Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Everyone Confident?

Is Everyone Confident?

Ok- So each week we have discussions regarding Shottenhiemer and the playcalling.
    We all know that Houston is a "SOFT" team, but we also know that the Texans are a team that can easily put up 24 points.

So, are all the Shotty lovers confident that we will score over 24 points?
    I'm not doing this to start trouble
    In fact I believe that the Texans will have a really hard time stopping our running game, but we all know that you have to score TDs in the redzone against a team like the Texans.

This game scares me because we have trouble getting into the endzone.
    This is Detroit X 2
    If we play this game from behind you know our fans will sit on their hands and probably add some nice boos along the way.
    It's just strange that I don't have as much confidence @ home compared to road games.

Veteran
    I'm confident that if Sanchez has a good game, then the Jets will have no problem putting up points. The Texans have a historically bad defense, so offense shouldn't be a problem as long as the offense executes.

Banned
    Two things need to happen for us to win:

1) Schitthead needs to mix it up and stop abandoning the run once they're inside the 15 yard line. For whatever reason he seems married to the shotgun formation once we get to that point.

2) The defense needs to hit Schaub early and often. Last year they rattled him the way I've never seen a Jets defense rattle a QB. He was gun-shy by the second half of that game. They need to do that to him again.

If those two things happen we will light them up. If they don't it'll be another aggravating day.

Hall Of Fame
    Texans Defense is terrible but I can see us losing this game . The key will be getting to the QB, him and Andre are deadly. We havent had a pick the past 4 games and the D isnt getting any pressure, this needs to end sunday!!

I'm looking forward to having a new OC next season.

That said, the Jets will put up more than 24 points on Sunday, and will give up fewer than 14.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3821305]Two things need to happen for us to win:

1) Schitthead needs to mix it up and stop abandoning the run once they're inside the 15 yard line. For whatever reason he seems married to the shotgun formation once we get to that point.

2) The defense needs to hit Schaub early and often. Last year they rattled him the way I've never seen a Jets defense rattle a QB. He was gun-shy by the second half of that game. They need to do that to him again.

If those two things happen we will light them up. If they don't it'll be another aggravating day.[/QUOTE]

They were no way ready for us last year.
    I believe that they will be doing what every other team has done to us, attack our safeties with drags, running backs out of the backfield ect.

Texans are a desperate team!
    They have the offensive fire power to put up some points. That's why playing with a lead is imperative for the Jets this week. We need to dictate! Use the running game to keep Shaub and their offense watching from the sidelines.
    But most importantly- FINISH LONG DRIVES WITH TDS!
    Do that & we will win going away.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3821313]I'm looking forward to having a new OC next season.

That said, the Jets will put up more than 24 points on Sunday, and will give up fewer than 14.[/QUOTE]

Do you think we can get a TD using the wildcat, triple reverse, where Brad Smith gets the ball back, throws to Keller who flips the ball back to Sanchez who streaks down the sideline?

Or on 1st and goal from the 6 we can have DBrick go in motion to the right side of the line, while Keller steps back into the backfield only to motion to his left and take the spot vacated by DBrick, while Trich goes in motion to the line of scrimmage, stops, wheels and returns back to where he started, oops

Flag..........................................Delay of game

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3821305]Two things need to happen for us to win:

If those two things happen we will light them up. If they don't it'll be another aggravating day.[/QUOTE]

Good post - it's what needs to happen on both sides. I don't share your venom for Schotty, but it is curious to say the least that he just has to put Sanchez in the shotgun regularly inside the RZ. That should be changed immediately.

I think this will be the toughest matchup for our defense this year, and I have zero confidence that they will put any real heat on Schaub. They beat the testosterone out of him last time around - I've never seen a QB so shaken up. But that was the debut of the Rex Ryan Jets (plus a beastly Jenkins). Teams have gameplanned the blitzes easily this year, so there's no way the Texans won't be ready to protect their QB.

The Texans are also the most well-rounded offense the Jets have played in recent weeks. The Broncos, Packers & Lions were pass-only teams. The Browns did most of their damage on the ground. So the key to me in this game is to shut down Foster early and make them one-dimensional. They might not get to Schaub, but at least they can focus on the passing game without the threat of being gashed on the ground.

[QUOTE=jetster;3821326]Do you think we can get a TD using the wildcat, triple reverse, where Brad Smith gets the ball back, throws to Keller who flips the ball back to Sanchez who streaks down the sideline?

Or on 1st and goal from the 6 we can have DBrick go in motion to the right side of the line, while Keller steps back into the backfield only to motion to his left and take the spot vacated by DBrick, while Trich goes in motion to the line of scrimmage, stops, wheels and returns back to where he started, oops

Flag..........................................Delay of game[/QUOTE]

Shhhh....I'm sure the Texans are monitoring this site.

Don't give away our secrets.

Rookie
    I am confident, this is a put it all together win waiting to happen. Jets 31-10.

[QUOTE=thechadzone10;3821309]Texans Defense is terrible but I can see us losing this game . The key will be getting to the QB, him and Andre are deadly. We havent had a pick the past 4 games and the D isnt getting any pressure, this needs to end sunday!![/QUOTE]

Bah Revis will take care of Andre Johnson. Though that usually just opens up for the #3WR to gain 100 yards. Hopefully our guys are healthy, such as Lowery and Cole, so we don't have to see Smith that much.

But either way..if Sanchez can keep up what he's been doing then this game should be no problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I was surprised to the see that the line is Jets -6.5

the Jets were shutout by a injury depleted Packers D. ...

Hall Of Fame
    I'm never that confident about this team, I would have put money on Cleveland, but I expext to beat the Texans by three touchdowns and Cincy by two touchdowns.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3821642]I'm never that confident about this team, I would have put money on Cleveland, but I expext to beat the Texans by three touchdowns and Cincy by two touchdowns.[/QUOTE]

You know what scares me?
    Rex said before the Browns game that his defense was gonna be "happy" to play a team that just lines up & runs the ball, that they were sick of playing these "ARENA" type offenses.

Well, the Texans are the epitomy of an arena type offense so we better have a solid offensive plan to score some damn points this week.
    Or maybe the defense can come up with some turnovers or pick sixes. That always makes victory that much easier.

The Jets are playing poorly and still winning. Imagine when they start playing up to their potential again. The Jets are due for an all around game, I'm pretty confident it will be against the Texans.

Houston, once again, was over-rated by the media and after the beat down we laid on them last season, in their own house might I add, I have full blown confidence in our abilities to win the game. Matt Schaub is a tad over-rated and the Texans defense is one of the worst in the league.

A 31-17 Jets victory is in the makings.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetster;3821659]You know what scares me?
    Rex said before the Browns game that his defense was gonna be "happy" to play a team that just lines up & runs the ball, that they were sick of playing these "ARENA" type offenses.

[B]Well, the Texans are the epitomy of an arena type offense [/B]so we better have a solid offensive plan to score some damn points this week.
    Or maybe the defense can come up with some turnovers or pick sixes. That always makes victory that much easier.[/QUOTE]

In previous years, this is accurate. This year, not so much. They have been a more balanced offense with Arian Foster running wild at times. This game scares me for two reasons; it's at home where we suck and Schotty could screw this up. The Houston defense is atrocious. Everybody scores at will on them. Schotty has proven more than capable of finding a combination of gameplan and playcalling that makes us the first team not to put points on the board. Fortunately, Mark Sanchez might be good enough to overcome it.

[QUOTE=124;3821674]Houston, once again, was over-rated by the media and after the beat down we laid on them last season, in their own house might I add, I have full blown confidence in our abilities to win the game. Matt Schaub is a tad over-rated and the Texans defense is one of the worst in the league.

A 31-17 Jets victory is in the makings.[/QUOTE]

I want to see a lot of Shonn Greene punching them in the face & classic playaction TDs to Edwards, Holmes & Keller. We need to get LT a rest for that Patriots showdown.
    Would be nice to get a good lead & let McKnight get some action. You never know when you might need your backup runners, just look at the Pats.

[QUOTE=RoadFan;3821686]In previous years, this is accurate. This year, not so much. They have been a more balanced offense with Arian Foster running wild at times. This game scares me for two reasons; it's at home where we suck and Schotty could screw this up. The Houston defense is atrocious. Everybody scores at will on them. Schotty has proven more than capable of finding a combination of gameplan and playcalling that makes us the first team not to put points on the board. Fortunately, Mark Sanchez might be good enough to overcome it.[/QUOTE]

Doee anyone have the exact number of points the Jets have put up per quarter?
    I have a feeling the 1st quarter points have to be atrocious.