Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How about a little optimism??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3821418]and you don't have to get angry just because every single PSL purchased by any fan of any NFL team if held for 3 seasons has generated a profit.

it's not my fault you missed out on this opportunity.[/QUOTE]

A (theoretical)profit that can only be realized by selling them and not going to games!

Quite a fan.

Feel free to ignore the price disparity between those PSL and the ones you bought. Hope you don't spend your expected profit too soon. Anyone can still by PSLs at the discounted price.

Jets Insider VIP
    keep blubbering. maybe the Same Old Jet Fans will be paying attention to you

as for me

I'm done with you

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3821439]keep blubbering. maybe the Same Old Jet Fans will be paying attention to you

as for me

I'm done with you[/QUOTE]

Typical.

You fire the first shot, and after being beaten savagely by logic on every exchange, you throw out SOJF like it is an insult and crawl away.

BTW - The Jets called, they need some more money for a decent electrical system.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3820988]It's funny I've been a fan since the Titan days but I never was part of the SOJF syndrome.. I don't look at life or sports with a loser attitude I guess..:cool:[/QUOTE]

Amen brother!

By the way, I like the way we are winning. Jets are dealing with adversity in game after game and still finding a way to win. This team is getting stronger as the season progresses. Nothing has come easy - yet. But I expect the team to find easier ways to win throughout the second half of the season. They have become resilient - now they can become dominant. :)

My take on the last 3 wins is that the main-stream opinion has been when the Pats win close games, they "know how to win" but when we win close games we are "lucky".

I think it is a little bit of luck with a bunch of Resiliency. Also, once you're able to win like we have in our last 3 victories, the confidence starts to grow and it hardesns us for close games in the future.

One of the things that no one has mentioned, after our 1998 appearance in the afc championship game, we were probably 2-7 to start 1999 or so by now and in 1983 we were probably only a little better....I'll take 7-2 anyday than seeing Vinny holding the achilles on opening day the year after a championship game no matter how we get there...

[QUOTE=sg3;3821418]and you don't have to get angry just because[B] every single PSL purchased by any fan of any NFL team if held for 3 seasons has generated a profit.[/B]
    it's not my fault you missed out on this opportunity.[/QUOTE]

I call BULL CRAP. Let me guess, you also own timeshare, too.:eek:

Here's a site full of people tryig to cut their losses.
    [URL="http://www.stadiumpsl.com/classifieds/index.php"]http://www.stadiumpsl.com/classifieds/index.php[/URL]

Jets Insider VIP
    of course, vinny

of course

The Jets will keep getting better as the season goes on.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=drcgull;3820819]I normally don't post but have been reading these boards for quite some time. If this board is an indication of the average Jet fan its clear to me that the problem isn't SOJ its Same old Jet fans.

Can't we be happy that we are 7-2-the best friggin record in the league??!! After coming off a year that brought us to the AFC championship. It is a rare thing for a Jet fan to have an elite team to root for, but guess what we have it. Enjoy it. We won our last 2 games with the offense moving the ball, but all it takes is one incomplete pass for the board to erupt with calls for Shottys head. Not every play will go for 10 yards not for us not for anyone(even the Pats).

On to the D-Do you guys realize we have given up THE LEAST points in the AFC (and have the best point differential). I know no pass rush, the screen works against us too much...We have given up the least points -Thats less than the Ravensy and less than the Steelers. Isn't that the name of the game?
    No teamt is perfect the Pats lost to the Browns a week ago, The Giants lost to the Cowboys this week. Enjoy the win-the don't happen every week.

And please don't groan and boo when Folk tries his first FG on Sunday...Cheer him on its our job as fans

Sorry about the rant[/QUOTE]

sojf is right the thing is they think that the tradition of loosing is going to catch up with new players. once i see Joe klecko ken obrien and curtis martin playing together on a Future jet team i wouldnt worry

[QUOTE=frankiepapa;3821565]I'll take 7-2 anyday than seeing Vinny holding the achilles on opening day the year after a championship game no matter how we get there...[/QUOTE]

Truly the worst day of my Jets-watching life. I have no doubt we would've made another run that year and broken through....

That would've also legitimized Vinny's Entire Career if he won a Ring instead of tearing his Achilles. With the Numbers he put up despite playing for so long, he might've had a shot(remote, I know but still a shot) of getting into the Hall....