh, and Chicago on the schedule and we're not going to beat them playing like we are this last month. Houston and Cincinnati are hungry, talented teams that we have to play in a single week and that's after back-to-back OT games on the road. We're in trouble.

SOJ never existed. It's just a myth. Get that theory out of your head. It's just that the stakes have never been any higher. We [I]are [/I]capable of winning the Super Bowl. We really [I]are[/I].

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Exactly

What you don't understand is that each game is another battle. No team plays their best game week in and week out. When you win its a good thing (I've seen enough losses when we played good over the years). Just because we didn't play our best last week( I actually think we played pretty good this week), it doesn't mean we won't play great against the Pats Steelers or Bears-or they may not play their best against us. I bet you thought we could never beat a good team when we lost to the Jags or Falcons last year....guess what we won 2 playoff games one against a very strong Chargers team. Enjoy the 7-2 record. These are the good times.......

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=drcgull;3820854]What you don't understand is that each game is another battle. No team plays their best game week in and week out. When you win its a good thing (I've seen enough losses when we played good over the years). Just because we didn't play our best last week( I actually think we played pretty good this week), it doesn't mean we won't play great against the Pats Steelers or Bears-or they may not play their best against us. I bet you thought we could never beat a good team when we lost to the Jags or Falcons last year....guess what we won 2 playoff games one against a very strong Chargers team. Enjoy the 7-2 record. These are the good times.......[/QUOTE]

+1

a W is a W...patriots won 3 SB titles by a combined 9 pts..no one gives a **** about the score just win...people here need something to chew on though i guess idk

The team is still improving and developing, the fact that they are finding ways to win the close ones is a plus. With the talent thats on this roster, if we can ever put it all together we will be one scary team.

Veteran
    If the season ended today, we'd have home field throughout. No matter how we got there.
    If this team ever comes together completely, I'll Namath the SB, b/c we'll be hands down favorites.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3820829]What you don't understand is that we are playing beneath our capabilities. That might fly against the scrubs of the NFL in Denver, Detroit, and Cleveland, but we've got New England, Pittsburgh, and Chicago on the schedule and we're not going to beat them playing like we are this last month. Houston and Cincinnati are hungry, talented teams that we have to play in a single week and that's after back-to-back OT games on the road. We're in trouble.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You realize that the browns are a dam good team and we were basically their superbowl

This is as simply as I can put it: I'm optimistic as f***. Because slowly but surely this team is learning to believe in what it can really do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Hey drcgull welcome to the board. Don't listen to these guys, they became Jets fans this summer when Hard Knocks called the Jets Superbowl contenders.

I got plenty of miles on the Jets fan odometer...I'm with you. 7 and 2 is 7 and 2. If these guys suffered through a tenth of the soul-crushing losses I've suffered through, they'd realize what bandwagon allen-wrenches they sound like.

Post of the year. We need to embrace any win and just make the playoffs. After that it's anyone's game. The negativity on this site is same reason why we don't have a homefield advantage, the fans expect the team to fail. WE ARE WINNING!

I'm glad that I am seeing some support. Even one thread of optimism is a nice change of pace on the boards. I know I'm enjoying this season
    7-2

[QUOTE=shakin318;3820946]Hey drcgull welcome to the board. Don't listen to these guys, they became Jets fans this summer when Hard Knocks called the Jets Superbowl contenders.

I got plenty of miles on the Jets fan odometer...I'm with you. 7 and 2 is 7 and 2. If these guys suffered through a tenth of the soul-crushing losses I've suffered through, they'd realize what bandwagon allen-wrenches they sound like.[/QUOTE]

By far the most asinine post I've ever read (and that's saying something).

I've been a Jet fan for 30 + years . . . just long enough to know this is one of the BEST teams we've ever put on the field. And when a team with that much talent hasn't put a "complete" game together in over a month, yeah, I think it's cause for concern.

Just because some of you are content to "enjoy the ride" doesn't discount the rest of us who actually have expectations for the season. . .:rolleyes:

Edit: just noticed you're a board moderator . . . wow, just wow . . .
    Last edited by OCCH; 11-15-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... funny that this finally brought you to start posting seagull :cool: ...

... we are really in a good position at the halfway post ...

... that is all we could hope for ...

... the team is in relative good shape healthwise ... and our biggest ? coming into the year - sanchez - has been playing better and better ...

... it's a great time to be a jets fan ...

... please keep up the posting! ... :clapper:

l_j_r

[QUOTE=drcgull;3820819]I normally don't post but have been reading these boards for quite some time. If this board is an indication of the average Jet fan its clear to me that the problem isn't SOJ its Same old Jet fans.

Sorry about the rant[/QUOTE]

Don't be sorry, post more often, the SOJF on this site are downright embarrassing.

You said it best, we are right in the middle of one of the most historic periods in Jets football, and there are clowns on this site *****ing about this team.

Either the are too young and ignorant, or they have completely lot their minds.

Its downright embarrassing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=OCCH;3820949]By far the most asinine post I've ever read (and that's saying something).

I've been a Jet fan for 30 + years . . . just long enough to know this is one of the BEST teams we've ever put on the field. And when a team with that much talent hasn't put a "complete" game together in over a month, yeah, I think it's cause for concern.

Just because some of you are content to "enjoy the ride" doesn't discount the rest of us who actually have expectations for the season. . .:rolleyes:

Edit: just noticed you're a board moderator . . . wow, just wow . . .[/QUOTE]

I hear you. We're winning, but we're not winning in a way that satisfies you. Yep, that's definitely a long-suffering Jets fan, no doubt about it.

face it guys most games are going to be close and decided by a few plays. If you come out on top then enjoy it

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Chupa;3820931]You realize that the browns are a dam good team and we were basically their superbowl[/QUOTE]

The Cleveland Browns are 3-6. That's a "damn" good team in your book? Rex laid platitudes to prop-up his brother. Don't take him seriously.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=shakin318;3820975]I hear you. We're winning, but we're not winning in a way that satisfies you. Yep, that's definitely a long-suffering Jets fan, no doubt about it.[/QUOTE]

It's funny I've been a fan since the Titan days but I never was part of the SOJF syndrome.. I don't look at life or sports with a loser attitude I guess..:cool: