Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else HATE the wildcat?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else HATE the wildcat?

I cringe everytime I see it!! Also, it seems shotty runs it when the offense is just getting into a good rythem.

Maybe it helps in keeping the opposition on their toes...IDK... maybe if they threw out of it more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brad smith Averages 7.0 yards per carry.

I LOVE the seminole package

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing I hate about it is the NAME.

This isn't Miami...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    what games have you been watching?? certainly not the browns game where Brad and Mizzoutigercat were a very significant part of the offense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to see the "Tiger package" (or whatever the hell the Jets are calling it these days) at least 5-7 more times per game.

Schotty has just scratched the surface of what he should be doing with it. Options, reverse options, mis-direction, passing out of it....
    If we threw out of it at least 1x per game - it would scare the CRAP out of the opposing LBs.

I LOVE this formation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3821382]Brad smith [B]Averages 7.0 yards per carry[/B].

I LOVE the seminole package[/QUOTE]

Really? It doesn't seem like it. I still don't like it. It's becoming predictable..They only threw out of it once this year, right? The TD to Keller in the Bills game?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ctjetfan;3821400]Really? It doesn't seem like it. I still don't like it. It's becoming predictable..They only threw out of it once this year, right? The TD to Keller in the Bills game?[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with them saving the throws for when we really need them. I don't think they ever threw out of it last year until the AFC Championship game where we pulled off a deep completion to Cotchery (with a good throw would have been a TD).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jpoppy7;3821403]I have no problem with them saving the throws for when we really need them. I don't think they ever threw out of it last year until the AFC Championship game where we pulled off a deep completion to Cotchery (with a good throw would have been a TD).[/QUOTE]

December 6th would be a great time for a TD throw out of the mizzoo cat

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, you might end up on an island with this one. Don't see how anyone can have a problem with that package when you consider the huge 3rd & 15 that Smith converted against the Fins in the 4th quarter, or the 7-yard run Greene had out of the formation on 3rd & 6 just this past Sunday.

I will contend that the Jets run this formation better than anyone in the league, now that the Dolphins are struggling with it. Smith always gets positive yards, and every once in a while pops one for 10-15. I also love that they're holding off on throwing the ball - I'd be fine if they didn't throw out of the formation for the rest of the year, if it meant Smith could find a receiver deep in the playoffs as he did last year against Indy.

You can question Schotty's timing with the formation every once in a while, but not the productivity that comes out of it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jpoppy7;3821403]I have no problem with them saving the throws for when we really need them. I don't think they ever threw out of it last year until the AFC Championship game where we pulled off a deep completion to Cotchery (with a good throw would have been a TD).[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you one thing, Sanchez would be wide open if Smith take a step forward before dropping back....love to see that

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What Kills me is that this could be an even MORE Effective "Package" if they had Brad actually...you know.....Throw a Pass.

Right now, it's become predictable that it would be a running play. If we start mixing in passing plays with the Tiger-whatever-it-is package, it would make it that much more effective against opposing teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate it when it doesn't work... love it when it does.

Can't deny it. I'm shell shocked with Schotty.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing that amazes me about this package is just how strong Brad Smith is..he shrugged off a couple initial hits this past week and does not go down normally on first or second contact. It's hard not to like seeing this formation and with Brad running it we have to be one of the best.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    we run it better than anyone in the league right now, so for that reason, I love it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ctjetfan;3821377]I cringe everytime I see it!! Also, it seems shotty runs it when the offense is just getting into a good rythem.

Maybe it helps in keeping the opposition on their toes...IDK... maybe if they threw out of it more.[/QUOTE]

You may be on yor own on this one buddy... Smith runs very well out of it and we often use it to convert 3rd downs, and have overall been very successful with it. You cannot pass out of it often or the passes won't work. Passes out of this set require an element of surprise.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    actually on every usage when Sanchez was split outside, the defender on him at the snap headed into the center of the field as soon as Smith took the snap and left Sanchez uncovered.

I'd love to see Smith drop back on December 6 and throw a TD pass to Sanchez to run up the score to around 45-7 in the third quarter at Sucksboro

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dynamic Hip Screw;3821430]You may be on yor own on this one buddy... Smith runs very well out of it and we often use it to convert 3rd downs, and have overall been very successful with it. You cannot pass out of it often or the passes won't work. Passes out of this set require an element of surprise.[/QUOTE]

Yep, i'm in the minority on this one..Oh well, I'll love it when Smith hits Sanches for a TD..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It makes me nervous as hell when it's 3rd down and we're using it. Even though it's often successful getting a 1st, I still always say "Cmon wtf!" when I see them line up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3821434]actually on every usage when Sanchez was split outside, the defender on him at the snap headed into the center of the field as soon as Smith took the snap and left Sanchez uncovered.

I'd love to see Smith drop back on December 6 and throw a TD pass to Sanchez to run up the score to around 45-7 in the third quarter at Sucksboro[/QUOTE]

I was wondering how his hands are as well...didn't Favre catch one against us this year?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3821440]It makes me nervous as hell when it's 3rd down and we're using it. Even though it's often successful getting a 1st, [B]I still always say "Cmon wtf!" when I see them line up[/B].[/QUOTE]

yep!!