Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Trading up for Cameron Heyward...

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa...Pace is the man. He's not the problem here. It's the nature of the position...Best way to improve the pass rush is to improve the front 3.
    It's exactly the other way around, the front 3 is there to occupy blockers and stop the run and the rush mainly comes from the OLB.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    It's exactly the other way around, the front 3 is there to occupy blockers and stop the run and the rush mainly comes from the OLB.
    That's whats going on now and it's not really working. We need a Ngata or Seymour type in this D...someone who can eat blockers as well as get a pass rush type push...Great D's are built on those guys.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    That's whats going on now and it's not really working. We need a Ngata or Seymour type in this D...someone who can eat blockers as well as get a pass rush type push...Great D's are built on those guys.
    To me Fairly from Auburn is the only guy to have the potential to be at that level. But he is going to be top 5-10 and now way do the jets have the ammo to move up that far.

    Keep an eye on Lawrence Guy from Arizona state. when they play UCLA this weekend. Being that he is from the pac ten, i dont get to see him often but what little I seen backs up what some people say about him.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    That's whats going on now and it's not really working. We need a Ngata or Seymour type in this D...someone who can eat blockers as well as get a pass rush type push...Great D's are built on those guys.
    No, the problem right now are our OLB. Pittsburgh has only run stuffers inside yet are nasty on the QB. Pair that with our secondary and not their crappy CBs then you have a special D. An inside pass rusher is great and all but the real pressure in the 3-4 comes from the edge.

    Nick Fairley would be awesome as he good both against the run and the pass.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    No, the problem right now are our OLB. Pittsburgh has only run stuffers inside yet are nasty on the QB. Pair that with our secondary and not their crappy CBs then you have a special D. An inside pass rusher is great and all but the real pressure in the 3-4 comes from the edge.

    Nick Fairley would be awesome as he good both against the run and the pass.
    Gotta admit a Hampton/Smith combo is dominant inside...Hampton's playing extremely well this year with Smith out...That DL opens up things for their LBs all the time.

    I don't care about an inside pass rusher specifically...hell, Heyward isn't anything special as a pass rusher...A dominant inside man will improve *all* of the pass rush...inside and outside...there's no one in DL who demands a double team every snap and that affects our LB play as much as anything else.

    I'd love Fairley here. Stick him or Heyward at RDE in Rex's D for a long time and we've got step one to the best DL in the NFL.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 11-25-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us