Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tix via Craigslist

Veteran

Jets Tix via Craigslist

Has anyone ever bought from Craigslist?

Person wants to do tranaction this way:

I am selling all 4 tickets . If you are interested to buy these tickets i will do this transaction only through eBay.In order to start the transaction i will need your full name, address, your ebay user id. They will send you an invoice how to purchase the tickets from me.( You will have to send the payment to an eBay agent. They will hold the funds until you will send them the confirmation that you received the tickets and they are real). I will send the tickets via UPS overnight.

Sound legit or fishy?

do it thru paypal...this way you dont get screwed.
    Craigslist is notorious for scammers. I got gypted 300 bucks to see roger waters...went there, the usher scanned my tix and said they were counterfeit and asked where i got them.
    coksuckers!

Sounds fishy to me. Sounds like they are asking for to much personal information. ebay hides user id for those bidding on items. People were using others account info to hijack auctions and sell items they did not own. Just my 2 cents.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Do NOT use craigslist. ONLY participate in an eBay transaction that has been POSTED there.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3821564]Do NOT use craigslist. ONLY participate in an eBay transaction that has been POSTED there.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say categorically don't use craigslist....but be discerning as to what ads you'll respond to. If someone sounds legit, is willing to give you a legit email address/cell # and is willing to meet you, they're probably ok.

Generally on craigslist, if you use common sense, you'll probably be fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crasherino;3821570]I wouldn't say categorically don't use craigslist....but be discerning as to what ads you'll respond to. If someone sounds legit, is willing to give you a legit email address/cell # and is willing to meet you, they're probably ok.

Generally on craigslist, if you use common sense, you'll probably be fine.[/QUOTE]Do they guarantee purchase like eBay? Stubhub?

Did you check EBAY? Seems to be a lot of tickets right now....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I know someone that got scammed via craigslist for the Vikes game, 2 tixx. Thing is, they were sec. 135 or 137 or something, near the middle on the sideline, which were going for above face everywhere else you looked, and the price was $100 per ticket - so if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3821581]Do they guarantee purchase like eBay? Stubhub?[/QUOTE]No, they don't enter the transaction at all. Best used for initial contact on locally completed, face-to-face transactions. I wouldn't do anything with printed tixx via craigslist, and in any event, enter early - if you get tixx that were sold multiple times, only the first entrant is getting in.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3821581]Do they guarantee purchase like eBay? Stubhub?[/QUOTE]

Clearly they don't - nor does JI for that matter....but depending on the circumstances, I'd trust a guy from here - if he just joined and had 2 posts, I wouldn't. But if a guy from Craigslist will email you from his Lehman brothers account, I'd trust him.

Wait a minute....;)

I have 2 tix and a parking pass for thxgiving game if anybody needs. am only asking face value. upper deck. 85 for each i believe and 20 for pp.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=isired;3821600]I know someone that got scammed via craigslist for the Vikes game, 2 tixx. Thing is, they were sec. 135 or 137 or something, near the middle on the sideline, which were going for above face everywhere else you looked, and the price was $100 per ticket - so [B]if it sounds too good to be true, it is[/B].[/QUOTE]

Right - obviously you need to be wary....but when I've bought off of Craigslist and the guy is willing to a) meet me face to face, b) give me his cell phone # and/or his work (or non-shady email address), and I'm able to talk to him about the source of the tickets, I have no problem using Craigslist.

I've used stub hub before and it works fine, but the fees associated can really add up and drive up the cost of the transaction considerably. If its a non-premium event, I definitely check out Craigslist.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

another Q

[QUOTE=isired;3821600]I know someone that got scammed via craigslist for the Vikes game, 2 tixx. Thing is, they were sec. 135 or 137 or something, near the middle on the sideline, which were going for above face everywhere else you looked, and the price was $100 per ticket - so if it sounds too good to be true, it is.[/QUOTE]Don't they inactivate the hard copy once a paper transaction is done?

Jets Insider VIP
    using craigslist is like asking to be ripped off

im done with getting tickets on craigslist. Got burned last year for 2 tix to the cincy game. I met the guy, he had this whole story about how his boss wasnt in town to sell them, and he asked him to sell them for him. I checked them out and they looked legit when he gave them to me....

IF I EVER SEE THAT DUDE AGAIN! :steamin:

I have 2 for Pats game if anyone is interested.

[QUOTE=FF2;3821640]I have 2 for Pats game if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

I am interested

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=FF2;3821640]I have 2 for Pats game if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

See, just like on Craigslist, you can get scammed on JI too. People have no shame.

All Pro
    ticketexchange is the best way.. .may not be the cheapest though

If you don't use NFL.com/TicketExchange you're asking to be turned down at the gates with a fake ticket.