Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Correct me if I'm wrong...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3821839]Technically, there is no "Number 1 Seed" in mid-November.

And, in actuality, the Jets are tied with New England despite the fact that the Jets beat the Patriots earlier this season.

In divisional play, the head-to-head tiebreaker only comes into play if one team sweeps the other team. If they split, they then go to divisional record (both teams would be 3-1), then Conference record (both teams would have 2 conference losses). So, in real life, the Jets and Patriots are currently tied.

The Jets will offically take command of the division, and the conference, after they beat Houston and Cincinnati, then beat the Patriots again. All of which they will do.[/QUOTE]
    No they haven't technically split with the Pats yet, so in real life they're still leading the division. If they win the Super Bowl I'm sure you'll be crying about how hard it is to win two in a row, so why even bother. Why can't we enjoy our success? I want the team to focus on their short comings and next weeks opponent, but I don't think you or I are playing next week so we can afford to celebrate as much as we want.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ArizonaJetsFan;3821880]I love to read the varying degrees of criticism and homerism that comes on this web page.

[B]Either we are the worst team ever or we will walk on water before and after the next game.[/B]

This is good for fans to vent their frustrations or talk some smack about their team.
    [/QUOTE]

The biggest extremes on here are not even before and after games, but during them. The gameday threads on a Sunday are a graphic illustration of on-line bipolar disorder. If we go down by an early touchdown then the SOJ fans are out in force saying "I told ya so". Cue a Jets touchdown to level it up and we are all off to Dallas again. All this in the first quarter. :)

You got to love the internet really. This place allows us a platform to vent our emotions on any given Sunday and long may it continue.

The Jets Insider - 'saving remote controllers from physical harm and curbing the alcoholic intake of Jets fans during match games sixteen times a year'.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listen all I'm saying is for all the moaning and complaining the bottom line is the Jets are currently the top team in the AFC...

of all the crap being thrown around here recently, I figured it was time for someone to throw out an actual fact...

:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3821545]But regardless of some of the whining and complaining around here the Jets are currently the #1 seed in the AFC..

No?:rolleyes:

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

My god, yeah, we get it. We ALL get it! We do! We're in FIRST PLACE!!! As a matter of fact, let me be clear:

[B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I AM THRILLED THAT THE JETS ARE CURRENTLY 7-2!! TOTALLY PSYCHED!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I am optomistic...yes,[B] I[/B] am [I]optomistic[/I] that the Jets will finish the regular season with a regular season record of at LEAST 12-4 for only the second time in franchise history and secure a playoff birth.

I think the defense is getting better right when it needs to be and will get stronger as the weather gets worse. They can stop the run and shut down the deep pass on any given day.

I think the [I]TALENT[/I] on Offense is the best in [B]FRANCHISE HISTORY[/B], yeah, the best the Jets have ever had. The skill players are awesome - Edwards, Holmes, Cotch, Keller, LT, Greene, Smith...the O-Line is a POWERHOUSE that can take over a game....and the young Franchise QB is developing by leaps and bounds and is the spark plug the O needs.

I think the head coach is a guy who gets it, a guy that takes all the pressure off of his players and has dealt with all the adversity and distractions that can arise in the course of an NFL season as well as any coach I have ever seen. Hes like a friendly, likeable Parcells - but just as tough as any coach around.

So whats my deal? Right?

I've seen this before, 1982, 1986, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2008 and even last year - but this 2010 Jets team is far and away more talented than those teams.

So why the anger from me and guys like me that so many here like to mock and insult? Because this team, this 2010 Jets team is poised to go all the way, for all of the above reasons and many more - and when this team, as talented as it is and in position to go out and FINALLY get it DONE comes out FLAT and confused and undisciplined and downright SKITTISH on Offense the way it has in several games now this season, it is downright infuriating!

Its maddening and its worrisome when a team THIS TALENTED gets SHUT OUT at home against a team missing half its D to injury. Or goes to OT against teams that are so outclassed talent-wise that it is ridiculous. Or plays AFRAID of another teams D. This team has the BEST CHANCE WE"VE SEEN SINCE 1968. They are in position to do so. They have gone 7-2 now, 3-0 in the division, 5-0 on the road.

Those are AMAZING stats! Amazing! But....think back to 8-3 in '08. When I see this insanely talented Jets team getting [B]shut out at home[/B], and looking pedestrian on Offense, it sends up [I]HUGE[/I] warning flares. Is this team that has been [I]good[/I], going to be able to be[B][I] GREAT [/I][/B]when it counts?

Are they going to be on the CUSP, only to see the chance slip away because of a turnover off of an asinine triple reverse flea-flicker on 3rd and 7 in the red zone? Or be knocked out of winning FG range because Damian Woody flinches after being in his stance for 10 seconds while everybody on the Jets Offense goes into motion?

Those things have been [B]MY[/B] gripes. I haven't been critical of the pass rush because I understand that Rex is working without even an AVERAGE pass rusher, much less a great one. I haven't killed the pass D because I know that after Cro and Revis, it gets sticky. I HAVE criticized the Safeties, but nothing they can really do about that now aside from maybe try Lowery there....but the problems on O have been occuring for NO REASON and are easily fixed, yet we see the same problems year after year and I don't want to see this Jets team derailed because the OC is too stubborn to adjust what hes doing on O.

I know, I'm [I]crazy[/I].

Yes, I have enjoyed the HELL out if the Jets victories this year. I'm happy as crazy that the Jets are 7-2 and in first place tied for the best record in the league. I Love Jets football, and maybe I should chill out, but I can't. Its not the type of fan that I am.

So, yeah, I'm sorry if I get carried away sometimes, but its not because I "hate" the Jets, or am some "SOJF" arsehole....its not because I have zero faith in the team. I don't "bash" players or coaches just [I]because[/I], or to get a rise....I get angry because I see the TALENT on this team, the POTENTIAL and the obvious ability of this team to get it done...and when I see them making the same mistakes, the same stupid decisions, the same "playing DOWN to your competition" it drives me nuts!

The Jets have said nothing differently than my take on this season, "[B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]SUPER BOWL OR BUST[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]"!! I just want to see them do it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K_O_Brien;3822046]The Jets Insider - 'saving remote controllers from physical harm and curbing the alcoholic intake of Jets fans during match games sixteen times a year'.[/QUOTE]

Saving remote controls? Yes. Curbing alcoholic intake? Probably not :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3822058]My god, yeah, we get it. We ALL get it! We do! We're in FIRST PLACE!!! As a matter of fact, let me be clear:

[B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I AM THRILLED THAT THE JETS ARE CURRENTLY 7-2!! TOTALLY PSYCHED!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I am optomistic...yes,[B] I[/B] am [I]optomistic[/I] that the Jets will finish the regular season with a regular season record of at LEAST 12-4 for only the second time in franchise history and secure a playoff birth.

I think the defense is getting better right when it needs to be and will get stronger as the weather gets worse. They can stop the run and shut down the deep pass on any given day.

I think the [I]TALENT[/I] on Offense is the best in [B]FRANCHISE HISTORY[/B], yeah, the best the Jets have ever had. The skill players are awesome - Edwards, Holmes, Cotch, Keller, LT, Greene, Smith...the O-Line is a POWERHOUSE that can take over a game....and the young Franchise QB is developing by leaps and bounds and is the spark plug the O needs.

I think the head coach is a guy who gets it, a guy that takes all the pressure off of his players and has dealt with all the adversity and distractions that can arise in the course of an NFL season as well as any coach I have ever seen. Hes like a friendly, likeable Parcells - but just as tough as any coach around.

So whats my deal? Right?

I've seen this before, 1982, 1986, 1998, 2002, 2006, and even last year - but this 2010 Jets team is far and away more talented than those teams.

So why the anger from me and guys like me that so many here like to mock and insult? Because this team, this 2010 Jets team is poised to go all the way, for all of the above reasons and many more - and when this team, as talented as it is and in position to go out and FINALLY get it DONE comes out FLAT and confused and undisciplined and downright SKITTISH on Offense the way it has in several games now this season, it is downright infuriating!

Its maddening and its worrisome when a team THIS TALENTED gets SHUT OUT at home against a team missing half its D to injury. Or goes to OT against teams that are so outclassed talent-wise that it is ridiculous. Or plays AFRAID of another teams D. This team has the BEST CHANCE WE"VE SEEN SINCE 1968. They are in position to do so. They have gone 7-2 now, 3-0 in the division, 5-0 on the road.

Those are AMAZING stats! Amazing! But....think back to 8-3 in '08. When I see this insanely talented Jets team getting [B]shut out at home[/B], and looking pedestrian on Offense, it sends up [I]HUGE[/I] warning flares. Is this team that has been [I]good[/I], going to be able to be[B][I] GREAT [/I][/B]when it counts?

Are they going to be on the CUSP, only to see the chance slip away because of a turnover off of an asinine triple reverse flea-flicker on 3rd and 7 in the red zone? Or be knocked out of winning FG range because Damian Woody flinches after being in his stance for 10 seconds while everybody on the Jets Offense goes into motion?

Those things have been [B]MY[/B] gripes. I haven't been critical of the pass rush because I understand that Rex is working without even an AVERAGE pass rusher, much less a great one. I haven't killed the pass D because I know that after Cro and Revis, it gets sticky. I HAVE criticized the Safeties, but nothing they can really do about that now aside from maybe try Lowery there....but the problems on O have been occuring for NO REASON and are easily fixed, yet we see the same problems year after year and I don't want to see this Jets team derailed because the OC is too stubborn to adjust what hes doing on O.

I know, I'm [I]crazy[/I].

Yes, I have enjoyed the HELL out if the Jets victories this year. I'm happy as crazy that the Jets are 7-2 and in first place tied for the best record in the league. I Love Jets football, and maybe I should chill out, but I can't. Its not the type of fan that I am.

So, yeah, I'm sorry if I get carried away sometimes, but its not because I "hate" the Jets, or am some "SOJF" arsehole....its not because I have zero faith in the team. I don't "bash" players or coaches just [I]because[/I], or to get a rise....I get angry because I see the TALENT on this team, the POTENTIAL and the obvious ability of this team to get it done...and when I see them making the same mistakes, the same stupid decisions, the same "playing DOWN to your competition" it drives me nuts!

The Jets have said nothing differently than my take on this season, "[B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]SUPER BOWL OR BUST[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]"!! I just want to see them do it.[/QUOTE]

dude....

relax...the reality of this season accross the NFL is there are NO dominant teams...yes some teams have flashed a dominant performance but that's it...even the beasts of the conferences have been beaten badly by other LESS TALENTED OPPONENTS...the only team that hasn't gotten an ass whopping is guess who...

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][SIZE="7"]THE JETS!!![/SIZE][/COLOR]

THERE IS NO TEAM IN THE NFL THAT IS STRAIGHT DOMINANT THIS YEAR...ITS JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...

The JETS are doing great this season in the type of season it has been...

Guys who are expecting dominance are going to continue to be frustrated...it's clearly not in the mold for any team this year and I'm fine w/ that...get me a #1 - #3 seed and let's ride.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;3822038]Why can't we enjoy our success?[/QUOTE]

What success?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This place can make Jonestown look like a Princess party at Disney. :mad:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all honesty it all comes down to how you want to look at things. If your a pessimist than you will always see the glass half full and complain about the little things. Bottom line is the team is 7-2 and currently tied for best record in the league.

Both Indy and NO has to pull out tough wins last year and struggled at times but they were the last 2 teams standing when it was all said and done. Going through this rough patch should make us a better team in the end.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3822067]What success?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Right now, it's still 41 years and counting. Period. Let's talk in late January.

Let's see where all the DNJFs* are if we tank and suck for a few more years. I'll still be watching and complaining no matter what. Guaranteed the current chest thumpers will be long off the bandwagon and back to beating off into a sock on football Sundays. Okay, I might do that, too if i wasn't married. But not if the Jets are on TV.

* Deluded New Jets Fans. Yeah, that's right, mother f**ker. I coined it and claim all U.S. and international copyrights.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;3822023]What does being the #1 seed after week 10 get us?

I keep forgetting.[/QUOTE]

More of this :

[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/maludeputy/francesa.png[/img]"Da Jets are a very very lucky team...dey will nevah be of da calaburr of da Giants Franchise."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for stating the obvious however the season still has 7 games to go and anything can happen. consider this. anyone feel good about having brunnel come in if sanchez goes down? i don't. i'm pretty sure that brunell can't pass his way out of a paper bag so if the jets have any chance of winning with brunell then they must be able to run the ball. can they? we have seen some tough running by tomlinson and greene but as one talking head pointed out, this season they are missing the really long run gains. much as jones didn't have breakaway speed he did have a couple of nice runs in excess of 20 yards. i wonder what the jets longest run from scrimmage is this season? and i hate to sound like a broken record (not) but this offense and it's inability to score td's in the red zone is all on sch$tty. he's the guy who needs to find the plays that work in this situation and right now they have a td to fg ratio of around 20%. that just isn't going to cut it. the team can not waste a 16 minute long drive only to come up with a field goal. make no mistake, everyone should be very happy about where they are but no one should be very optimistic about where they will finish.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    really no ass whupping? you mean a 9-0 home loss to an inferior team isn't an ass whupping? just what is?

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3822063]dude....

relax...the reality of this season accross the NFL is there are NO dominant teams...yes some teams have flashed a dominant performance but that's it...even the beasts of the conferences have been beaten badly by other LESS TALENTED OPPONENTS...the only team that hasn't gotten an ass whopping is guess who...

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][SIZE="7"]THE JETS!!![/SIZE][/COLOR]

THERE IS NO TEAM IN THE NFL THAT IS STRAIGHT DOMINANT THIS YEAR...ITS JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...

The JETS are doing great this season in the type of season it has been...

Guys who are expecting dominance are going to continue to be frustrated...it's clearly not in the mold for any team this year and I'm fine w/ that...get me a #1 - #3 seed and let's ride.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3822096]really no ass whupping? you mean a 9-0 home loss to an inferior team isn't an ass whupping? just what is?[/QUOTE]

What is it? Its a loss on a day where the jets should of and could of won but didn't...not an ass whupping...

Example of ass whopping:

Eagles @ Redskind 11.15.10

Some of you guys crack me up....ud rather stand up for being a pessimist then simply accept the fact that at this juncture the jets statistically sit in the #1 spot...

I find real humor in it....find more ways to punch holes in it some of you...

Jets win the superbowl and I promise you there will be those trying to punch a hole in it...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry but a shut out is an ass whupping.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3822104]What is it? Its a loss on a day where the jets should of and could of won but didn't...not an ass whupping...

Example of ass whopping:

Some of you guys crack me up....ud rather stand up for being a pessimist then simply accept the fact that at this juncture the jets statistically sit in the #1 spot...

Jets win the superbowl and I promise you there will be those trying to punch a hole in it...[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3822104]What is it? Its a loss on a day where the jets should of and could of won but didn't...not an ass whupping...

Example of ass whopping:

[B]Some of you guys crack me up....you rather stand up for being a pessimist then simply accept the fact that at this juncture the jets statistically sit in the #1 spot...[/B]

Jets win the superbowl and I promise you there will be those trying to punch a hole in it...[/QUOTE]
    I wonder if they take the same loser attitude to other aspects of their life?? Like fishing, do they say no way do we catch anything I bet we don't get a bite and the boat sinks.. Or Golf.. I bet I shoot so far over par I may die of old age before I finish 9 holes.. Or trying to pick up a girl, I know I'll get rejected maybe I should just turn gay..:P

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3822108]sorry but a shut out is an ass whupping.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go out on a limb and assumed you watched that game...

It was FAR from an ass whopping....the jets have multiple opportunities to capitalize, at no point were getting their asses whopped...

They failed to make the play w numerous chances...Since then? 2-0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3822115]I wonder if they take the same loser attitude to other aspects of their life?? Like fishing, do they say no way do we catch anything I bet we don't get a bite and the boat sinks.. Or Golf.. I bet I shoot so far over par I may die of old age before I finish 9 holes.. Or trying to pick up a girl, I know I'll get rejected maybe I should just turn gay..:P[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna say most definitely.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3822058]My god, yeah, we get it. We ALL get it! We do! We're in FIRST PLACE!!! As a matter of fact, let me be clear:

I am optomistic...yes,[B] I[/B] am [I]optomistic[/I] that the Jets will finish the regular season with a regular season record of at LEAST 12-4 for only the second time in franchise history and secure a playoff birth.[/QUOTE]

Did you purposely misspell [b]OPTIMISTIC?[/b] :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Vin; 11-16-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3822079]Exactly. Right now, it's still 41 years and counting. Period. Let's talk in late January.

Let's see where all the DNJFs* are if we tank and suck for a few more years. I'll still be watching and complaining no matter what. Guaranteed the current chest thumpers will be long off the bandwagon and back to beating off into a sock on football Sundays. Okay, I might do that, too if i wasn't married. But not if the Jets are on TV.

* Deluded New Jets Fans. Yeah, that's right, mother f**ker. I coined it and claim all U.S. and international copyrights.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I don't think you get it -- WE'RE 7-2!! For real, I googled it just to make sure!! That makes us the BEST TEAM IN THE NFL!! I don't think another team EVER went 7-2!! (except for all the ones that did, of course) And the Browns played with a lot of spunk -- did you even watch the game?! And why do you even mention our shortcomings -- don't you know they will evaporate once the postseason begins? I mean, c'mon, we're 7-2 -- best record in the NFL!! And besides, even if we don't get our act together, don't you know all the other teams stink just as bad? Maybe if you'd been a fan for more than 2 weeks you'd know we should just be happy we don't have Rich Kotite anymore. And don't forget, WE'RE 7-2!! Best record in the NFL!! I checked!! (but correct me if I'm wrong . . .)