Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Correct me if I'm wrong...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I'm wrong...

But regardless of some of the whining and complaining around here the Jets are currently the #1 seed in the AFC..

No?:rolleyes:

Discuss.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3821545]But regardless of some of the whining and complaining around here the Jets are currently the #1 seed in the AFC..

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

Technically it is true...

But it's all thanks to luck and barely beating bad teams and so we are actually a bunch of worthless losers doomed to utter and complete failure, a group so low we have to look up to see down, the scum of the earth, pitiful useless trash that should just all jump of a bridge right now and get it over with.

Best regards,
    SOJF

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CharlieDelray;3821619]Technically it is true...

But it's all thanks to luck and barely beating bad teams and so we are actually a bunch of worthless losers doomed to utter and complete failure, a group so low we have to look up to see down, the scum of the earth, pitiful useless trash that should just all jump of a bridge right now and get it over with.

Best regards,
    SOJF[/QUOTE]

awesome:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Best regards,
    SOJF[/QUOTE]

LOL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Best regards,
    SOJF

P.S. I'm Roger Vick[/QUOTE]

fixed

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    That and a buck will getchya a cup of coffee.

Too bad the season doesn't end now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

But it's all thanks to luck and barely beating bad teams and so we are actually [b]a bunch of worthless losers doomed to utter and complete failure, a group so low we have to look up to see down, the scum of the earth, pitiful useless trash that should just all jump of a bridge right now and get it over with.[/b]

Best regards,
    SOJF[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the Jets or Dolphin Fans? ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't matter man, the raiders are the scariest team in the nfl...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3821545]But regardless of some of the whining and complaining around here the Jets are currently the #1 seed in the AFC..

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2009 Denver Broncos started 6-0 with consecutive victories over the Cowboys, Patriots, and Chargers (MUCH more impressive than our Bronco/Lion/Browns trifecta). Pretty sure Bronco fans were real high on their team.

Since then they are 5-14.

Contrary to popular opinion, we ALL hope the Jets turn it around and play the way they are capable. When they bring their "A" game, they can go toe-to-toe with ANYONE.

Problem is we haven't seen that in over a month. Some of you want to blindly believe they'll "turn it on", and I PRAY you're right. But others of us are waiting for some tangible sign of it before we get too excited.

Doesn't make us any less of a fan -- simply means we know what this team CAN do, and are somewhat impatient they're not DOING it . . .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Technically, there is no "Number 1 Seed" in mid-November.

And, in actuality, the Jets are tied with New England despite the fact that the Jets beat the Patriots earlier this season.

In divisional play, the head-to-head tiebreaker only comes into play if one team sweeps the other team. If they split, they then go to divisional record (both teams would be 3-1), then Conference record (both teams would have 2 conference losses). So, in real life, the Jets and Patriots are currently tied.

The Jets will offically take command of the division, and the conference, after they beat Houston and Cincinnati, then beat the Patriots again. All of which they will do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3821808]Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2009 Denver Broncos started 6-0 with consecutive victories over the Cowboys, Patriots, and Chargers (MUCH more impressive than our Bronco/Lion/Browns trifecta). Pretty sure Bronco fans were real high on their team.

Contrary to popular opinion, we ALL hope the Jets turn it around and play the way they are capable. When they bring their "A" game, they can go toe-to-toe with ANYONE.

Problem is we haven't seen that in over a month. Some of you want to blindly believe they'll "turn it on", and I PRAY you're right. But others of us are waiting for some tangible sign of it before we get too excited.

Doesn't make us any less of a fan -- simply means we know what this team CAN do, and are somewhat impatient they're not DOING it . . . [/QUOTE]

your argument is reasonable and level-headed. i think it's fine that people have higher expectations for the Jets and want them to perform better. i want that, too.

however, what people like TurkJetFan and myself and others have been arguing is that, despite the fact that the Jets aren't playing their best, they still find ways to win games week in and week out. like you said, the Jets have been in a "slump" ever since the Vikings game, but they're 4-1 in that span. when the Jets were in a slump last year, they lost 6 out of 7.

that shows a team that has improved and has learned how to handle adversity. they now believe they can win any game, no matter what the score is or how much time is left, "it ain't over 'til it's over" type of mentality. most importantly, the last few weeks have given Sanchez a sort of baptism by fire, and he has handled himself like a true pro. we are now winning games because of our young franchise QB, not in spite of him.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3821853]your argument is reasonable and level-headed. i think it's fine that people have higher expectations for the Jets and want them to perform better. i want that, too.

however, what people like TurkJetFan and myself and others have been arguing is that, despite the fact that the Jets aren't playing their best, they still find ways to win games week in and week out. like you said, the Jets have been in a "slump" ever since the Vikings game, but they're 4-1 in that span. when the Jets were in a slump last year, they lost 6 out of 7.

that shows a team that has improved and has learned how to handle adversity. they now believe they can win any game, no matter what the score is or how much time is left, "it ain't over 'til it's over" type of mentality. most importantly, the last few weeks have given Sanchez a sort of baptism by fire, and he has handled himself like a true pro. we are now winning games because of our young franchise QB, not in spite of him.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother....amen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many, including myself, try to correct you when you claim that Brian Schottenheimer is a competent OC. There is something worse than blindness, and that is, seeing something that isn't there.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

This is why I love Rex Ryan...

I love to read the varying degrees of criticism and homerism that comes on this web page.

Either we are the worst team ever or we will walk on water before and after the next game.

This is good for fans to vent their frustrations or talk some smack about their team.

The good thing to know is this.

The Jets are concentrating on the Houston Texans and are working on stoping the penalties and lack of focus, (Pushups anyone?)

They have it lucky. They focus on the errors from the previous game and install the game plans for the upcoming game. They go through the daily grind of practicing.

They are busy and have no free time to "Homer" or "SOJF" themselves.

This is why I love Rex Ryan. He knows how to create cautious optimism for the future and knows how to get his point across for the past. He makes football fun but knows when to bring down the thunder.

I have coached in high school and it is hard enough to keep an even keel with teen age boys who you can totally destroy with a ill-timed butt chewing. Rex has it going on all cylinders. He understands what our weaknesses and strengths are and he is making changes.

Of course these changes dont happen as fast as some would like, but they are happening.

Now here we are as fans watching and not knowing what is going on behind the scenes. Believe me, Rex Ryan is working on everything we talk about and I know this because if he wasn't we would not be winning. Is it working out in a timely manner? No, but it is moving forward.

What I hope to see is our team hitting their stride about week 15, with all facets of our team hitting on all cylinders. Right now I see glimpses of what is needed to be a quality football team and I see things that need to be worked on. We don't want to peak too early.

I knew a coach that would put up a caledar which only had 7 days on it. It started the day after the last game and ended with the next game. Anything before the start date and anything after the end date didnt matter.

The way the team played before and after that time didnt matter. What mattered is how the team was practicing and playing during that 7 day stretch.

Ok i am done. Too much time on my hands.

Let's go out and play 60 minutes of hard football this sunday. And if nothing else we play like a Jet. And when we do, it will mean good things.

J E T S JETS JETS JETS

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LEADING THE LEAGUE IN EFFIN WINS

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last year, we lost close, hard-luck games to Miami twice, Atlanta, Jacksonvile and Buffalo. So technically, we were 14-2 and had the best record in the NFL :P

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm enjoying this Season.....

Look at it this way. We are 18-10 including playoffs (damn nice run too) with Rex as HC and Sanchez the Kid. Also, 12-3 in our last 15 regular season games as well.

Compared to pulling every Sunday for this team at the end of Namath's career (3 straight years of 3-11 during the 70's were tough to watch), ok teams with Richard Todd, Heartbreak in 1985, mediocre to poor teams of the early 90's, Kotite, etc. I think the future is bright for this team.

And maybe, just maybe, this will be the year that long suffering, loyal, but yet optimistic fans will be paid back for all of the Sundays, time and emotional ups and downs our NY Jets have puts us through our entire lives.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What does being the #1 seed after week 10 get us?

I keep forgetting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3821808]Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2009 Denver Broncos started 6-0 with consecutive victories over the Cowboys, Patriots, and Chargers (MUCH more impressive than our Bronco/Lion/Browns trifecta). Pretty sure Bronco fans were real high on their team.

Doesn't make us any less of a fan -- simply means we know what this team CAN do, and are somewhat impatient they're not DOING it . . .[/QUOTE]

It may not make you less on a fan, but it does make you a lousy fan, and a miserable person.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

Funny enough, despite some of the fan-based oral tongue bathing of late, we're still playing under our potential vs. lesser teams.

Imagine that, neither criticism (haterfied whining) or praise (homer tongue-bathing) actually affects the team or it's record.

Who woulda thought?

Oh, and +1 to OCCH as usual lately.