Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tix via Craigslist

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It's a scam. Ebay doesn't have 'agents'..

Tell him to post his tickets on ebay and send you the link to the auction, where you will gladly bid on them.

he'll balk

As for craigslist in general, it's sketchy. I've used CL to sell and buy tickets over the years, and never have had a problem, but with E tickets and technology making it easier to scalp more than ever it's probably best to go through ebay or stubhub or even ticket exchange directly.. but to be 100% sure the tickets you buy are legit, head over to the JI ticket board..

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=124;3821690]If you don't use NFL.com/TicketExchange you're asking to be turned down at the gates with a fake ticket.[/QUOTE]

And there are good fakes out there too.

I know a guy who bought ticks from a scalper at the Georgia Dome to see VTech play a couple of years ago. Seems like him and 4 others had the same seat! When they checked their tickets, his was fake. He was out about $80.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tennessee_Jet;3821535]Has anyone ever bought from Craigslist?

Person wants to do tranaction this way:

I am selling all 4 tickets . If you are interested to buy these tickets i will do this transaction only through eBay.In order to start the transaction i will need your full name, address, your ebay user id. They will send you an invoice how to purchase the tickets from me.( You will have to send the payment to an eBay agent. They will hold the funds until you will send them the confirmation that you received the tickets and they are real). I will send the tickets via UPS overnight.

Sound legit or fishy?[/QUOTE]

be careful...check out the ticket forum...some guy bought a pair of tickets on craiglist to a game (green bay) and they turned out to be fakes- home made reprints which the jets verified were to be fraud tix...

as far as the person asking for your ebay user id- you have to be nuts to give anyone that- they will use it to sell stuff at auction they don't have...DO NOT GIVE ANYONE YOUR PERSONNAL INFO...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3821616]Don't they inactivate the hard copy once a paper transaction is done?[/QUOTE]

yes- if you email your tickets to someone or sell them through NFLticket exchange the hard tix are useless...

The OP looks sketchy for sure.

With that said I've sold on CL and JI - Face to face transactions only

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3821720]And there are good fakes out there too.

I know a guy who bought ticks from a scalper at the Georgia Dome to see VTech play a couple of years ago. Seems like him and 4 others had the same seat! When they checked their tickets, his was fake. He was out about $80.[/QUOTE]

There's no reason now to even bother with creating good fake tickets. With the advent of emailing tickets, even real tickets are no longer valid once they are emailed.

Many people have gotten screwed by Stubhub - when they try to use their tickets, they aren't valid. Sure they'll get their money back from Stubhub eventually, but that's little solace when you are outside the game/concert and you want to be inside. I'd almost rather weed through the crap ads on Craigs List and find someone who is willing to meet me personally or at least give me some personal information that makes it highly unlikely that they will be ripping me off.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3821616]Don't they inactivate the hard copy once a paper transaction is done?[/QUOTE]I'm not sure - maybe. So the hard copy wouldn't get in at all, the printed tixx, only the first entrants with each ticket would get in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crasherino;3821809]There's no reason now to even bother with creating good fake tickets. With the advent of emailing tickets, even real tickets are no longer valid once they are emailed.

Many people have gotten screwed by Stubhub - when they try to use their tickets, they aren't valid. Sure they'll get their money back from Stubhub eventually, but that's little solace when you are outside the game/concert and you want to be inside. I'd almost rather weed through the crap ads on Craigs List and find someone who is willing to meet me personally or at least give me some personal information that makes it highly unlikely that they will be ripping me off.[/QUOTE]

While I can appreciate the ease in selling tickets today with emailing tickets, some kind of measures need to be implemented to prevent people from selling 'bad' tickets.

Right now, with emailing tickets, a guy can sell his same tickets as many times as he wants to print out his tickets.. making buying any ticket on the secondary market a pretty big risk right now. It's not like the good old days when guys with crappy ticket knockoffs tried to sell fakes in the parking lot..

I am selling all 4 tickets . If you are interested to buy these tickets i will do this transaction only through eBay.In order to start the transaction i will need your full name, address, your ebay user id. They will send you an invoice how to purchase the tickets from me.( You will have to send the payment to an eBay agent. They will hold the funds until you will send them the confirmation that you received the tickets and they are real). I will send the tickets via UPS overnight.

phuk that. I've bought and sold on Craig's list. Always local where the dude comes to my office and we make the sale. That's the beauty of Craig's list. It's local. I sold my 4 Mezz Corner MNF Minnesota tickets via then North jersey Craig's list. Buyer came to my office, I clicked on my ticket management page and printed him PDFs of the tix. That way he knew they were legit and had never been copied or printed out before.
    Last edited by Dcat; 11-16-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dcat;3821821]phuk that. I've bought and sold on Craig's list. Always local where the dude comes to my office and we make the sale. That's the beauty of Craig's list. It's local. I sold my 4 Mezz Corner MNF Minnesota tickets via then North jersey Craig's list. Buyer came to my office, I clicked on my ticket management page and printed him PDFs of the tix. That way he knew they were legit and had never been copied or printed out before.[/QUOTE]

In theory, couldn't you print out your Jets tickets an infinite number of times?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=shuler82;3821820]While I can appreciate the ease in selling tickets today with emailing tickets, some kind of measures need to be implemented to prevent people from selling 'bad' tickets.

Right now, with emailing tickets, a guy can sell his same tickets as many times as he wants to print out his tickets.. making buying any ticket on the secondary market a pretty big risk right now. It's not like the good old days when guys with crappy ticket knockoffs tried to sell fakes in the parking lot..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, remember the good ol' days when you could simply hold a lighter up to a Ticketmaster ticket to see if it turns purple?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crasherino;3821834]Yeah, remember the good ol' days when you could simply hold a lighter up to a Ticketmaster ticket to see if it turns purple?[/QUOTE]Still the ticket takers at MSG had 40-50 fakes in their left hand for every knicks game... same thing holds true though, anyone I know who got burned paid like $25 for a hot ticket that was going for $150+.

Sounds legit to me.

Make sure you include your social security number and a photocopy of your driver's license too.

Just curious, what's your mother's maiden name?

[QUOTE=shuler82;3821828]In theory, couldn't you print out your Jets tickets an infinite number of times?[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhhhh...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=isired;3821886]Still the ticket takers at MSG had 40-50 fakes in their left hand for every knicks game... same thing holds true though, anyone I know who got burned paid like $25 for a hot ticket that was going for $150+.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the St. John's/Duke game that my bro-in-law and I bought fake tickets to. Tix were going for over $100 a pop for 300/400, but for some reason we thought the scalper who was selling us section 22 (or whatever it was) had legit tix. Whatever section it was, we realized after that it didn't even exist.

We are both relatively intelligent people who are generally pretty astute when it comes buying tix For whatever reason, we had a dual brain fart and thought we found a great deal. Now, whenever we have tickets somewhere, we always tell each other they're in Section 22.

All League
    [QUOTE=124;3821690]If you don't use NFL.com/TicketExchange you're asking to be turned down at the gates with a fake ticket.[/QUOTE]

Man, glad to read that after reading this thread...LOL.

I bought 4 tix off TicketExchange for this weekend's game and was getting worried!

[QUOTE=crasherino;3821929]We are both relatively intelligent people who are generally pretty astute when it comes buying tix [/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3821947]:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I don't want to brag, but I'm kind of a big deal. I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3821953]I don't want to brag, but I'm kind of a big deal. I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Well played.

All League

Quick google search turned up this:

[url]http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=16694246[/url]

seems some LSU fans got warned about rip offs on CL, and the scam was to send eBay ID etc...

Hmmm....

And this:

[url]http://gorgando.com/blog/topics/internet_fraud/scam-alert-bradley-morgan-bdmorgan117gmail-com-craigslist-scam-nfl-tickets[/url]

and this from cutting and pasting your original posting into Google:

[url]http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS358&=&q=I+am+selling+all+4+tickets+.+If+you+are+interested+to+buy+these+tickets+i+will+do+this+transaction+only+through+eBay.In+order+to+start+the+transaction+i+will+need+your+full+name%2C+address%2C+your+ebay+user+id.+They+will+send+you+an+invoice+how+to+purchase+the+tickets+from+me.&btnG=Google+Search&aq=&oq=[/url]

Scam!