Thread: Home Field Advantage?

Home Field Advantage?

I keep hearing critcism about Jets fans at home games. Although I don't go to many games in person, when I have gone I know that I'm pretty pumped up after the kickoff and get immediately into the game.
    But
    After that, the home team needs to keep the fans "into" the game with some good play.
    The 2010 NY Jets have scored a total of ZERO TDs in the 1st quarter of 4 home games! In fact they have only scored 6 points in 4 games in the 1st quarter.
    Two Fgs!
    That's it!
    Oh, the NY Jets have scored all of 1 TD in the 2nd quarter of 4 home games!
    In fact they have scored all of 1 TD & 4 FGs in 4 home games in the 2nd quarter.
    Now if that doesn't get you excited & in the mood to enjoy yourself than what will?
    In this day & age when EACH & EVERY rule has been put in to help the offense this is borderline criminal.
    How can you really blame fans for sitting on their hands when they aren't given anything to cheer about?
    I know if I paid $6000 for my seat & $120 per game, I'd be damn sure hoping that I'm gonna get something for it.
    The Jets need to score some damn points at home otherwise I'm not surprised that 80,000 people can sound like crickets!

All Pro
    We still have a lame ass home crowd. Did you see the Browns crowd on Sunday?

[QUOTE=Austin;3821756]We still have a lame ass home crowd. Did you see the Browns crowd on Sunday?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I also saw them take the opening kickoff after we "deferred" and march down the field & smash us in the face with Hillis who we told everyone we would STUFF.
    I'm thinking that when Hillis ran into the endzone & pulled a Zeus, it helped to keep an amped up crowd even crazier!

those home games agianst ravens and packers was brutal. hard to get into a game and keep it going when the team does nothing

[QUOTE=jetster;3821773]Yes, but I also saw them take the opening kickoff after we "deferred" and march down the field & smash us in the face with Hillis who we told everyone we would STUFF.
    I'm thinking that when Hillis ran into the endzone & pulled a Zeus, it helped to keep an amped up crowd even crazier![/QUOTE]

Maybe we could get Steve Weatherford fo pull a Zeus after every punt...just to keep the crowd pumped up.

Jets Insider VIP
    unbelievable as it may sound, I've been to road games now at Sucksboro, Cincinnati, Indy (twice), San Diego and Detroit

and far and away, the Motowners were the loudest and best home crowd of the bunch

standing, yelling, disturbing the signals when on defense, singing and all that stuff

and they haven't had a winning team since Bobby Layne

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;3821791]unbelievable as it may sound, I've been to road games now at Sucksboro, Cincinnati, Indy (twice), San Diego and Detroit

and far and away, the Motowners were the loudest and best home crowd of the bunch

standing, yelling, disturbing the signals when on defense, singing and all that stuff

and they haven't had a winning team since Bobby Layne[/QUOTE]

Interesting stuff. Surprising too because it looked like there was a bunch of empty seats on TV (at the Detroit game).

All League
    [QUOTE=Austin;3821756]We still have a lame ass home crowd. Did you see the Browns crowd on Sunday?[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. Jets fans will simply never be a top tier gameday crowd.

You watch Jets home games and then you watch Browns, Eagles, Chiefs, etc. home games and there is no comparison.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sg3;3821791]unbelievable as it may sound, I've been to road games now at Sucksboro, Cincinnati, Indy (twice), San Diego and Detroit

and they haven't had a winning team since Bobby Layne[/QUOTE]

and 1/2 the stadium was empty. (i was there)

it helps they play in a dome where crowd noise gets amplified, and that they don't have $700 seats between the 30s..(got my ticket on the 20 yard line/row 10 for $85)

As someone posted yesterday, New York is an "event-driven" crowd.

The stadium will rock for "events", i.e. Jets vs. Patriots, or playoff games. But, NY crowds don't get fired up over regular season games.

Come playoff time, the Jets will have a true home field advantage.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3821847]As someone posted yesterday, New York is an "event-driven" crowd.

The stadium will rock for "events", i.e. Jets vs. Patriots, or playoff games. But, NY crowds don't get fired up over regular season games.

Come playoff time, the Jets will have a true home field advantage.[/QUOTE]

Leave NY out of it, this has Jersey written all over it...:P

On a related note, if the post-season happens for us I hope the Jets play at home for the Wildcard, I suppose.

But definitely a Wildcard game.

A week off for this team would be fatal.

Veteran
    I'll say this for the last time, and I hope this clears up any confusion.

The team priced out the real fans in favor of high priced corporate driven clientele.

Thank you.

[QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3821874]I'll say this for the last time, and I hope this clears up any confusion.

The team priced out the real fans in favor of high priced corporate driven clientele.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[QUOTE=jetster;3821773]Yes, but I also saw them take the opening kickoff after we "deferred" and march down the field & smash us in the face with Hillis who we told everyone we would STUFF.
    I'm thinking that when Hillis ran into the endzone & pulled a Zeus, it helped to keep an amped up crowd even crazier![/QUOTE]

The scored a field goal on the first drive, but who's counting ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Well this should be less of a give away game 1pm and all should bring out more of the faithful, animals included( hopefully). I am expecting a crowd that is ready to get into the ear of the Texans. It's sad Rex has to give a wake up call, this just shouldn't be.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=jetster;3821752][B]Home Field Advantage?[/B][/QUOTE]

We're not making the playoffs.

Roger Vick told me.