Thread: How is that Henne's better than Sanchez argument going right now?

How is that Henne's better than Sanchez argument going right now?

On one hand you have an ascending player showing the leadership and moxie to win late games while on the other you have an organization ready to give up on Henne for lack of leadership and emotion. I think Henne has the skills to become a decent starting QB in this league, but I don't think he exudes much confidence in his team mates. Word out of Miami is that Marshall is looking forward to playing with Thigpen.

All League
    It's still way too early to close the book on Henne, but right now things aren't exactly going well for him.

I'm sure he'll get better BUT he needs at least another GOOD Receiver opposite B.Marshall.

All League
    [QUOTE=Vin;3822207]I'm sure he'll get better BUT he needs at least another GOOD Receiver opposite B.Marshall.[/QUOTE]

I don't know I entirely agree with that...bess is definitely a quality #2 wr as well as fasano at tight end...marshall is an elite wr in this league which most teams would love to have...I don't think the weapons or lack there of around him are the reason for his lack of progression

I would do Bess for Cotch straight up right now for this offense, Bess is taylor made to play in the slot, while Cotch is an ideal number two but not really a slot type, he's struggling right now as the number three. Bess is 40 slow, but like Welker he's got crazy hips and quickness.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;3822182]On one hand you have an ascending player showing the leadership and moxie to win late games while on the other you have an organization ready to give up on Henne for lack of leadership and emotion. I think Henne has the skills to become a decent starting QB in this league, but I don't think he exudes much confidence in his team mates. Word out of Miami is that Marshall is looking forward to playing with Thigpen.[/QUOTE]

i don't think it would be fair to annoint Sanchez as THAT much better than Henne at this point, for a few reasons. Henne is injured right now and playing on a lesser team, and has shown flashes of brilliance on multiple occasions (especially against the Jets). does Sanchez have a leg up on Henne at this point in the debate? absolutely. but it's not fair to close the book just yet, when the guy has been about as good as Sanchez to begin with, just played a good game the other day, and is now injured for an extended period of time and playing on a lesser team...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

It never was close. Both Jet fans and Miami fans overrated Henne because he had one really good game against the Jets last season, and another pretty good one this season (that he blew with an INT on the final play).

All I heard from Dolphin fans as to how they have a better o-line, running backs, WR's, and the D was even but now all of a sudden Sanchez has more weapons....it can't go both ways against Sanchez. Either he's making the most of his opportunities or he is just this good. I think he would be good in Miami or just as good here. He would have the same growing pains regardless of the weapons he has and then he would figure it out just like he is now. IMO opinion he will be a top 5 Qb in the next few years as he progresses but is good enough to win a superbowl this year and to me thats exciting for Jets fans to know he still has a ton of upside that HEnne just doesn't have albeit leadership skills or tools. Sanchez is better now and will be better later!

For Dolphin fans? Very poorly, but this was a losing argument to begin with. Sanchez is better now and the gap between the two will only continue to grow.

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
    2010 New York Jets 9 9 163 298 54.7 1,991 6.7 12 6 14 99 80.5 16 32 2.0 2 4 0
    2009 New York Jets 15 15 196 364 53.8 2,444 6.7 12 20 26 195 63.0 36 106 2.9 3 10 3
    TOTAL 359 662 54.2 4,435 6.7 24 26 40 294 70.9 52 138 2.7 5 14 3

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
    2010 Miami Dolphins 9 8 195 305 63.9 2,140 7.0 9 11 13 79 79.4 18 18 1.0 0 2 0
    2009 Miami Dolphins 14 13 274 451 60.8 2,878 6.4 12 14 26 176 75.2 16 32 2.0 1 4 0
    2008 Miami Dolphins 3 0 7 12 58.3 67 5.6 0 0 0 0 74.0 -- -- -- -- -- --
    TOTAL 476 768 62.0 5,085 6.6 21 25 39 255 76.9 34 50 1.5 1 6 0

i dont exactly understand how this debate has been settled so easily. the other guy has a better completion percentage, a better quarterback rating, 3 less TD's and 1 more pick. it would be widely accepted at this point that the Jets are the superior team, especially with a better run game and defense to fall back on, so why is it that Sanchez is SO much better than the other guy? right now it seems like we have the slightly better quarterback, but who knows, maybe Sanchez will **** the bed in the final 7 weeks, be mediocore next year, and maybe Henne goes out and throws 35 touchdowns in 2011, and Dolphins fans are telling everyone about how Henne is by far the superior quarterback between he and Sanchez...

All League
    I live in SoFla and have been saying for 3 years now to my delusional Fin fan coworkers and friends that Henne had ZERO upside coming out of Michigan. He is the same exact QB now that he was in his Soph. season at Michigan. Strong arm, ZERO pocket presence, no touch.

He is what he is.

[QUOTE]All I heard from Dolphin fans as to how they have a better o-line, running backs, WR's, and the D was even but now all of a sudden Sanchez has more weapons....it can't go both ways against Sanchez. Either he's making the most of his opportunities or he is just this good. I think he would be good in Miami or just as good here. He would have the same growing pains regardless of the weapons he has and then he would figure it out just like he is now. IMO opinion he will be a top 5 Qb in the next few years as he progresses but is good enough to win a superbowl this year and to me thats exciting for Jets fans to know he still has a ton of upside that HEnne just doesn't have albeit leadership skills or tools. Sanchez is better now and will be better later! [/QUOTE]

Yeah, This ^ is typical of Dolphins fans I talk to...."The Jets suck!!! DOlphins have a better O-Line, better RBs, better Run game, Better WR, yaddayaddayadda"........."Whaaaaaaaa! Sanchez has [I]MORE WEAPONS[/I]"!

OT but a funny conversation I had with a station Captain that is a HUGE FIn fan, I started laughing about Channing Crowder (I call him Charlie Chowder) talking all the crap he does and he is a barely average starting ILB and the Capt. gets PISSED, like FOR REAL pissed...so I kept pushing his buttons and told him Crowder is 1/10 the player that Bart Scott or David Harris is, and the guy starts yelling! It was hillarious! He said, "[I]NOBODY IS TEN TIMES THE PLAYER THAN ANYONE ELSE!! THATS BULL****[/I]!!"

I started laughing and asked if he was "ordering me" to verify my ****talk stats prior to morning meeting....
    Last edited by Jet_Engine1; 11-16-2010 at 10:58 PM.

[QUOTE=Vin;3822207]I'm sure he'll get better BUT he needs at least another GOOD Receiver opposite B.Marshall.[/QUOTE]

He needs a better team than the damn Dolphins! :yes: