Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Everyone Confident?

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Horny, confident, whatever. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetster;3821701]Doee anyone have the exact number of points the Jets have put up per quarter?
    I have a feeling the 1st quarter points have to be atrocious.[/QUOTE]

I don't feel like looking that up but Houston is 31st in points allowed.. Jets are 3rd..

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3821706]Horny, confident, whatever. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

When I go to the Hotties Forum, I feel "confident", too......in my pants.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=Vin;3821726]When I go to the Hotties Forum, I feel "confident", too......in my pants.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of when I was young in school. I would get confident for no earthly reason. Sometimes, sitting there, it could get real uncomfortable being so confident. And Lord knows you didn't want to be too confident just before the bell rang! :eek:

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3821733]Reminds me of when I was young in school. I would get confident for no earthly reason. Sometimes, sitting there, it could get real uncomfortable being so confident. And Lord knows you didn't want to be too confident just before the bell rang! :eek:[/QUOTE]

[b]THIS.[/b] It's like...."WTF?" It's school, dammit!! Nothing to be "confident" about.

Unless of course you saw a girl wearing a skirt shorter than Danny Woodhead.....:D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetster;3821281]Ok- So each week we have discussions regarding Shottenhiemer and the playcalling.
    We all know that Houston is a "SOFT" team, but we also know that the Texans are a team that can easily put up 24 points.

So, are all the Shotty lovers confident that we will score over 24 points?
    I'm not doing this to start trouble
    In fact I believe that the Texans will have a really hard time stopping our running game, but we all know that you have to score TDs in the redzone against a team like the Texans.

This game scares me because we have trouble getting into the endzone.
    This is Detroit X 2
    If we play this game from behind you know our fans will sit on their hands and probably add some nice boos along the way.
    It's just strange that I don't have as much confidence @ home compared to road games.[/QUOTE]

SHEER NONSENSE! We beat them last year with a rookie QB in their house. Time for you to become a Giants fan. You are espousing the SOJ syndrome. get over it. Thes is a different team.

All Pro
    I'm more confidenct for this game than I have been for the previous two.

We'll move the ball on Houston. Their defense stinks, and I think they're demoralized. Their offense will score, but not a ton.

I think we win decisively for the first time in awhile.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3821757][B]SHEER[/B] NONSENSE! We beat them last year with a rookie QB in their [B]hose[/B]. Time for you to become a Giants fan. You are espousing the SOJ syndrome. get over it. Thes is a different team.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:IflKTKbxXkWSAM:http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss89/brocco713/DSC_3790.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

Must………..not……..get…………confident……….

All League
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3821664]The Jets are playing poorly and still winning. Imagine when they start playing up to their potential again. The Jets are due for an all around game, I'm pretty confident it will be against the Texans.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Hopefully the weather is tolerable and the crowd shows up and so does our offense.

[QUOTE=jetster;3821281]Ok- So each week we have discussions regarding Shottenhiemer and the playcalling.
    We all know that Houston is a "SOFT" team, but we also know that the Texans are a team that can easily put up 24 points.

In fact I believe that the Texans will have a really hard time stopping our running game, but we all know that you have to score TDs in the redzone against a team like the Texans.

This is Detroit X 2
    If we play this game from behind you know our fans will sit on their hands and probably add some nice boos along the way.
    It's just strange that I don't have as much confidence @ home compared to road games.[/QUOTE]

Schitthead will get us 24 points vs. the worst pass defense in 30 years this Sunday if they play a full 5 quarters again. and at least 14 of those points will come from total improvisation from Sanchez.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3821642]I'm never that confident about this team, I would have put money on Cleveland, but I expext to beat the Texans by three touchdowns and Cincy by two touchdowns.[/QUOTE]

you are nuts. this team makes every opponent look like world beaters, the browns, the lions, injury riddled packers. if we do win (as someone else said), it will be another long aggrevating painful day.

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3821771][IMG]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:IflKTKbxXkWSAM:http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss89/brocco713/DSC_3790.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

Must………..not……..get…………confident……….[/QUOTE]

Careful. That chick could be a dude. :rotfl:

Key players in this game are Owen Daniels and Jacoby Jones, the slot reciever and the tight end for Houston.

Revis will take out Johnson and the line can stop Foster.

By the way, I'm not down on the defense for that last drive. McCoy made two exceptional passes and the tight ends made two exceptional catches.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3821664]The Jets are playing poorly and still winning. Imagine when they start playing up to their potential again. The Jets are due for an all around game, I'm pretty confident it will be against the Texans.[/QUOTE]

Dimitri I hope so. I was pretty happy with the overall playcalling this past week. Defensively it's another matter. I'm tired of waiting for a pass rush. My guess is that's its a thing of the past. That said with 2 outstanding CB's and the ablity to stuff the run we should be able to keep them in check.

I really hope we breakout. Jets by 2 TD's.. No more heart attack games please! I can't deal with it.

The Texans are capable of scoring 24 or more points for sure. But they are awful on defense. Especially in pass protection.

Jets will run it effectively enough to allow Sanchez to make repeated big strikes down the field...to Bray, Holmes and Keller.

I can see Brad Smith having a big game out of the wildcat. Maybe even passing it for a change.

The Jets ran up over 400+ yards of offense against the Lions and Browns. And during these two games...Sanchez has taken his game to a higher level. Averaging over 300+ passing ypg.

Jets will score enough to win. It really settles down to how many points the Jets D will allow in this game. If they play a physical game at a high level...Texans won't score enough to win this one.

[QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3821627]the Jets were shutout by a injury depleted Packers D. ...[/QUOTE]

Which was aided by 8 dropped passes

Jets put up over 400 yds of offense in the game

If you're going to spin nonsense, use all the facts

Packers weren't depleted on D, they lost several players on offense.

[QUOTE=GreenReaper;3822186]The Texans are capable of scoring 24 or more points for sure. But they are awful on defense. Especially in pass protection.

Jets will run it effectively enough to allow Sanchez to make repeated big strikes down the field...to Bray, Holmes and Keller.

I can see Brad Smith having a big game out of the wildcat. Maybe even passing it for a change.

The Jets ran up over 400+ yards of offense against the Lions and Browns. And during these two games...Sanchez has taken his game to a higher level. Averaging over 300+ passing ypg.

Jets will score enough to win. It really settles down to how many points the Jets D will allow in this game. If they play a physical game at a high level...Texans won't score enough to win this one.[/QUOTE]

I see it the other way around, though realistically every game is a combination of how the Jets O and D play, with some special teams thrown in as well.

The Texans are a good offense, with a good chance to put up 20 or 30+ any game.

The bigger question for me is whether the Jets O can do what they should be able to do and put up a lot of points against one of the worst defenses in the league. We failed to do that against Denver's bad D, needing a drive in the final minutes to score 24 points. We failed to do that against Detroit's bad D, scoring only 20 points in regulation.

The Jets O may need to put up a lot of points this week. And score points, not just accumulate yards. I think they will be able to, but they need to prove it. Dominate the Texans D like they should.

okay, so how many teams have been shut out this season? one, the jets. sch$tty must go. and last time i checked, 400 yds isn't equal to even one point. those are the facts that count.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3822198]Which was aided by 8 dropped passes

Jets put up over 400 yds of offense in the game

If you're going to spin nonsense, use all the facts

Packers weren't depleted on D, they lost several players on offense.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Vin;3821746] Unless of course you saw a girl wearing a skirt shorter than Danny Woodhead.....:D[/QUOTE]

A skirt shorter than Danny Woodhead would be called a belt.

And as for confidence, I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading here about getting rid of the OC every single day. This is Week 11 of regular season play and the team is winning. Let's see if the NYJ get into the playoffs first.

The Fat Bridesmaids of the NFL. Get To The Altar. Get The Ring. ;)

This is Detroit X 2

I could end up looking a fool for saying this...

IMO, styles make matchups in the NFL. There are some teams that just DO NOT match up well with what we do. The Texans IMO, are a team that just doesn't match up well with us.

After last season, in the playoffs, after we thrashed the Bengals for a second week in a row. I said to myself, "The Bengals just DO NOT match up well with us". Then I started thinking about other teams that do not match up well with us. The first team that came to mind was the Texans. In our opener last season we played and gave them a thorough beat down. The ONLY points they scored was on a Sanchez pick six, his first game as a pro.

Now, remember we still had Kris Jenkins in that game and he was a BEAST all day long. He completely dominated the LOS. The Texans had no answer for him. We won't have him for next weekend and that could change things quite a bit. But, IMO, there are still way too many ways that we dominated them, TOP, Offensive plays run, yards per carry, etc. We kept the Texans off balance in every phase of the game.

So I conclude that we will win this game convincingly. I think Sanchez and the offense is starting to come out of their slump. And the Jets are quite simply, a MUCH better team since we played the Texans last.

I think your worrying about nothing. When the schedule came out during the offseason, and I saw the Bengals and Texans on it, I circled them as AUTOMATIC wins. The Texans have trouble with teams that dominate at the LOS, that's what we do. We play ground and pound and if the Jets stick to that gameplan I think we are guaranteed of a victory. I don't think we'll win this game by 30, like my words would indicate, but I can easily see us winning by 10 points or more. And if we did win by 30, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.