Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: How about a little optimism??

  1. #1

    How about a little optimism??

    I normally don't post but have been reading these boards for quite some time. If this board is an indication of the average Jet fan its clear to me that the problem isn't SOJ its Same old Jet fans.

    Can't we be happy that we are 7-2-the best friggin record in the league??!! After coming off a year that brought us to the AFC championship. It is a rare thing for a Jet fan to have an elite team to root for, but guess what we have it. Enjoy it. We won our last 2 games with the offense moving the ball, but all it takes is one incomplete pass for the board to erupt with calls for Shottys head. Not every play will go for 10 yards not for us not for anyone(even the Pats).

    On to the D-Do you guys realize we have given up THE LEAST points in the AFC (and have the best point differential). I know no pass rush, the screen works against us too much...We have given up the least points -Thats less than the Ravens and less than the Steelers. Isn't that the name of the game?
    No team is perfect the Pats lost to the Browns a week ago, The Giants lost to the Cowboys this week. Enjoy the win-the don't happen every week.

    And please don't groan and boo when Folk tries his first FG on Sunday...Cheer him on its our job as fans

    Sorry about the rant

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    What you don't understand is that we are playing beneath our capabilities. That might fly against the scrubs of the NFL in Denver, Detroit, and Cleveland, but we've got New England, Pittsburgh, and Chicago on the schedule and we're not going to beat them playing like we are this last month. Houston and Cincinnati are hungry, talented teams that we have to play in a single week and that's after back-to-back OT games on the road. We're in trouble.

    SOJ never existed. It's just a myth. Get that theory out of your head. It's just that the stakes have never been any higher. We are capable of winning the Super Bowl. We really are.

    But only if we get our heads out of our asses and play a complete game.

    SAR I

  3. #3
    really so same old jets fans are the problem? for whom? because maybe many fans recognize that we are seeing a tease instead of a dominant team? want to see domination, look at what the eagles are doing right now. (okay so the reskins just had a long completion). the point is for the past 4 weeks, the jets have been winning on luck. their loss against the packers was well deserved. they scored ZERO points. care to guess how many teams have been shut out this season? bet the number is less than 5 yet the 7-2 best record in the league team managed it. jets fans have a right to be worried.

    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    I normally don't post but have been reading these boards for quite some time. If this board is an indication of the average Jet fan its clear to me that the problem isn't SOJ its Same old Jet fans.

    Can't we be happy that we are 7-2-the best friggin record in the league??!! After coming off a year that brought us to the AFC championship. It is a rare thing for a Jet fan to have an elite team to root for, but guess what we have it. Enjoy it. We won our last 2 games with the offense moving the ball, but all it takes is one incomplete pass for the board to erupt with calls for Shottys head. Not every play will go for 10 yards not for us not for anyone(even the Pats).

    On to the D-Do you guys realize we have given up THE LEAST points in the AFC (and have the best point differential). I know no pass rush, the screen works against us too much...We have given up the least points -Thats less than the Ravens and less than the Steelers. Isn't that the name of the game?
    No team is perfect the Pats lost to the Browns a week ago, The Giants lost to the Cowboys this week. Enjoy the win-the don't happen every week.

    And please don't groan and boo when Folk tries his first FG on Sunday...Cheer him on its our job as fans

    Sorry about the rant

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,366
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What you don't understand is that we are playing beneath our capabilities. That might fly against the scrubs of the NFL in Denver, Detroit, and Cleveland, but we've got New England, Pittsburgh, and Chicago on the schedule and we're not going to beat them playing like we are this last month. Houston and Cincinnati are hungry, talented teams that we have to play in a single week and that's after back-to-back OT games on the road. We're in trouble.

    SOJ never existed. It's just a myth. Get that theory out of your head. It's just that the stakes have never been any higher. We are capable of winning the Super Bowl. We really are.

    But only if we get our heads out of our asses and play a complete game.

    SAR I
    Exactly

  5. #5
    What you don't understand is that each game is another battle. No team plays their best game week in and week out. When you win its a good thing (I've seen enough losses when we played good over the years). Just because we didn't play our best last week( I actually think we played pretty good this week), it doesn't mean we won't play great against the Pats Steelers or Bears-or they may not play their best against us. I bet you thought we could never beat a good team when we lost to the Jags or Falcons last year....guess what we won 2 playoff games one against a very strong Chargers team. Enjoy the 7-2 record. These are the good times.......

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cedar Grove, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    What you don't understand is that each game is another battle. No team plays their best game week in and week out. When you win its a good thing (I've seen enough losses when we played good over the years). Just because we didn't play our best last week( I actually think we played pretty good this week), it doesn't mean we won't play great against the Pats Steelers or Bears-or they may not play their best against us. I bet you thought we could never beat a good team when we lost to the Jags or Falcons last year....guess what we won 2 playoff games one against a very strong Chargers team. Enjoy the 7-2 record. These are the good times.......
    +1

    a W is a W...patriots won 3 SB titles by a combined 9 pts..no one gives a **** about the score just win...people here need something to chew on though i guess idk

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,586
    The team is still improving and developing, the fact that they are finding ways to win the close ones is a plus. With the talent thats on this roster, if we can ever put it all together we will be one scary team.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,423
    If the season ended today, we'd have home field throughout. No matter how we got there.
    If this team ever comes together completely, I'll Namath the SB, b/c we'll be hands down favorites.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,393
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What you don't understand is that we are playing beneath our capabilities. That might fly against the scrubs of the NFL in Denver, Detroit, and Cleveland, but we've got New England, Pittsburgh, and Chicago on the schedule and we're not going to beat them playing like we are this last month. Houston and Cincinnati are hungry, talented teams that we have to play in a single week and that's after back-to-back OT games on the road. We're in trouble.

    SOJ never existed. It's just a myth. Get that theory out of your head. It's just that the stakes have never been any higher. We are capable of winning the Super Bowl. We really are.

    But only if we get our heads out of our asses and play a complete game.

    SAR I
    You realize that the browns are a dam good team and we were basically their superbowl

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,007
    This is as simply as I can put it: I'm optimistic as f***. Because slowly but surely this team is learning to believe in what it can really do.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Hey drcgull welcome to the board. Don't listen to these guys, they became Jets fans this summer when Hard Knocks called the Jets Superbowl contenders.

    I got plenty of miles on the Jets fan odometer...I'm with you. 7 and 2 is 7 and 2. If these guys suffered through a tenth of the soul-crushing losses I've suffered through, they'd realize what bandwagon allen-wrenches they sound like.

  12. #12
    Post of the year. We need to embrace any win and just make the playoffs. After that it's anyone's game. The negativity on this site is same reason why we don't have a homefield advantage, the fans expect the team to fail. WE ARE WINNING!

  13. #13
    I'm glad that I am seeing some support. Even one thread of optimism is a nice change of pace on the boards. I know I'm enjoying this season
    7-2

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,325
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Hey drcgull welcome to the board. Don't listen to these guys, they became Jets fans this summer when Hard Knocks called the Jets Superbowl contenders.

    I got plenty of miles on the Jets fan odometer...I'm with you. 7 and 2 is 7 and 2. If these guys suffered through a tenth of the soul-crushing losses I've suffered through, they'd realize what bandwagon allen-wrenches they sound like.

    By far the most asinine post I've ever read (and that's saying something).

    I've been a Jet fan for 30 + years . . . just long enough to know this is one of the BEST teams we've ever put on the field. And when a team with that much talent hasn't put a "complete" game together in over a month, yeah, I think it's cause for concern.

    Just because some of you are content to "enjoy the ride" doesn't discount the rest of us who actually have expectations for the season. . .

    Edit: just noticed you're a board moderator . . . wow, just wow . . .
    Last edited by OCCH; 11-15-2010 at 11:03 PM.

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,321
    ... funny that this finally brought you to start posting seagull ...


    ... we are really in a good position at the halfway post ...

    ... that is all we could hope for ...

    ... the team is in relative good shape healthwise ... and our biggest ? coming into the year - sanchez - has been playing better and better ...


    ... it's a great time to be a jets fan ...


    ... please keep up the posting! ...







    l_j_r

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,784
    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    I normally don't post but have been reading these boards for quite some time. If this board is an indication of the average Jet fan its clear to me that the problem isn't SOJ its Same old Jet fans.

    Can't we be happy that we are 7-2-the best friggin record in the league??!! After coming off a year that brought us to the AFC championship. It is a rare thing for a Jet fan to have an elite team to root for, but guess what we have it. Enjoy it. We won our last 2 games with the offense moving the ball, but all it takes is one incomplete pass for the board to erupt with calls for Shottys head. Not every play will go for 10 yards not for us not for anyone(even the Pats).

    On to the D-Do you guys realize we have given up THE LEAST points in the AFC (and have the best point differential). I know no pass rush, the screen works against us too much...We have given up the least points -Thats less than the Ravens and less than the Steelers. Isn't that the name of the game?
    No team is perfect the Pats lost to the Browns a week ago, The Giants lost to the Cowboys this week. Enjoy the win-the don't happen every week.

    And please don't groan and boo when Folk tries his first FG on Sunday...Cheer him on its our job as fans

    Sorry about the rant
    Don't be sorry, post more often, the SOJF on this site are downright embarrassing.

    You said it best, we are right in the middle of one of the most historic periods in Jets football, and there are clowns on this site *****ing about this team.

    Either the are too young and ignorant, or they have completely lot their minds.

    Its downright embarrassing.

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    By far the most asinine post I've ever read (and that's saying something).

    I've been a Jet fan for 30 + years . . . just long enough to know this is one of the BEST teams we've ever put on the field. And when a team with that much talent hasn't put a "complete" game together in over a month, yeah, I think it's cause for concern.

    Just because some of you are content to "enjoy the ride" doesn't discount the rest of us who actually have expectations for the season. . .

    Edit: just noticed you're a board moderator . . . wow, just wow . . .
    I hear you. We're winning, but we're not winning in a way that satisfies you. Yep, that's definitely a long-suffering Jets fan, no doubt about it.

  18. #18
    face it guys most games are going to be close and decided by a few plays. If you come out on top then enjoy it

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    You realize that the browns are a dam good team and we were basically their superbowl
    The Cleveland Browns are 3-6. That's a "damn" good team in your book? Rex laid platitudes to prop-up his brother. Don't take him seriously.

    SAR I

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I hear you. We're winning, but we're not winning in a way that satisfies you. Yep, that's definitely a long-suffering Jets fan, no doubt about it.
    It's funny I've been a fan since the Titan days but I never was part of the SOJF syndrome.. I don't look at life or sports with a loser attitude I guess..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us